test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chult: Allosaur can see through stealth

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
I had a treasure map for the chest in the southern part of the map on the east bank of the river, where two Allosaurs hang out. It's normally not possible to go up to the dig spot without aggroing them, so I decided to try a different tactic. My DC has been around a long time -- a VERY long time -- and has the [Cloak of Lesser Etherealness], which gives 30 seconds of stealth. However, after using it and moving up to the dig spot, the Allosaurs still aggroed. Boo.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well, it is just "more difficult to see you" and totally not invisible. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    They see stealth tr also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Stealth never prevents aggro, even if the mob is stopped from targeting you. You can use stealth to prevent a mob from interrupting the interaction with an object, but you must be able to click prior to combat starting or the item must be interactable while in combat (such as Black Ice nodes)

One trick to get that map if you struggle with the dinos there is to find a Rex farming instancd. Odds are that other players will have cleared them out already.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother