test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180108a.4

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights

New Trial: Cradle of the Death God
Explore the hidden depths of a previously-hidden extension of the Tomb of the Nine Gods. This ten-player Trial pits players against a fearsome creation of Acererak, and if the adventurers succeed, they could get rid of the death curse once and for all.

Update: It's open! Check out the Preview tab in the Wondrous Bazaar (Diamond icon on the top bar of the HUD) for an item that grants access: Bane of the Jungle.

Known Issues
  • If a player skips the cutscene immediately after the "Gather Your Party" circle at the start of the instance in the first few seconds, they will be killed immediately after exiting the cutscene.
    • This problem can be avoided by letting the cutscene play for at least a few seconds.
  • If all players skip the cutscene too quickly and are killed, when respawning at the entrance, the "Gather Your Party" circle will be broken. (This will not happen if at least one player allows a few seconds to pass before skipping, or watches the cutscene to completion.)
    • If this happens, please exit and re-queue for the trial to resolve the issue.
Official Feedback Thread: Cradle of the Death God

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Omu
  • Necromancers in Heroic Encounters no longer teleport nearly as frequently.
Campaigns
  • Campaign Key tasks now properly have a cooldown of 1,200 minutes instead of 12,000.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Storm Spell's Crit chance should now match the player's on certain powers, such as Icy Terrain.
Companions
  • The following adjustments and bugfixes have been made to the companion "Savage Allosaur."
    • The allosaur will now use overbite, its primary melee attack, significantly more often.
    • The hitbox on overbite has been increased such that this attack will land significantly more often.
    • The allosaur's AI has been adjusted such that it will move into an ideal position more quickly and frequently.
    • The allosaur will no longer leap away from its target as frequently.
    • The allosaur will no longer use tailwhip and overbite when no targets are within range.
    • The allosaur's turn rate has been increased and it is now capable of backing up.
Enemies and Allies
  • The Tyrant's breath attack has changed to properly deal necrotic damage over time, rather than lightning.
  • The Tyrant's breath attack no longer paralyzes players.
  • The Tyrant's breath attack now properly has readable output in the combat log.
  • The Tyrant no longer has a chance to menacingly walk back and forth while players beat it up.

Items and Economy
Masterwork Profession Recipe Changes
  • The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for the Brightsilver Symbol:
    • The amount of fartouched residuum needed has been reduced from 5 to 1.
    • The number of brightsilver ingots needed has been reduced from 5 to 3.
    • The number of rubellites needed has been increased from 1 to 3.
  • The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Pact Blade:
    • The amount of manticore felt needed has been reduced from 2 to 1.
    • The requirement of 2 titansteel ingots has been adjusted to 2 brightsilver ingots.
  • The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Orb:
    • The amount of scintillant glass needed has been reduced from 4 to 2.
  • In accordance with these changes, the number and type of items returned in the case of a failure for these recipes has been adjusted.
Preview Masterwork Profession Changes
  • A number of masterwork recipes in volumes IV and V have had their recipes significantly altered, as the adjustments are too extensive for patch notes and these recipes have only ever been released on preview, please see individual recipes for details.
  • A new item "Living Varnish" has been added to alchemy's masterwork recipe book volume IV.
  • The relative chance of obtaining a Tear of Ubtao, Mote of Soulfire and Lichstone from bosses in Tomb of the Nine Gods has been adjusted. (The overall chance of obtaining any has gone up, and the chance of obtaining a mote of soulfire has gone down relative to the other two materials due to the number of recipes that use each of the three items.)
  • A number of recipes that had placeholder icons have been updated with final icons.
  • A new tab has been added to the Wondrous Bazaar when on preview: "Masterwork III," this new tab contains a variety of materials to be used in the testing of new masterwork recipes.
Zen Market
  • Experience Boost tooltips have been adjusted to match their new values.
  • For testing, Fashion Bag slots are now available for 0 Zen in the Zen Market on Preview.
General
  • An error in the tooltip of Musshussu's Talon has been addressed. (It no longer states that it can be used for a 1-star hunt.)

User Interface
Change Instance
  • The Change Instance timer no longer displays an incorrect wait time.
Item Protection
  • Protected items can no longer be consumed as part of a Transmute action.
  • Slotting a Protected item into another item now automatically flags that other item as Protected.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

New Trial: Cradle of the Death God
    Explore the hidden depths of a previously-hidden extension of the Tomb of the Nine Gods. This ten-player Trial pits players against a fearsome creation of Acererak, and if the adventurers succeed, they could get rid of the death curse once and for all.

Update: It's open!

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Still no info if the weapon damage part from shatter strike capstone proc from control powers only or from all powers( still proc from all powers).
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Bug:

Cordon of Arrow is still broken.

Live Cordon of Arrow:
    - Encounter is cast, there is 0.5s or so delay before the cordon hits the ground.
    - Once the cordon drops, mobs inside get damaged and pulled to the middle
    at the same exact moment.
    - This version is effective and reliable.

Preview Cordon of Arrow:
    - Encounter is cast, the cordon hits the ground instantaneously.
    - Only one mob inside the cordon is damaged and pulled to the middle.
    - Sometimes it hits two but no control effect.
    - Sometimes nothing happens and there's a 0.5s-1.0s before the cordon activates
    even though the mob is clearly inside the circle.
    - This version is unpredictable and ineffective for dps/control. There is no point in slotting this.

If one is to ever use this Preview version CoA, might as well use Thorn Ward or Split the Sky instead.
    Both are superior in every aspect of dps or dps/cc.

The original point of CoA is burst damage + crowd control. The current preview version does neither.

Tia
  • adewyn#0512 adewyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i think having a fashion tab is a great idea.... but i have 58 slots atm of fashion items (yes my toons a diva fashionista) so will there be a place to purchase more slots.. or will just add more slots.. or can they just be left in th bag they were in.. why go to overload bag.... and then we cant travel or do dungeons. until the players figures out what to do with the other 34 fashion items..... i know i am not the only one that will have this problem..... so can we address this before its an issue...

Feana feana bo Beana
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    terramak said:

A new item "Living Varnish" has been added to alchemy's masterwork recipe book volume IV.

The task returns Lakh Varnish.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    terramak said:

The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for the Brightsilver Symbol:
    The amount of fartouched residuum needed has been reduced from 5 to 1.

The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Pact Blade:

The following adjustments have been made to the recipe for Fartouched Orb:

Thank you. This is very much appreciated, as it brings the cost of the Artificing weapons into the same range as the Weaponsmithing weapons. This is particularly relevant as we need to make those three weapons for the new Masterwork Artificing quest. This may also help keep those "old" weapons a viable choice, because (as I have complained about in a different thread) the 5 new weapon sets are really not that appealing for support classes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    You broke loadouts :(

My main character has 5 loadout slots on live, but now only 3 of those work - two of them (AC and Group-DPS) cannot be selected. I just copied her over again (as Tanya 40) and there all 5 loadouts work as intended.

This seems to have happened after I started setting up different sets of mounts and companions for the different loadout - for example the Group-DPS loadout is supposed to use a Sapphire Bulette with the Assassin's bonus, while the Solo loadout uses the Siegebreaker Griffon with the Wanderer's Fortune bonus.

Now those loadouts are just broken.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    adinosii said:

You broke loadouts :(

My main character has 5 loadout slots on live, but now only 3 of those work - two of them (AC and Group-DPS) cannot be selected. I just copied her over again (as Tanya 40) and there all 5 loadouts work as intended.

This seems to have happened after I started setting up different sets of mounts and companions for the different loadout - for example the Group-DPS loadout is supposed to use a Sapphire Bulette with the Assassin's bonus, while the Solo loadout uses the Siegebreaker Griffon with the Wanderer's Fortune bonus.

Now those loadouts are just broken.

I experimented this problem too, I'm not sure, but it seems is when 2 different mounts share the same insignia, I tested this on my lunch time, it's why I have not investigated the problem more in-depth.
    When I unslotted all insignia on the loadout that is still working, I was able to load the broken loadout again.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • nomak33nomak33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Control Wizard: Storm Spell's Crit chance should now match the player's on certain powers, such as Icy Terrain.
    Hi, I've been thinking in switching my lightning enchantment to vorpal upon release of this mod, but I can see no diference in the damage ranges of Storm Spell's crits with and without a trans vorpal equipped in the preview shard (I'm checking in the combat log, can be a bit hard to tell since the Storm Spell damage range is too wide). Does anybody knows if Storm Spell's crist are affected by Vorpal enchantment?.

Thanks.
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    nomak33 said:

terramak said:

Highlights

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

Hi, I've been thinking in switching my lightning enchantment to vorpal upon release of this mod, but I can see no diference in the damage ranges of Storm Spell's crits with and without a trans vorpal equipped in the preview shard (I'm checking in the combat log, can be a bit hard to tell since the Storm Spell damage range is too wide). Does anybody knows if Storm Spell's crist are affected by Vorpal enchantment?.

Thanks.
    It does scale with vorpal.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    terramak said:

Campaigns

• Campaign Key tasks now properly have a cooldown of 1,200 minutes instead of 12,000.
    At least three of these keys are still functioning the current way, 20 hours to make key instead of 20 hour cooldown being implemented. The three that I noticed were: 2 in Tyranny of Dragons, the Dragon Queen Key and the Mystic Dragon Key; and the Kessel's Retreat Key in the Icewind Dale Campaign.

Interestingly enough, the third key in the ToD campaign, the Arcane Dragon Key seems to be following the new 10s to make 20 hour cooldown timers.

It doesn't make that much of a difference since you're still waiting 20 hours between keys, just weird how some are still the old way. The other thing I noticed is the keys auto-collect once the task is completed - is this intended?
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    aimsies said:

terramak said:

Campaigns

At least three of these keys are still functioning the current way, 20 hours to make key instead of 20 hour cooldown being implemented. The three that I noticed were: 2 in Tyranny of Dragons, the Dragon Queen Key and the Mystic Dragon Key; and the Kessel's Retreat Key in the Icewind Dale Campaign.

Interestingly enough, the third key in the ToD campaign, the Arcane Dragon Key seems to be following the new 10s to make 20 hour cooldown timers.

It doesn't make that much of a difference since you're still waiting 20 hours between keys, just weird how some are still the old way. The other thing I noticed is the keys auto-collect once the task is completed - is this intended?
    I will take a look at the keys which still have the old format. It is intended that you are auto granted the key on completion so you don't have to reopen the window 10 seconds later for each key.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    macjae said:

The Genie's Gift bag for Maze Engine says that it gives 10 Tales of Adventure, but actually gives only 1.

The Genie's Gift bag for Storm King's Thunder appears to not be accessible to characters that have completed the campaign or boon progression.

In the former case, 1 ToA would be in line with most other Genie's Gift purchases, where they roughly equal 1 day's worth of progress; 10 would likely invalidate the campaign completion purchasable in the ZEN market (or it would cause the price to inflate to a point where they become non-viable for other campaigns). Given the structure and relative speed of the Maze Engine campaign compared to others, it seems most reasonable that the bags should give 2 ToA, though.

Not being able to purchase the Genie's Gift STK bag after completing the campaign prevents them from being usable for buying patron tokens, which is one of the better ways (from a player perspective) to make use of them.

On a completely different note, the Sharandar Genie's Gift/Illefarn Relic bags really should be updated. They've always been terrible, because they lack the secondary campaign currencies (Vibrant Seedling/Abjurant Charm/Iliyanbruen Blades) and got even worse relatively speaking after the daily quest for sparks had its rewards improved. It should at least give like 15 sparks and 3-6 each of the secondary currencies.

It is intended to only be 1 Tales of Adventure, I will take a look at STK as the bag should stay available even if you have everything completed.
This discussion has been closed.