test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 Oathbound Paladin TONG

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
Hey,

We did a guild attempt at 5 OPs TONG, this is how it looked like. We didn't complete last boss due to lacks of proper buffing (DCs) and not enough DPS in the end. The vid is a complete run, including our mistakes and wipes. The run made us all realize how much important a good Annointed Champion is in a party, especially on the second boss where the stuns were most annoying and we didn't had annointed army. If you would like to watch it, the link is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdE6mLsXkg

If you attempted it too, post your vid below, I would also be interested to see how others are aproaching it, especially before mod 13 arrives.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Hi @etelgrin nice attempt. Did you guys run the full spectrum of auras?

I'd imagine that Courage, Wisdom, Protection, Truth, Vengeance, Wrath & No Pity would be a good mix.

Did you have a mix of Prot/Burnadin and if so, did one of the Burnadins use Bane on your Primary DPS to boost their output?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Ah cool :smiley: Yeah it's a shame we don't have any 'cleanse' type powers/feats. I suspect the only way a 5 man pally team would get through the last boss is if everyone had t-rex mounts to eat the souls. They need high burst damage and we only have Divine Judgement for that. 5 OPs can probably take out 2 or 3 at a time if coordinated but the others would need something like the trex to deal with the rest.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Nice attempt @etelgrin. Hat's off to you and your team. :)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

The run made us all realize how much important a good Annointed Champion is in a party, especially on the second boss where the stuns were most annoying and we didn't had annointed army.

I'd argue about that. Did no DC run yesterday in 40 min with OP (me), GWF primary dps, GWF carry, MoF buff/debuff and Templock. Two attempts on final boss because our CW fell first time, and also second time so we finished with just 4 of us from 70% HP. Just AA is not necessary, but what's important is to have enough buffs and debuffs and these can be provided from other classes too. And in case of OP only run - the stuns affect OP very much because most of OP skills have longer casting time and can be easily interrupted.

Kudos for trying this. Nice you've included party chat in video, I'll definitely check out the whole vid later when I find some time ;)
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    as op protection, doesnt raising your shield give you stun immune while stamina drains?
  • Options
    junius#6073 junius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Did anyone try cleansing touch for stuns? It removes CCs so wondering if we could cleanse the stun
  • Options
    I wonder how using a mix of artifacts would help? Heart of the black dragon, charm of the serpent & lantern to increase damage taken plus the primary dps pally using a soul sight crystal and someone popping a wheel for them to take the fire element.

Also a devo placing bane on the primary dps whilst someone else maintains it on Ras Nsi. The main dps should get some very nice hits. It may be worth considering that 1 player using CoP, Vow, SW and relying on huge smashes from Divine Judgement.

By the way, does anyone know if a pally standing in someone else's CoP has the same damage boost or do you need your own?