test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About GF v2

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Clap clap, that video simply shows how stupidly broken this capstone is in PVP. Skilless player pumping up their k/d ratio, nothing else.
    Since, if those palyer would be skilled in any way, they never sticked with such a broken power.
    This is worse as it was in the "Shocking aera", sicne it´s hard to time that incoming proc and even doing so some classes obviuosly have no "work arround" they can count on.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    modlesie said:

toporok said:

The Xbox players that are posting in this thread that play TR OP and GF have some of the most lopsided K/d rates. Do you ever think hey maybe its not that good for the game that I can tank three players and systematically kill them one by one or I can keep the team occupied by staying in stealth and waiting for SOD. Do you ever stop and think maybe going 20-0 isn't the best thing for this game and maybe my class is a little out of balance, or maybe you guys are just that good

no, they are thinking they are a skiled player like this dude---> ShockWave who are just using daily and waiting for 150k SoD and saying that every class is broken expect of his.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7K7lUUJi0&t=348s
    Sarcastic mode: ON

Noo, what i see here is a perfectly , legal, WAI feat proc , absolutly not overpowered, very well balanced, don't understand why you are so upset for this SoD :dizzy:
    First Fight:
    The Bloodbath has made a total 143k ( crit ) :o , but he's using an high ARP build, for maximise the dps of his bloodbath, then a Lashing Blade for 77k (Crit ) :o if i've read correctly, maybe i'm wrong , and a final 153545 of SoD ( not crit ) :o .

Everything fine, perfectly WAI, not overpowered at all.

SARCASTIC MODE: OFF
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    - TR vs GF -

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FinalFantasyAC7/video/43207353

My tr defensive stats
    DR 18.6%
    Deflection chance: 55%
    Deflection severity 75% (with foehammer's favor elixer 85%)
    180k hp

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I know this is off topic but i find joystick controller players dont have the same finesse of movement in pvp as the mouse keyboard combo players do to some classes great advantage/ disadvantage
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    This is what @finalfantasyac7 wants this threads purpose to be. xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20Guiido/screenshot/8164653
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2018

- TR vs GF -

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FinalFantasyAC7/video/43207353

My tr defensive stats
    DR 18.6%
    Deflection chance: 55%
    Deflection severity 75% (with foehammer's favor elixer 85%)
    180k hp

Nothing personal but really, you don't know how to play as a TR, but don't worry, you are not the only one.
    Oh look all the tr haters denying the fact that gf is broken (lol)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

edited January 2018

I think most of the players who were anserwing in this thread, are not denying fact that GF is broken but your beloved TR is just on this same or even higher lvl of brokenness, that's why it looks totally strange from TR's side to complaing about anything in pvp.
    edited January 2018
    modlesie said:

I think most of the players who were anserwing in this thread, are not denying fact that GF is broken but your beloved TR is just on this same or even higher lvl of brokenness, that's why it looks totally strange from TR's side to complaing about anything in pvp.
    I have heard many sw's, hr's, tr's and cw's complain how op/broken gf's are.
    Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on

edited January 2018
    The lead Dev of the Game plays a Pvp GF want proof ?

direct quote that he plays a PVP GF right in the live stream : D starting at 57:13

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1237916/march-april-is-the-new-pvp-with-the-devs-event-announced-on-live-stream

• khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    This thread has become about GF vs TR basically comparing 2 of the most powerful classes in pvp....It ignores the several classes that maybe grossly underperform against GF. TR deserves its own thread and has a few...2 top HRs have said their own opinion on GF... Still missing opinion of top players in other classes like SW, DC, CW.....Many top PC CWs posting here but seem to prefer to be vocal about CW vs TR rather than CW vs GF. So CWs, why not clearly post opinion on CW vs GF from your fighing? Is CW vs GF equal and balanced match for 2 players of same skill and GS ?

• icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Gf is too good due to a combination of things. The large amount of damage a gf can consistently land is in large part due to prones/other cc if swordmaster. Other classes have good dmg too, but the shield on the gf is too effective at absorbing dmg as well as giving cc immunity. This allows for pretty good tankiness with minimal investment into defensive stats/items. Problem is you have another class like the tr that also allows for minimal investment into defensive stats/items.

I would like to see an experimental change for the gf, where the shield doesn't absorb as much dmg as it currently does if the gf has the conqueror capstone. This could possibly incentivize gfs to invest more into defensive stats/items, like most other classes, or they will simply die quicker than they do currently. But let's not forget about the tr.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    ^ the gf from the good old days...with a block bar only...down to zero he became a wet noodle and needed for sure alot of investment in good defensive stats...but we also had some pretty good gf´s back then
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
    edited January 2018
    macjae said:

This thread has become about GF vs TR basically comparing 2 of the most powerful classes in pvp....It ignores the several classes that maybe grossly underperform against GF. TR deserves its own thread and has a few...2 top HRs have said their own opinion on GF... Still missing opinion of top players in other classes like SW, DC, CW.....Many top PC CWs posting here but seem to prefer to be vocal about CW vs TR rather than CW vs GF. So CWs, why not clearly post opinion on CW vs GF from your fighing? Is CW vs GF equal and balanced match for 2 players of same skill and GS ?

A good GF should generally almost always beat an equally geared, equally good CW. However, the GF has some exploitable weaknesses that TRs do not. The main problem the GF represents for a CW (or SW) is the mechanical advantage inherent in the directional block versus powers that are with very few exceptions all directional. On the CW side, they need to dodge everything successfully; any one mistake could be fatal. For the GF, it's more or less the opposite; they succeed by default and must make a mistake to fail. If the CW can get past that, they can do some good damage to a GF, though, and GFs don't have the escape tools that TRs or GWFs do, so if a CW starts winning and doesn't get greedy it's a winnable match-up, just very, very clearly in favor of the GF. So it's bad for CWs, but still infinitely better than fighting against a TR.

Gf's don't have the escape tools that tr's have ?
    You clearly have no idea what you're are writing about.

I've seen a gf yesterday in dom, he was running at 130% speed the whole match, yeh i was chasing him and couldn't kill because everytime i got close he bullcharged me and started running away again.

Shield that can absorb 80% of all incoming damage (SOD included) giving the gf enough time to do his 1 rotation kill.

GF has some exploitable weaknesses that TRs do not. ?? I had to lol so hard reading this. Sandy assault pants, curse rings, thunderhead enchantment anything that can stun a tr for 2 sec is game over for the tr.

Those items on a gf is too op because once a tr gets stunned by any of these items and gf using his lion to prone the tr, cw, hr, sw any class that is NOT tanky and continues with his bullcharge and ends it with anvil is way to broken.
    Im sure you gonna start again about ITC... not all tr's can spam ITC. You need 40k recovery to have permanent ITC or 30k recovery with 10 points in sabotuer which reduces all the cooldown by 10 in stealth and other reduces all cooldowns by 15% when using a daily. ITC does not work when dodging/rolling away or 1 sec after.

You people trying really hard defending the gf class even tho you know how op a gf can be.

Here are some vids for you.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FinalFantasyAC7/video/43327923
    At 0.16, shield aborbed big amount of SOD damage.

At 0.22 i used my ITC, it didn't work. I was proned, couldnt do anthing and 190k hp gone with 1 rotation.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FinalFantasyAC7/video/43328381
    See me using itc after rolling... it didn't work.

If you say tr's are broken then i'll say gf's and pallies are more broken !

edited February 2018
    @finalfantasyac7
    you are getting better at "trying" to explain your arguments and counter points keep it up ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on

macjae said:

A good GF should generally almost always beat an equally geared, equally good CW. However, the GF has some exploitable weaknesses that TRs do not. The main problem the GF represents for a CW (or SW) is the mechanical advantage inherent in the directional block versus powers that are with very few exceptions all directional. On the CW side, they need to dodge everything successfully; any one mistake could be fatal. For the GF, it's more or less the opposite; they succeed by default and must make a mistake to fail. If the CW can get past that, they can do some good damage to a GF, though, and GFs don't have the escape tools that TRs or GWFs do, so if a CW starts winning and doesn't get greedy it's a winnable match-up, just very, very clearly in favor of the GF. So it's bad for CWs, but still infinitely better than fighting against a TR.

I've seen a gf yesterday in dom, he was running at 130% speed the whole match, yeh i was chasing him and couldn't kill because everytime i got close he bullcharged me and started running away again.

Shield that can absorb 80% of all incoming damage (SOD included) giving the gf enough time to do his 1 rotation kill.

GF has some exploitable weaknesses that TRs do not. ?? I had to lol so hard reading this. Sandy assault pants, curse rings, thunderhead enchantment anything that can stun a tr for 2 sec is game over for the tr.

Those items on a gf is too op because once a tr gets stunned by any of these items and gf using his lion to prone the tr, cw, hr, sw any class that is NOT tanky and continues with his bullcharge and ends it with anvil is way to broken.
    Im sure you gonna start again about ITC... not all tr's can spam ITC. You need 40k recovery to have permanent ITC or 30k recovery with 10 points in sabotuer which reduces all the cooldown by 10 in stealth and other reduces all cooldowns by 15% when using a daily. ITC does not work when dodging/rolling away or 1 sec after.

You people trying really hard defending the gf class even tho you know how op a gf can be.

At 0.22 i used my ITC, it didn't work. I was proned, couldnt do anthing and 190k hp gone with 1 rotation.

I will say it again, and last time, bacause i can see really not much words can reachthe way of your overal gameplay of most broken pvp class Trickster Rogue since module 5- LEARN TO PLAY. Start witch this guy on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5FViHNSVLA&t=199s

macjae said:

Compare this guy gameplay to your and watch what really good TR can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5FViHNSVLA&t=23s
    edited February 2018
    modlesie said:

macjae said:

I am sorry i had to LOL so hard reading your post and watching the video.
    Mod 12... really ? No cb nerf, no cc nerf, sod wasn't fixed and he was playing against.. i dunno.. umm random pugs with his friend ?

Here you go, mod 12 vid.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FinalFantasyAC7/video/43372362
    Sorry for seeing me jumping on him since he had big mouth in front of many people in iwp and challenged me for 1v1 private dom. It wasn't that hard killing any class mod 12 with 15 sec cb.

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

modlesie said:

macjae said:

Mod 12... really ? No cb nerf, no cc nerf, sod wasn't fixed and he was playing against.. i dunno.. umm random pugs with his friend ?

Here you go, mod 12 vid.
    Sorry for seeing me jumping on him since he had big mouth in front of many people in iwp and challenge me for 1v1 private dom. It wasn't that hard killing any class mod 12 with 15 sec cb.
    I seen him singlehanded taking out 2 top Gf in less then 30 sec flat. You do notice that it takes him less then 9 sec to refill daily and about 2-4 sec to chain through encounters.

If you think ANY class but Tr can stand up to 2 bis GF let alone kill them with ease 1-2 think again.

I have said it before and it is worth saying again set up 1bis good Tr against 1bis of good of every other class then do the same with 2vs1 Tr and then 2 Tr vs 1 of each other class summon wins and losses for the Tr compare to the other classes combined and you will figure out just how broken Tr is.

You fight a non vinnable argument because ALL the facts are out there how broken Tr is. Most post are arguments about this and that on forums but this is not an opinion when you can look at 1000nd of matches and get statistics from them Tr is utterly broken in such a way they no longer participate in pvp they run around in their own match invisible to others with unresistable damage.

Wonder why its 4 Tr in every match while all the other classes have to devide the rest 6 spots on 6 different classes.

You obviously are as bad as it is possible to get when it comes to building and play a Tr for pvp at your IL in pvp unfortunately not many are,,,,

modlesie said:

macjae said:

Here you go, mod 12 vid.
    Sorry for seeing me jumping on him since he had big mouth in front of many people in iwp and challenged me for 1v1 private dom. It wasn't that hard killing any class mod 12 with 15 sec cb.
    1.I was talking with my friend one of best TRs in PC- i asked him why there is no more top TRs in pvp matches and no more yt films- the answer was simple- pvp is not fun anymore for them because they are killing everything in seconds without being even scratched by enemies- they are playing only PvE now d(^.^)b

2. old film? really? no big changes- gameplay i still this same, even i know it as a control wizard, and what about you as a TR? Instead of CB we got more BB which are deadly, forget about gaining stack of immunity vs TR, you will not survive long enough, and his stuns like smoke bomb and dazing strike are even longer than my CW control skills.

PS. did you know that after CB you gain your power increased and TRs are using this to empower their BB and SoD damage? and this is why this rotation is still current in 12b? :D
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Cesuke is back...
    Really hard to believe that anyone jumps into PVP forum these days and complains about TR's performance in PVP.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Even more broken class complaining about broken class.... Nothing to see here folks move along.
    macjae said:

Yep good summary of GF vs CW....basically CW at huge disadvantage....and conclusion would be similar for other ranged classes.
    @finalfantasyac7 u have shot yourself in the leg with comparing TR to GF. Your thread has title "About GF V2". You should rename it "GF vs TR in pvp" instead if u insist on comparing TR to GF which is still ridiculous.

If ever @devs read this I hope they can pick out the comments that are about other classes becase those have most insight about how GF overperforms in pvp and NOT comments about TR vs GF which clutter thread too much.
    edited February 2018

@finalfantasyac7 u have shot yourself in the leg with comparing TR to GF. Your thread has title "About GF V2". You should rename it "GF vs TR in pvp" instead if u insist on comparing TR to GF which is still ridiculous.

If ever @devs read this I hope they can pick out the comments that are about other classes becase those have most insight about how GF overperforms in pvp and NOT comments about TR vs GF which clutter thread too much.

You all know it's not only tr vs gf but cw, sw, hr, any class that isn't tanky.
    Gf's are indeed overperforming and that's why i made this thread about how good gf's are overperforming lol.
    I do know most gf's were crying about tr's dunk is op.. nerf it !! Or tr's cb is op nerf it !! Or tr's sod is op, nerf it !! And soon in the near future will be... tr just OP... remove the class from game lmao. I've seen a lot posts by gf's crying about tr this, tr that.. but i haven't seen anyone complaining how OP and broken a gf can be so... i'll do my best to record anything about gf that is overperforming in pvp. Will it affect pve ? IDC... cuz you didn't care about pve tr's either.

edited February 2018
    I am trying to understand why this is not broken or perhaps it's a bug because i see this a lot in pvp. (see video below)

As you can see, after a bullcharge this happens.

https://youtu.be/m4digG4zTrc
    https://youtu.be/SBcdxndjPzg

edited February 2018
    macjae said:

Trying to understand what? That you can't act while prone? Or that the animations aren't always synced?

Meanwhile, the next video on your channel was fun. Seeing a TR fight 1v3 for an extended period against two GFs and another player, and ending with killing two of the opponents. Nice how you complain about GFs being so strong, yet have a bragging video up showing just how overpowered the TR class is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWTLphtyys

Playing domination solo, those where just low item level pugs. But you don't see me killing anyone with 1 rotation like a gf.
    I've seen a gf with 40k power in dom solo, fighting 1v4 and he destroyed them all in no time. I was on his team and watched him clear the floor in no time.

Anyway.. the fact you don't see what i was trying to show you proofs that you don't really care. You would deny a gf being overpowered even if he could 1 hit kill some classes. Oh wait... they actually can (smh)

This discussion has been closed.