test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR's deflect severity

rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User
Why only 1 class have deflect severity 75% and with invoke potion its 85% + ITC, makes TR's more tanky than op and gf. All others classes have 50% deflect severity, and even in tanks feats not exist possibility to increase % of DS.
In real combat 1vs1 TR with high deflect absorbs more damage than any other class, plus if perma stealth its impossible to even harm they with anything.
Its should be changed long time ago and proves is leaderboard where mostly TR's have like 5000 kills and only 100 deaths.

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    you are forgetting deflection severity only happens/kicks in as a TR providing you um get this ..deflect which does not happen when you get stunned ... and when/ if you get stunned and die it is only because you have holes in your rotation cause you have not achieved a godly end game 30,000k recovery others will say

so yes if no holes in rotations a Tr is ungoldly tanky via untargtableness .itc etc ..at max item level

if holes in rotaions or using other builds/ low item level a tr will get hit a lot and relies on deflection and deflection severity cause he cannot manage his stealth meter perfectly and be an invulnerable itc stealthed superman

or if players are targeting him via stealth reveal rings

nor does deflections happen to use the bonus deflection severity the potions offer with peicring damage the tr will receive from other trs or rangers
    or help to mitagate some auras pallys/dc are emitting
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

you are forgetting deflection severity only happens/kicks in as a TR providing you um get this ..deflect which does not happen when you get stunned ... and when/ if you get stunned and die it is only because you have holes in your rotation cause you have not achieved a godly end game 30,000k recovery others will say

so yes if no holes in rotations a Tr is ungoldly tanky via untargtableness .itc etc ..at max item level

if holes in rotaions or using other builds/ low item level a tr will get hit a lot and relies on deflection and deflection severity cause he cannot manage his stealth meter perfectly and be an invulnerable itc stealthed superman

nor does deflections happen to use the bonus deflection severity the potions offer with peicring damage the tr will receive from other trs or rangers

Its works very well and you know it, 85% defelct combo with itc plus negation, its impossible to harm it. And why such priority have only TR? If its not so good, its should be toned down like any other classes. Im against class discrimination.
  • rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Gf burst damage can kill a tr with 1 rotation.
    Dps Dc can melt any tr in sec.
    Gwf can 1 shot IF tr is stunned.
    HR can 2 or 3 shot if tr is stunned.
    Cw can kill a tr with iceknife or whatever that daily is called if tr is stunned.

Why don't you make a tr... and see how tanky you are versus other classes :)
    Come back when you have 999 deaths :)

Only not SW? I have all classes, my main is DC and If DC can kill TR than here l2p issue.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I agree, both GF and TR classes need a good balancing in PvP, both are kind of the fotm easy option at the moment.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    jonkoca said:

I agree, both GF and TR classes need a good balancing in PvP, both are kind of the fotm easy option at the moment.

Good balance its means good nerf after nerf after nerf. When they "balance" something they "balance" it in pvp/pve give nothing back to compensate only crappy free retrain token what is outdated in mod4, and after u see max classes exodus
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    You do realise you are talking to an ex-pvp HR here, right..?

No idea what my toon is now.
  • classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    it was general speaking..
    but I would like to see hr more in pvp so its needs buff at least in survivability, I know how hard to play with hr with this stances change bleh...
    atm against same geared tr its no chance
    edited January 2018

kalina311 said:

Its works very well and you know it, 85% defelct combo with itc plus negation, its impossible to harm it. And why such priority have only TR? If its not so good, its should be toned down like any other classes. Im against class discrimination.
    I never said it did not work well nor did you comment or expand on any of my discussion or points just clicked disagree

deflect does not work when you are stunned/proned and does not work for piercing damage.

where it may work too well on them is they get a lot of % deflect on thier deflect stats curves for little investment
    and it pops to 99.9999 % when poping itc those are points about Tr deflect/severity that are neutral valid unbiased feedback for tweaking

what about the tr paragons /branches that dont have ITC to rely on ?? is it too good for them ?

FYI I only play a cw
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

Gf burst damage can kill a tr with 1 rotation.
    Dps Dc can melt any tr in sec.
    Gwf can 1 shot IF tr is stunned.
    HR can 2 or 3 shot if tr is stunned.
    Cw can kill a tr with iceknife or whatever that daily is called if tr is stunned.

Why don't you make a tr... and see how tanky you are versus other classes :)
    Come back when you have 999 deaths :)

Any class can kill an afk GF not many are though...

Does 3000+kills 11 death tell you something about todays Trs.

Anybody can kill a stunned Tr eum of all the argument so far this is certainly one of the most entertaining :D:D
  • mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Don't tell me this is yet another TR nerf thread?
    So far i've seen requests for SOD nerf, SE nerf, smoke bomb nerf and now a complaint about deflect and ITC. A GF can have 100% shield uptime if they really want. A gwf can be all but invulnerable just using the right bumper. How is it any different?

Once again (to the devs) this can all be fixed if you just rework all class abilities to function differently in PVP and PVE
    > @macjae said:
    > TRs has had higher deflection severity since the start of the game. However, prior to module 6, it was much harder to stack a high deflection chance, and impossible to get close to 100%. The best you'd get would be somewhere around 50%.
    >
    > On its own, a high deflection severity isn't necessarily an issue, but it's just another layer in the many layers of excessively strong defensive mechanics TRs have available to them. First you have to find them through stealth, maybe catch up to them despite their often high foot speed, then hit them when they aren't dodging (and they can dodge a lot), and if you get past all that, they can still deflect your hit to nearly nothing.
    >
    > Even bad TRs can have very good kill/death ratios simply because of the defensive mechanics, to say nothing of the offensive cheese.
    >
    > As for the Elixir that gives +10% deflection severity, it is much more effective on TRs than any other class because the relative change is much bigger (going from taking 25% damage on a deflection to 15% is a much bigger jump than going from 50% to 40%). For TRs, for the Elixir to be equal to the effect for other classes, it should provide only a 5% increase to their deflection severity.
    >
    > Fundamentally, the way that stealth works is probably the root of the problem here. It is simply far too potent an ability compared to other abilities in PvP. Giving other players better tools to fight back against stealthy opponents to begin with would be a good start. Possibly slowing down players that are in stealth (including other sources, like Ambush Rings).
    >
    > Obviously, you need to take a holistic approach, but generally speaking, the TR needs to be brought down by a fair bit in some regards, but may need other boosts to compensate for that to have them land in a good spot.

The game gives you rings that reveal all stealthed opponents. From the perspective of a rogue player i can tell you that stealth is perhaps the worst right bumper ability in the game. In PVE enemies are designed to see through it and its easily countered in pvp with rings. GWF and GF can easily negate our run speed as well, even a half decent trapper HR can easily nullify TR advantages. The problem is that PVP complaints have nerfed rogues to oblivion in PVE and all because the devs wont listen and seperate the 2 modes entirely.
    maybe someone should lend some "poor" trs all rank 14 enchantments lol *Shrugs*
    Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Haha, people complaining about TR while gf's are trolling most classes with their 1 hit kill rotation and oh.. don't make me say anything about pallies these days lol.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol

Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.
    You are clearly as clueless as it is possible to be...
    > @marnival said:
    > Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol
    >
    > Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.
    > You are clearly as clueless as it is possible to be...

You say while not addressing a single point i made. Who's the clueless one? If you add nothing to the conversation then don't join in. K?

> @marnival said:

> Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol

>

> Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.

> You are clearly as clueless as it is possible to be...

You say while not addressing a single point i made. Who's the clueless one? If you add nothing to the conversation then don't join in. K?

So pressing L is to much for you ? Do your homework its long overdue mkay. If you cant figure out whey Tr die 1/10 of all other classes in pvp and kill 3 times as much you have NOT done your homework simple as that....
    > @marnival said:
    > > @marnival said:
    >
    > > Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.
    >
    > > You are clearly as clueless as it is possible to be...
    >
    >
    >
    > You say while not addressing a single point i made. Who's the clueless one? If you add nothing to the conversation then don't join in. K?
    >
    > So pressing L is to much for you ? Do your homework its long overdue mkay. If you cant figure out whey Tr die 1/10 of all other classes in pvp and kill 3 times as much you have NOT done your homework simple as that....

Lol and still not adressed anything i said. Time wasters arent worth bothering with. Have fun with your nonsense.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Don't tell me this is yet another TR nerf thread?

So far i've seen requests for SOD nerf, SE nerf, smoke bomb nerf and now a complaint about deflect and ITC. A GF can have 100% shield uptime if they really want. A gwf can be all but invulnerable just using the right bumper. How is it any different?

Once again (to the devs) this can all be fixed if you just rework all class abilities to function differently in PVP and PVE

You can't have shield up 100% and do massive damage. You lose damage to gain survivability. It's called trade offs. Something the TR doesn't have to do, nor worry about in PvP. Once you hit 30k recovery you are set. 2 Second ITC cool downs, etc.

Most TR's have around (more or a little less) 10-1 KD ratio average on a "DPS" class. According to the leaderboards.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    edited January 2018

> @marnival said:

> > @marnival said:

>

> > Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol

>

> >

>

> > Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.

>

>

>

>

> You say while not addressing a single point i made. Who's the clueless one? If you add nothing to the conversation then don't join in. K?

>

> So pressing L is to much for you ? Do your homework its long overdue mkay. If you cant figure out whey Tr die 1/10 of all other classes in pvp and kill 3 times as much you have NOT done your homework simple as that....

Lol and still not adressed anything i said. Time wasters arent worth bothering with. Have fun with your nonsense.

@mikal#9243

whether he listened to you or not / waitsted thread time or not moot point... my turn then

How are these leader board top tr achieving the kills deaths ratios he is describing despite the Tr powers you yourself listed as being nerfed/ ruined? ..just how are they doing it then ? riddle me that .
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    There are several TRs with 100 to 1 KD ratio. I've never seen something like that in any other game I've played and I've played a lot. I don't know how you can claim that that's balanced.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2018

> @marnival said:

> > @marnival said:

>

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

Not sure if you are trolling or not. have you ever met TR with 100% deflect chance and 85% deflect severity, because i do :) Anyway this is not Necessary for TRs to be tanky as hell. For example TR/s with 4/5k deflect chance have aroud 50% deflect chcance maybe even more, i must stack 14k + ring for 10% deflect to be close to this score. Most broken class ever.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Haha, people complaining about TR while gf's are trolling most classes with their 1 hit kill rotation and oh.. don't make me say anything about pallies these days lol.

OMG STOP SPAMMING CHAT IN GAME!!!!

I keep coming across you spamming the same thing game after game... CAP CAP CAP CAP CAP CAP CAP CAP CAP. Seriously get a grip, people know how to play this game you dont need to spam constantly every annoying game. When people are playing and blatently trying to cap nodes the last thing they need is you filling up chat boxes!
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    macjae said:

The game gives you rings that reveal all stealthed opponents. From the perspective of a rogue player i can tell you that stealth is perhaps the worst right bumper ability in the game. In PVE enemies are designed to see through it and its easily countered in pvp with rings. GWF and GF can easily negate our run speed as well, even a half decent trapper HR can easily nullify TR advantages. The problem is that PVP complaints have nerfed rogues to oblivion in PVE and all because the devs wont listen and seperate the 2 modes entirely.

This is the PVP forum. We're talking about PVP changes. It seems you didn't actually read what I posted about making changes to PVP; I'm not talking about PVE, so that's irrelevant. Your arguments make it sound as if you very much do not play PVP at all, or possibly that you do not understand how to. To help you along a little, here's a screenshot of the first page of the leaderboard, along with how that breaks down.

As you can see, the average page 1 TR has a much better kill/death ratio than that of any other class that's up there -- scoring an average of 18.53 kills per death. The two highest K/D ratios by far belong to TRs. GFs (the supposed tankiest class here) die on average four times as often per match as TRs while scoring a similar average number of kills per match. GWFs are also not doing badly and are probably also too tanky for how much damage they do as well, but they're not nearly as bad as TRs when compared to the other classes.
    Thanks for this.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    all this talk of GFs being the issue is absurd. Im a "squishy" CW yet it is not possible to one rotate me. Ive gone 1v1 vs some of the "so-called" best GFs on PS4. Their rotation doesnt drop me below 80% and then without even using a potion/lion/artifact i heal back up. I have killed GFs with ease this mod. it sounds like theres a build and/or gear issue to be complaining about GFs.
    The shield also doesnt matter as a fully charged storm pillar hits them from behind briefly interrupting shielding. GFs are strong but hardly an issue and not broken.

The issue at hand is the deflection. Give all characters equal deflect stats if thats what they desire, or reduce to TR to what everyone else has. At the end of the day everything can be solved if the devs either make it so skills work differently in pvp vs pve (class rework) or remove pvp altogether if they refuse to allow for balance/always allow 1-2 classes to be broken.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @kalina311 said:
    > > @marnival said:
    >
    > > > @marnival said:
    >
    > >
    >
    > > > Lol if anyone can resonably explain why rogues are more "unkillable" than a perma shield GF maybe this thread would have some merit. If rogues are tanky then im arnold schwarneggar. Hint, i'm not arnold schwarneggar. Anyone who has actually played as a rogue will tell you ITC got nerfed to hell. Itc + stealth was ruined a long time ago plus can no longer activate while dodging. Why don't you guys start by telling me what rogues are actually allowed to have? Lol. Can we have any at wills? I'm guessing the majority of you have a problem with duelist flurry as well lol
    >
    > >
    >
    > > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > > Press L take up leaderboard Press KILLS study the Tr kill ratio end of discussion mkay.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > > You are clearly as clueless as it is possible to be...
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > You say while not addressing a single point i made. Who's the clueless one? If you add nothing to the conversation then don't join in. K?
    >
    > >
    >
    > > So pressing L is to much for you ? Do your homework its long overdue mkay. If you cant figure out whey Tr die 1/10 of all other classes in pvp and kill 3 times as much you have NOT done your homework simple as that....
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol and still not adressed anything i said. Time wasters arent worth bothering with. Have fun with your nonsense.
    >
    > @mikal#9243
    >
    > whether he listened to you or not / waitsted thread time or not moot point... my turn then
    >
    > How are these leader board top tr achieving the kills deaths ratios he is describing despite the Tr powers you yourself listed as being nerfed/ ruined? ..just how are they doing it then ? riddle me that .

Many try kills come from kill stealing from other players. Shadow of demise might finish someone off, or a saboteur might throw the last dagger that finishes a fleeing opponent.
    I hear many people telling how vulnerable trs are when stunned. Guess what, it's true.

All you need to kill a tr even as a mediocre player = sandys assault pants, ring of curse bringer.

Trans thunderhead, can help also (stuns when they critical you)

Add in a ring of vanishing presence or ring of ambush and tr''s will hate you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.