test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No official trickster feedback thread?

Trickster Rogue
Duelist's Flurry can now trigger weapon enhancements with each hit against the target.
Gloaming Cut: This power's tooltip has been updated to clarify its functionality. Functionality has not changed.
Impact Shot now deals approximately 20% more damage.
Impact Shot now calculates based on the correct amount of charges left; it had previously thought the player had fewer charges than they actually did.
Oppressive Darkness: An issue has been fixed where the rank-up values were providing much more damage than intended. To compensate for this change, the base damage has been increased, and this power now scales with player stats.
Path of the Blade can now proc the Lostmauth's Vengeance effect.
Path of the Blade now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit only.
Path of the Blade now deals an extra tick of damage.
Path of the Blade now hits up to 5 targets, increased from 3.
Razor Action now has a 30' radius at rank 1, and no longer increases by 5' per rank.
Razor Action no longer deals Piercing damage.
Razor Action now scales with buffs / Power.
Razor Action: The artifact off-hand bonus for this power has been redesigned. It now increases Damage and Run Speed by 2% for each target hit by Razor Action.
Shadow of Demise: This effect now only takes into account the damage dealt by the Trickster Rogue who applied it, even when several are applied at once.
Shadowborn: This feat has been changed to the following effect: Whenever you enter stealth, your next encounter or daily power deals an additional 5/10/15/20/25% damage as physical damage.
Shadowy Opportunity now deals 10/20/30/40/50% weapon damage, down from 20/40/60/80/100%, but now scales with player stats.
Sly Flourish now increases enemy damage taken by 10%, rather than reducing enemy armor.
Smoke Bomb now procs weapon enchantments on the first hit.
Smoke Bomb now deals an extra tick of damage. Damage for each tick has been reduced to compensate for the extra tick.
Tenacious Concealment: This power now grants 20% Stealth Loss reduction and 5% Stealth Regeneration at each rank.
Tenacious Concealment: This power no longer grants Stealth Regeneration while taking damage.
Tenacious Concealment: Rank 4 of this power should now properly function.
Tenacious Concealment: The Artifact Off-hand bonus has been increased to 20% Stealth Loss reduction.

So here are the changes

Here are my thoughts on some of the issues.

1) some changes are really good, but for the most part I don't think that you are doing anything with the tricksters move set to make them more competitive in PVE situations.

2) An extra tick of damage on smoke bomb? ok good fine, but then lowering the damage per tick? why? you aren't making the weapon enchantments work with more than the first tick, what's the concern here? smoke bomb isn't even OP as it is. Are you goinig to allow shadowy opportunity/oppressive to proc on this? if not then the whole concept is a fail.

3) i like most the changes to tenacious concealment, but you should allow a trickster to stay in stealth longer upon using moves or attacks. popping off 2 encounters i think would make a world of difference.

4) nothing mentioned of the scoundrel which is absolutely useless against bosses.

Skullcracker itself shouldn't be procced to foes who are affected by this daze, especially since you are nerfing the ability of the daze with the control counters/timers. skullcracker should be 'you deal 25% more damage for 10 seconds after applying this daze' not just to targets. This would solve a lot of the issues revolving around not benefiting from this power on bosses. same with low blows... this should read "you deal 25% more damage after applying a control effect. for 10 seconds, this power has a 10 second cool down. this would provide a much needed whopping 45-50% more damage (skullcracker has a 15 second cooldown) against bosses for a build that is absolutely horrible against anything that cant be controlled.

Shadowborn change is huge, very important but it ONLY helps the most common PVE trickster class everyone runs available which is executioner. you neeeed to rehabilitate the skullcracker. PERIOD. if you notice NONE of these changes affect PVP as those bonuses are already applied to people pretty consistently. meanwhile you are buffing the sabatuer rogue in pvp significantly.. All im asking is for fair treatment across the board.

And yes IT IS a bug that you guys are ignoring an entire feat tree of the trickster rogue!!!

Comments

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    to be perfectly honest with you TRs as they are right now don't need the kind of buffs you are talking about just because people don't invite most of them to runs or anything dosn't mean the class is bad there is many trs out there doing high numbers and as proof the first run of cradle that was a sucess in preveiw was topped by a TR followed by a GWF (not much margin of difference just 100Mil if memory serves right) so buffing them even more will make TR the absolute go for and nobody wants that the rework you got wasn't all that broken but it was necessarry step in right direction and good changes just give the devs and players time to test and let's see what happens so far with the changes all TRs will do more damage at any level but the end gamers wil do even more damage so just again to say give things some time and TRs don't need broken buffs as for trees you as a class at least has choice to change trees class likeGWF has no choice but one tree to go for and feats so it has 2 trees that need a TOTAL and i say TOTAL rework so stop complaining XD
  • magnusg15magnusg15 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    ok, not trying to be rude here, but you need some punctuation.

Separate your thoughts out and make an individual point to respond to.

1) it seems like you are insinuating that Im asking the whole class be buffed. I'm not, the END CAPS only attainable if you used the FULL TREE of scoundrel operate poorly in PVE. and I'm not asking for BUFFS those damage bonuses are ALREADY IN THE GAME. they just do not function against most PVE content.

2) I guarantee the top TR in that run was executioner, FURTHER PROVING MY POINT. WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE.
    And yes the TR only has 1 VIABLE PVE build, that's my point.

3) really... really really consider punctuation.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I agree about the punctuation thing.

Firstly, @magnusg15, with the possible exception of smoke bomb, non of the changes (so far) forTRs in mod 13 do much of anything at all for PVE.

Shadowborn, because it is an extra hit, and not a damage buff, will amount to, maybe, a 1-2% damage buff over other feats TRs would take for bosses WITHOUT adds, only. It is neither “huge” nor “important”.

Impact shot? Tenacious concealment? My guess is that these are only good for PvP, because they are useless in pve play. Even with the changes.

Shadowy opportunity changes are also useless in pve as to put points into it, a sabo has to drop back alley tactics or ambushers haste, both of which are twice as good.

And, Sabos are a totally viable path in pve content, especially for mobs, where they out perform Executioners. I run both.

Our problem is that TRs aren’t the best at anything. We don’t provide good buffs, we aren’t the best at single target, we aren’t the best at crowd control, and, the class is unforgiving when it comes to rotations, and takes longer to recover and takes a bigger hit to dps, if something interrupts it. All this has led people forming parties to ask for other classes that do these things better, and more easily.

@heraldfayez#8520 , GWFs have seen way more attention than TRs since mod 5, where we have had nothing but nerfs or changes like 13 that won’t make any difference. Also, GWFs are in a much more healthy place than TRs right now. You saw Tardli in a video, where everyone is struggling to learn the mechanics of a new dungeon do the best dps? Whoopty do. When is the last time you saw Duck lose to anyone? GWFs are the best DPSers in the game, so your crying for work for them is not likely to get an awful lot of sympathy from anyone.
    “We may be the best DPS in the game, but our other two Feat trees are bad...”- :/
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    not to mention the other two feat trees have very clear purposes like pvp etc.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    But, @magnusg15 does have a point about the scoundrel tree. When the top feat won’t proc on a boss, there is a problem.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    magnusg15 said:

ok, not trying to be rude here, but you need some punctuation.

Separate your thoughts out and make an individual point to respond to.

1) it seems like you are insinuating that Im asking the whole class be buffed. I'm not, the END CAPS only attainable if you used the FULL TREE of scoundrel operate poorly in PVE. and I'm not asking for BUFFS those damage bonuses are ALREADY IN THE GAME. they just do not function against most PVE content.

2) I guarantee the top TR in that run was executioner, FURTHER PROVING MY POINT. WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE.
    And yes the TR only has 1 VIABLE PVE build, that's my point.

3) really... really really consider punctuation.

i think you are right in the punctuation thing and here is what i wanted to say

1)Tr dosn't need the kind of buff you are talking about and it musn't happen

2)you said GWF were most liked but you have not mentioned the amount of nerf they received over the years (Student of the sword / temporary HP / deepgash) and the list continues evne to the unstoppable bug wich sometiems causes to wipe at bosses

3) the current changed seems promising and good step in the right direction so let's give them chance and let them test and as julio mentioned tehy won't be changing one class at a time anymore but rather they will see what each class need and work accordingly and look at DC as one exemple it was reworked few times in a short amount of time so maybe TRs will get that treatment if they see current changes are lacking

4)don't judge changes that haven't been tested /ran by people so we see it's impact on the game

that's all i hope it's clear now if anything i'm here :)

• jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @heraldfayez#8520 said:
    > ok, not trying to be rude here, but you need some punctuation.
    >
    > Separate your thoughts out and make an individual point to respond to.
    >
    >
    > 1) it seems like you are insinuating that Im asking the whole class be buffed. I'm not, the END CAPS only attainable if you used the FULL TREE of scoundrel operate poorly in PVE. and I'm not asking for BUFFS those damage bonuses are ALREADY IN THE GAME. they just do not function against most PVE content.
    >
    > 2) I guarantee the top TR in that run was executioner, FURTHER PROVING MY POINT. WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE.
    > And yes the TR only has 1 VIABLE PVE build, that's my point.
    >
    > 3) really... really really consider punctuation.
    >
    > i think you are right in the punctuation thing and here is what i wanted to say
    >
    > 1)Tr dosn't need the kind of buff you are talking about and it musn't happen
    >
    > 2)you said GWF were most liked but you have not mentioned the amount of nerf they received over the years (Student of the sword / temporary HP / deepgash) and the list continues evne to the unstoppable bug wich sometiems causes to wipe at bosses
    >
    > 3) the current changed seems promising and good step in the right direction so let's give them chance and let them test and as julio mentioned tehy won't be changing one class at a time anymore but rather they will see what each class need and work accordingly and look at DC as one exemple it was reworked few times in a short amount of time so maybe TRs will get that treatment if they see current changes are lacking
    >
    > 4)don't judge changes that haven't been tested /ran by people so we see it's impact on the game
    >
    > that's all i hope it's clear now if anything i'm here :)

They acknowledged trs were lacking over a year ago. Still waiting. These changes in m13 are simply bug fixes. The same treatment as every other class got during bug fix month. These changes will not help the current state of trs.

Even the bag visual problem is getting more attention then trs with several responses from devs.
  • frankymcfrankymc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Devs just don't give a damn about TRs.

magnusg15 said:

1)Tr dosn't need the kind of buff you are talking about and it musn't happen

I'm glad you added some clear punctuation... but,
    I don't think you understand the class well enough to make this point.

TR's overall would not get a buff from this. it would simply be an attempt to Rehabilitate a feat tree a single feat tree that pretty much nobody uses. I happen to be a fan of some of the skills and want it to be a viable option. You see me say buff this and respond NO TR's dont NEED a buff I want to stay top DPS.

what im telling you is they could add 100% damage to this feat tree it wouldnt make it better than the other feat trees you see TR's currently using and this feat tree with these 2 changes could NOT be used by the other TR's.

Difference of destroyer vs sentinel

And yes in general TR's need a LOT of work.