test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

At the end of TIAMAT I suddenly dissapear from there and appear at the original location

tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
edited February 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I dont know if it is a bug or something else. I dont know if i was kicked out from there by a bug or what. I am never inactive in a party, never. I have never before been kicked out, So it must be a bug or someone who thinks he is funny voting for a kick out. Several times I noticed ppl asking me to vote for a kick out of others. I suppose there is always someone inactive in TIAMAT, I dont know, I don go look inside but in that case I vote No.
I suppose I am not the only one who has happened this today. Twice. Just before getting the reward. It happened to me the last time while I was reviving someone.

I repeat I dont know if it's a bug or a kicked out from some ...... who thinks he is being funny.

Thanks for reading.

Btw: I didnt get any message at all saying that i was kicked out or anything.
Post edited by tholther on

Comments

• Options
    kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I dont know if it's a bug but I noticed today quite often ppl starting a vote to kick out other players from TIA. I dont vote yes if I dont see the player by myself, and at TIA whit so many people running around it's quite difficult to see if someone is inactive. Maybe other players can tell you more.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    You got kicked. You don't get a system message indicating you got kicked. You just go back to where you were when you went transferred to the instance.

The different kick rules are annoying. For Tiamat, you can kick. But given the size of the map and so many people in it, it may be hard to do so unless someone complains in chat about an afk-er before the kick.

Demogorgon you cannot kick. Which is bad because I've seen people go afk immediately after stepping on the platform. They don't even escape the cutscenes. And they remain on the platform till the end.

IG you cannot kick. I would love to be kicked from a gold run. Instead, I must afk and wait for my AD.
  • Options
    tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    So, I got kicked by someone who think it's funny? Well, that sucks.

I appeal from here to the Neverwinter Community NOT to say yes when someone starts a vote to kick someone if you do not see with your own eyes the player in question being inactive.

I appeal from here to the Moderators of Neverwinter to watch this incidents carefully, because especially in TIAMAT it has been happening a lot the last days. In such a crowded places with so much activity going on it's easy to start a vote for a kick. And many ppl will just push the yes button to get the message away fast and because it's very difficult to check if the referred player is indeed inactive.

Maybe writing the name of the one starting such a vote in TIAMAT would be a start. There are some ppl out there who think this is funny. I really pity them.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Moderators can't do anything in-game. This thread has been forwarded, and that's the best that we personally can do.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    The kick vote should be erased without compensation in my opinion. The system should define the parameters for identifying someone being afk and kick someone automatically if these parameters are met.

At a first glance, in Tiamat this should be very simple: if someone is not near one of the clerics in the defending phases and/or not near the heads in the head-fighting phases for lets say more than a minute, or stays dead for more than a minute, he is kicked automatically. No matter if he has connection problems or is a leecher or has to go to the toilet or whatever other reason there might be to stay afk for more than a minute. Make these defining parameters public so every player knows them so that noone has a legit reason to complain if he's automatically kicked.

For other trials, skirmishes and dungeons it should be possible to define such parameters as well.

To leave the responsibility of kicking someone to the players will ALWAYS end in legit complains.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    As will applying a cookie-cutter solution implemented by the system.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.