test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please fix Aura of Courage before Mod 13?

123457»

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Tired of the salt?
    Need to refill your popcorn?
    We'll be back after a short commercial break!
    ----

Hello wheelchairs!

In the videos, Aura of Courage is the main source of the GF's damage.
    Please nerf AoC, don't nerf DPS GFs.

Thanks!

I wonder how long till GWF still somehow gets the blame for this
    It already has, somewhere on page 6ish "broken gwf mechanics" were blamed for 10 second boss melts in groups that don't have a gwf and where nobody is using lightning.
    ...brilliant
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

@nitocris83 how can you send this false stupidity info to the team were theres not a single problem with Aura of Courage, the game simply doesnt have mobs/bosses tough enough to handle the damage output of the players ingame with r13/14 enchantments, and when the devs added the tougher content, they made the mistake to add the increase to r13/14 to enchantments. The nerf of the bondings was enough to make chult content tough but the increase made everything obsolete.

How can he? How he dares? Why on the earth would he think it's acceptable that he can send informations to the development team that is so off of your preference. I'm sure he did not even asked you for a permission to do so. He should be kicked from the company right now by defiling the golden rule of this game. Maybe execution, but your grace should consider at least allowing him to grant some explanation for his rude and humiliating attitude and beg for mercy.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

Good heavens. A completely passive class feature, where the Paladin literally has to do nothing in order to grant its benefits, should be better than 4,000 Power?

Uh... yes. 4000 power even if you only have 0 power is 10% more damage. Where is your "please fix terrifying insight" thread? On average 4k power in end-game is between 3% and 1% more damage. So yeah... I would hope that a classes class features grant the party more than a single percent of usefulness. Sorry for asking too much.
    I have said in an earlier post that I thought Terrifying Insight was also overpowered. To me, class features which grant a buff, *without the buffer having to do anything*, these buffs should be small. Because otherwise these class features are simply must-haves and everyone, as we are seeing, builds their groups around them. TI and HG are the only reasons why anyone brings DO DC's to endgame groups. And AoC and Aura Gifts are the principal reason why anyone brings OPs to endgame groups.
    Simply requiring no work isn't really why Terrifying Insight is "overpowered" ... it is that buffs in general provide so much benefit. There is no need for pure tanks, there is no need for healers, there is no need for shielders, there is no need for jumpers, there is no need for teleporters, there is no need for control. There is only damage. So what does everyone take? The most damage. How do they get the most damage? Well because buffs provide a higher benefit ratio in normal groups, they bring one damage dealer and many buffers.

There are many compounding issues here. One I already described, where damage is the only meaningful stat (well... and movement speed), but also that the benefits of buffs currently outweight DPS even if you only have one DPS class. This could be caused by many different factors, including but not limited to: buffs are too strong, dps classes are too weak, support classes deal too much personal damage while supporting, etc.

But if we were to look at the general strength of class features... they are all super powerful. Maybe not Terrifying Insight and Aura of Courage powerful, but they are very powerful. The reason some classes have such powerful class features, is because their powers are weak, or they have weak class features because their powers are so strong. There is a balancing act. Just because one class has an amazing class feature doesn't mean they are broken. You need to look at the class as a whole in a group with many other combinations to see its average benefit in a group, and what the class forces others to do or not do to synergize with it.

I find it far more appalling that clerics and paladins together reduce the effectiveness of the power stat to the point where the relative increase in damage from power is measured in fractions of a percent. That these two classes together remove the need for damage resistance and deflection chance, and finally that they both add so much multiplicative damage that a single rotation from high base damage classes can one-shot bosses.

Complaining about this one feature because it is a class feature or because it makes you build a couple radiant enchantments is silly. Complain about the wording of the tooltip, sure. Complain about how all buffs are overpowered, sure. Complain about how healing is useless, sure I don't care. But if you just pick a random class and start bashing one of their powers/features with no context just for some random "no class feature should be better than 4k power" argument, then please do it for ALL class features... and in the feedback threads, not in bug reports.
    The need for damage resistance and deflection chance

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1237857/sherped-devotion-insignia-lets-be-honest-is-unbalanced-in-combination-with-artificiers-persuation

3 classes spaming daily are enough to make a low deflection chance to skyrocket to 60% as you can see in thsi thread.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    There are indeed devs that try to balance classes actually.
    My point was a simple one.
    AoC as shown disbalances classes, some classes deal huge ammounts by this buff, others not.
    There are indeed other buffs and classes like TI from DO to discuss, but that's not the issue of this thread.
    It is from no use to even try to balance arround a inconsistent overperforming aura that is mayor source of damage in many cases as proven. If some forummember want to discuss other broken or overperforming stuff ingame they simply should do so , open a threat and leave for good and discuss urgent things.
    In a bigger sense this is all about overbuffs, stupid buffruns all day long and the current meta that will guide us all though mod 13 and so on.
    AoC is part of it by sure.
    ...nicotris how dare you..lol
    Did I say they are not aware of stuff like that? think so
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    > @designedbyrng#4319 said:
    > If some forummember want to discuss other broken or overperforming stuff ingame they simply should do so , open a threat and leave for good and discuss urgent things.
    >
    > In a bigger sense this is all about overbuffs, stupid buffruns all day long all and current meta.
    >
    > AoC is part of it by sure.
    >
    >
    > In other words, the thread can be deleted, since the discussion isn't about a bug? :trollface:

It's no bug in my eyes, but it's from no interest where this discussion is lead. Maybe someone puts this threat in the PLayer Feedback section, I don´t mind since I do not have pedantic traits :)

I am pretty irritated, watching so many player I considered to be knoweledgeable, trivializing an obvious fact?
    Not sure what to think about it.
    I would appreciate it , to watch some of them pointing at broken and disbalancing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ingame instead of wasting their powers to counter obviously overperforming stuff/buffs ingame only to be right in one irrelevant point from minor interest, if looking at the hole context... irritating at least.

Offence for defense, same as defense for offence = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design in my eyes, disbalancing a hole game, classes same as content.
    thx to @mamalion1234 for pointing at related issues.
    The paladin class is based on this misleading concept to some degree
    AoC, wich is not that bad compared to others, if it was not the mayor source of damage in some cases- inconsistent, disbalancing, overperforming
    Aura gifts+Oath of protection, the more HP the more power to share, discussable but somehow a oneway to build arround that class
    Templars Wrath= the more damage (=power/crit), the more defense (=temp HP)
    I only point at some stuff to dsicuss not wanting to destroy anything, but current meta and classes are indeed an issue to talk about.
    What I do think is: Without adressing buffs in this game, it is from no use to even start to think about classbalance.

Another point, wich is obvious in this discussion. Some base their arguments on a perfet BIS setup. I base them on what this game is near all of the time to me: A run with a mix of player, far away from an optimal BIS setup.
    I can´t argue from that one run out of 20000, when teaming with OP+two DC´s and a 17k BIS GWF (Drunk´n Norwegian) and my 14k dps-GF with a set of twisted weapon, ending at 1/8 or 1/10 of what that GWF dealt, him chaining 30 mio hits in a row on those FBI bosses. Asking myself afterwards, why I did not use Commander Strike...
    Post edited by schietindebux on
This discussion has been closed.