test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skirmish/CN Awards - Please adjust to Bound on Equipped

Most skirmish awards are bound to account. Other than +4 and +5 items the awards should be set to bound on equipped.

I have received many archons, artifacts, etc... from the skirmish, though most get discarded as I cannot sell the item or use it other than for minimal refinement points.

Please adjust the awards and how they are bound.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Some seem to depend on what rank they are. Uncommon - unbound. Epic - Bound to Account.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I have received many good companions from uncommon to epic and could not sell them. Some of those companions sell for 500K+ AD. I simply either had to equip or discard and most were discarded as I do not need them. Yippie for me.

Lost AD on my end and how many other players have seen the same happen to them.

Items that can be sold in the AH should not be bound in any form or fashion when found in any treasure chest in group content.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If those companions dropped unbound from skirmishes, they would be worth 5k to 50K AD not 500K.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    How can you lose AD when you never had it to begin with?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshade said:

If those companions dropped unbound from skirmishes, they would be worth 5k to 50K AD not 500K.

It would drop the prices down to that value but right now the archons, other than water, are all 250K+ for an uncommon. I have gotten plenty of these type of companions in various content and do not need any of them for any of my characters. I would have rather sold them than discard them, even if for a small amount.
    greywynd said:

How can you lose AD when you never had it to begin with?

It is a loss of AD as I cannot sell it. I gain zero, if I could sell it I would gain some AD, therefore it is a loss because they cannot be sold and instead end up being discarded. If these items could be placed into the AH it would have a positive impact and lower the cost of some of the companion and make it more affordable to play alts for those that still need said companions.

I have gotten two Cambus, 3 air archons, 2 fire, 2 earths, etc...and yet I had to delete them all as I already have the companions I need for my characters.
  • Options
    But you can't, so at best it is zero sum. Not negative. You couldn't sell them before you had them. You can't sell them after you get them due to bound. Zero sum.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    ...but yet the value of the item was deducted from the total loot dropped in that content, so the internal figure for how satisfactory the loot is in a particular dungeon or skirmish is being misrepresented
  • Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > But you can't, so at best it is zero sum. Not negative. You couldn't sell them before you had them. You can't sell them after you get them due to bound. Zero sum.

No, it’s clearly a loss. You were rewarded with something that holds value but because it’s bound and unneeded, it’s thrown out, hence that particular value is now lost.

It’s an unrealized return on investment.
  • Options
    Or you can save it for a new character.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I can't remember the last time I got a drop I was able to sell for more than 10K. And that includes a few companions. Most artifact equipment are a few K AD now. Some even sub-1K. So I don't think binding matters much now. If everything was unbounded, the majority of the drops will be worthless.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I had a Wheel of Elements (Rare) drop in the last week - unbound $180K
    I had a Air Archon (Rare) drop within the last month - unbound $600K
    I had a dragonbone thingymagiggy drop from the Neverdeath dragon - $60K

So you can still get some good unbound drops, they just don't happen very often.

I lol'd the other day when I got a greater Latthanders cloak and it was worth 463AD :(
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Man, the last time I sold a dungeon drop for 600K was when the lostmeal horn was in vogue. I would not complain if I got a BtA wheel.
  • Options
    nemesis666#6862 nemesis666 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > I have received many good companions from uncommon to epic and could not sell them. Some of those companions sell for 500K+ AD. I simply either had to equip or discard and most were discarded as I do not need them. Yippie for me.
    >
    > Lost AD on my end and how many other players have seen the same happen to them.
    >
    > Items that can be sold in the AH should not be bound in any form or fashion when found in any treasure chest in group content.

dont u understand its the same for all? when all this drops would be unbound u would get NOTHING? look what 1 batiri is worth on the ah.
  • Options

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> I have received many good companions from uncommon to epic and could not sell them. Some of those companions sell for 500K+ AD. I simply either had to equip or discard and most were discarded as I do not need them. Yippie for me.

>

> Lost AD on my end and how many other players have seen the same happen to them.

>

> Items that can be sold in the AH should not be bound in any form or fashion when found in any treasure chest in group content.

dont u understand its the same for all? when all this drops would be unbound u would get NOTHING? look what 1 batiri is worth on the ah.

That drops pretty frequently in PF. It is so cheap because it drops so often, especially if you get gold and all groups I run with only get gold.