test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MoF debuffer build loadouts in to9g

metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
I play MoF CW, I like it, and don't care that much whether it's meta or not. I run in mostly premade group anyways. Here's my perspective on loadouts and setups in to9G. Hopefully, for someone who likes it as well, this might help or inspire or anything. (or maybe give you an idea you don't want to play this before investing and finding out yourself)

So, after 70+ runs in to9g, I finally stabilized my build/loadouts on my "pure" buff debuff build. Hopefully this will give you perspective on debuff build if you are new to it. (not saying it's the best though. it's what works best in my stable group)

Essentially I run 2 loadouts/4 set ups in To9g (in tomb it's easy to switch, and we don't do speedruns).

On AoE fights, I stick to Ren capstone+Thaum (elemental Reinforcement). I slot Combustive Action for debuff and AP, and CP for dmg (which I don a lot, even with Fey enchant - as I already switched for lightning in preparation :D, but lightning is now much better for that). I use CoI on mastery, Steal time, Icy terrain, and Rey off mastery for further debuff and arcane stacks (17.5)

On Orcus Fight, I switch to Ren+ Opp for 2.5s duration on CA and bitter cold. CA+Swath for max debuff to support Bloody death buff our main DPS has. I use Rey on Mastery for full 35% debuff (stacking it with enough recharge speed), Icy Terrain for 11 procs to help with my Darkfire debuff, Disintegrate, Chill strike.
I also take focused wizardry for that. (On this fight, I do 117% debuff with very solid uptime - 84% core + 5 drow + 20 shield + 8 for vanguard banner (30s active, 60s cooldown) with the exception of banner which has 50% uptime, all debuff has 100% or near 100% uptime)

For 2nd boss, I take the same setup, But I switch to chilling presence instead of Swath. Her, our main DPS is SW, and our pally tank is still under construction, so swath doesn't really help too much. buffing myself with 48% works much better for us.

On Ras, the last boss. I use Swath of destruction again as in first boss fight, But instead of Chill Strike I use steal time to help to destroy souls. Also, I don't use chilling because my 20% debuff from swath is much more valuable than on boss like the 2nd. The reason is the debuff does't get nearly as diminished because other classes struggle to apply debuff so quickly (I mean on the souls),(but, for example, forget 30% from bane). In my experience, swath works much better for us there.

AoE feats: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13j3ih0:1000000:1z05000:1z00wn1&h=0&p=mof&o=0

Single target feats: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13n0i83:150u000:1000000:1z00zz1&h=0&p=mof&o=0

(I run this with 19k recovery, Dancing shield companion summoned (+3 archons and siege master), Vanguard banner as active artifact, drow race, 16 INT/16 WIS/12 CHA base ability points (+2 WIS from Drow race, also Drow for extra 5-10% debuff, sometimes even 15%, though that's not incredibly common).
Also, I can see how you would run Elemental Reinforcement both in AoE and bosses, though I would not be able to keep up CA debuff without the duration extension (also bitter cold is additional debuff). and in my world, uptime is everything. You wouldn't believe how many people, especially DCs on ps4, have right skills, but terrible uptimes.
Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen

Comments

• Options
    neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Thanks for this. I've been playing around with MoF, and am still learning it, so its good to see how other people are making it work.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    My buff loadout rarely changes.

On Tab: RoE
    Icy Terrain
    Fanning the Flame
    Steal Time / Icy Ray

Personals: Combustive Action & Swath of Destruction

Dailies: Oppressor Force & Ice Knife

When I do get into as a buffer I run my MoF DPS build as a Hybrid using the personals of CC and SoD. When we get to Orcus I go full on buffer and stay that way with only swapping to Icy Ray for the first two bosses and swap over to Steal Time on the last boss for AoE damage for the Souls.

The trans flaming explosion hitting multi targets it helps take out adds rather quickly.

If I am allowed to DPS I do my SS build until the last boss than I run my MoF DPS Hybrid build.

• Options
    ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I play MoF CW, I like it, and don't care that much whether it's meta or not. I run in mostly premade group anyways. Here's my perspective on loadouts and setups in to9G. Hopefully, for someone who likes it as well, this might help or inspire or anything. (or maybe give you an idea you don't want to play this before investing and finding out yourself)

So, after 70+ runs in to9g, I finally stabilized my build/loadouts on my "pure" buff debuff build. Hopefully this will give you perspective on debuff build if you are new to it. (not saying it's the best though. it's what works best in my stable group)

Essentially I run 2 loadouts/4 set ups in To9g (in tomb it's easy to switch, and we don't do speedruns).

On AoE fights, I stick to Ren capstone+Thaum (elemental Reinforcement). I slot Combustive Action for debuff and AP, and CP for dmg (which I don a lot, even with Fey enchant - as I already switched for lightning in preparation :D, but lightning is now much better for that). I use CoI on mastery, Steal time, Icy terrain, and Rey off mastery for further debuff and arcane stacks (17.5)

On Orcus Fight, I switch to Ren+ Opp for 2.5s duration on CA and bitter cold. CA+Swath for max debuff to support Bloody death buff our main DPS has. I use Rey on Mastery for full 35% debuff (stacking it with enough recharge speed), Icy Terrain for 11 procs to help with my Darkfire debuff, Disintegrate, Chill strike.
    I also take focused wizardry for that. (On this fight, I do 117% debuff with very solid uptime - 84% core + 5 drow + 20 shield + 8 for vanguard banner (30s active, 60s cooldown) with the exception of banner which has 50% uptime, all debuff has 100% or near 100% uptime)

For 2nd boss, I take the same setup, But I switch to chilling presence instead of Swath. Her, our main DPS is SW, and our pally tank is still under construction, so swath doesn't really help too much. buffing myself with 48% works much better for us.

On Ras, the last boss. I use Swath of destruction again as in first boss fight, But instead of Chill Strike I use steal time to help to destroy souls. Also, I don't use chilling because my 20% debuff from swath is much more valuable than on boss like the 2nd. The reason is the debuff does't get nearly as diminished because other classes struggle to apply debuff so quickly (I mean on the souls),(but, for example, forget 30% from bane). In my experience, swath works much better for us there.

AoE feats: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13j3ih0:1000000:1z05000:1z00wn1&h=0&p=mof&o=0

Single target feats: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13n0i83:150u000:1000000:1z00zz1&h=0&p=mof&o=0

(I run this with 19k recovery, Dancing shield companion summoned (+3 archons and siege master), Vanguard banner as active artifact, drow race, 16 INT/16 WIS/12 CHA base ability points (+2 WIS from Drow race, also Drow for extra 5-10% debuff, sometimes even 15%, though that's not incredibly common).
    Also, I can see how you would run Elemental Reinforcement both in AoE and bosses, though I would not be able to keep up CA debuff without the duration extension (also bitter cold is additional debuff). and in my world, uptime is everything. You wouldn't believe how many people, especially DCs on ps4, have right skills, but terrible uptimes.

Whats your crit chance like on these builds and what enchants do you run in offense?
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Ok, just one recommendation - dancing shield, while easy to equip and a really nice debuff, sometimes steals aggro from the tank, and that's no bueno.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Ok, just one recommendation - dancing shield, while easy to equip and a really nice debuff, sometimes steals aggro from the tank, and that's no bueno.

Chult Tiger is now the way to go with the new mod coming to console today. If you don't want to spend Zen on a companion I recommend the Sell Sword or Con Artist.