test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which adds more overall dmg to party? Mof Rene does (not GF)

anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
edited January 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Mof has SoD,CA, Enfeeble, prestidigitation, uncertain allegiance (5% crit to allies) and chaotic nexus/fury = 61.5% debuff + 2%stats, chance of 30% dmg/ 30% crit,armpen

Some say the crit and armpen buff from nexus is not counted towards the buffs because people are already at max but I'm sure the DPS Ops and Dps DOs find it usefull.

Post edited by anesading on

Comments

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    It's a little more like comparing apples to oranges but I'd agree, MoF buffs/debuffs better, and although I know @thefabricant would disagree, but I also think focusing on MoF Renegade as your main build sees the greatest improvements in group runs, if you are willing to grind the AD needed on debuff companion/weapon enchantment and T-Rex but I still think that is a lot cheaper than building an HDPS CW.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    "You can only really count Swath, Combustive, and a second RoE debuff for the unique MoF Rene contributions. This is because a SS Renegade, a far more useful path, can grant Chaotic Fury."

Whaa??? Both MoF and SS can use RoE on tab for a second debuff. And it doesn't matter if you are SS or MoF when you choose the renegade path, both grant the chaotic fury feat. ACT proves this.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    DpS DO here with 100% crit chance and 85% RI, crit+arp buff is useless.

GF buffs more, its not even a question. The buff ITF provides is equal to the 1 buff MoF has in value except a GF can keep it up 100% of the time. Both classes give combat advantage, so that can be ignored. If you count the debuffs, im not sure how in the "support" category the 2 classes compare, I would guess GF wins slightly, but it is just a guess. I don't know if Inspiring Leader still stacks the way it used to, but if it does, then a tact gf could stack a stupid amount of recovery and keep it up more than once.

If you include the damage contribution of a good DpS GF to the group however, GF wins by a landslide, it is not even close.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018

DpS DO here with 100% crit chance and 85% RI, crit+arp buff is useless.

GF buffs more, its not even a question. The buff ITF provides is equal to the 1 buff MoF has in value except a GF can keep it up 100% of the time. Both classes give combat advantage, so that can be ignored. If you count the debuffs, im not sure how in the "support" category the 2 classes compare, I would guess GF wins slightly, but it is just a guess. I don't know if Inspiring Leader still stacks the way it used to, but if it does, then a tact gf could stack a stupid amount of recovery and keep it up more than once.

If you include the damage contribution of a good DpS GF to the group however, GF wins by a landslide, it is not even close.

I think you ment: The buff ITF provides is equal to the 1 buff MoF has in value except a GF can't keep it up 100% of the time.
    About those debuffs I allways wondered how much a mof can hold up 24/7, since some throw in a whopping 87% in those coloured sheets, wich is far > than 18% from GF ?
  • anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    thefabricant The way things work now debuffs still add to dmg even if you're maxed on resistance ignored. Even AFTER you reach the 200-300% cap where it starts showing diminishing returns it STILL adds to dmg.

Also with the amount of Tong runs I've been in, BiS teams is a minority. Most just know what to use but that does not mean their stats are maxed on Crit and Arpen. Faaaaaaar from it.
    edited January 2018
    Utility is the same for both because theres heals from chaotic growth and the 10% lifesteal from fury. Then there's control to adds so they don't stun you. Then the 5% crit feat to party and 30% crit /armpen is also not something to dismiss.

To be clear what I really meant when making this post was which one adds more to overall dmg of party because a lot of the groups forming for Tong only focus on GF Buff.

So to the community, Mof Rene adds more overall dmg to your party!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

Utility is the same for both because theres heals from chaotic growth and the 10% lifesteal from fury. Then there's control to adds so they don't stun you. Then the 5% crit feat to party and 30% crit /armpen is also not something to dismiss.

To be clear what I really meant when making this post was which one adds more to overall dmg of party because a lot of the groups forming for Tong only focus on GF Buff.

So, I went and checked if Inspiring Leader still stacks:

It still stacks and each stack is multiplicative with the previous which means that GF wins, even as Tactician and ignoring the benefits of Conq and the multitude of other benefits a tact gf provides.

And really...Chaotic Growth and Nexus do not even remotely compare to KV and the AP gain of tact.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @anesading

Everything depends on situation. If we assume TONG, we at should assume that, if its end game dungeon, party is also near to end game/BIS. And belive me or not in such parties its gona be hard to find any1 without arpen already maxed out while main dps have both arpen and crit maxed out. Heck I would say that party not having that maxed is a recipe for disaster.
    So those arpen/crit buffs are... well not bad, but as gap fillers, when for example some1 will loose companion.
    So your buffs can be - again - depending on situation - absolutly obsolete or absolutely needed.

If you type something like
    anesading said:

you actually type BS. Cos stright after I can ask question wha is his IL. If 12k - it means that in TONG he is perma dead, if rest of his party is same level - all gona be dead. If he is acompanied by BIS party he is possibly a usefull burden :D if entire party is 15k+ then TONG is done and hopefully wont bug on rewards.

• d3cepti0n#1453 d3cepti0n Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    anesading said:

This is a sad way to try to get your MoF invited to parties.
    Piece by piece.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Ah one more thing, I love to have MOf in my party, have privilage to run with few skilled one, but numbers of skilled Mofs are very small. Most of todays Mofs are just huge band of CW no1 wanted to take for a TONG respeced hastly for Mofs just to have a chance. And that leads to disaster, and Mofs badmouthing.
    Wins what? adding overall dmg to party? no because you're dismissing and not counting mofs debuffs/buffs into equation and spreading misinformation. It's mechanics people. Ask the mof renes if they have swath and combustive slotted before testing this and you will see the difference.

I see so many GF buff bots that do no dmg and making runs slow as hell because 1) party does not have 100% crit and 88%armpen 2) forgetting or not knowing that debuffs still add dmg after resistance ignored 3) not seeing that fury procs A LOT
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    anesading said:

I see so many GF buff bots that do no dmg

Maybe because GF buffers don't do much damage :wink: it's the DPS GFs that do both.
    anesading said:

1) party does not have 100% crit and 88%armpen 2)

You are going to blame the Guardian Fighter in your group for your group not building their own characters properly? You are saying that you should play a class with babysitter buffs instead of bigger buffs simply because your group isn't capped on stats? No DPS, or even tanks entering ToNG should ever have below 85% resistance ignored (why did you say 88%? lol). If they do, it isn't worth replacing your GF with a MoF because they will buff more in this situation. The correct solution is to get a new DPS because this one doesn't understand what they are doing.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

I was saying the max resistance ignored needed because I was making the point debuffs still add dmg to party AFTER cap. I was stating the usefullness of nexus because if you go inspect the people you run tong with their crit and armpen are not max capped. So even if you dismiss chaotic fury because of it being procced on chance (even though it procs a lot) the other buffs/debuffs still add more dmg to party than GF.
  • d3cepti0n#1453 d3cepti0n Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    anesading said:

Wins what? adding overall dmg to party? no because you're dismissing and not counting mofs debuffs/buffs into equation and spreading misinformation. It's mechanics people. Ask the mof renes if they have swath and combustive slotted before testing this and you will see the difference.

I see so many GF buff bots that do no dmg and making runs slow as hell because 1) party does not have 100% crit and 88%armpen 2) forgetting or not knowing that debuffs still add dmg after resistance ignored 3) not seeing that fury procs A LOT

I'll most likely regret this, but let's see.

3) CW has 79% (CA (24%) + SoD (20%) + RoE (35% double stacked))
    [...] 1.259 (DpS increase from debuffs) [...]

Pretty sure the MoF Personals were kept in mind.

2. So it's the GF's fault that the party is re unable to build their characters properly and rely on a MoF to cap their most important stats? Actually, let's say you do. You have a pocket MoF who's 24/7 onine and available, so you have it in your party 100% of the time. A good dps from your perspective is someone who waits for Chaotic Nexus (ontop of a ton of other buffs you need to keep an eye out for) to deal damage? And when Nexus is down, what, you afk? And let's say you do this. You save crit and pene. I'm assuming the stats saved are allocated into power. You saved 30% Crit Chance and 30% RI. This is 12k Crit and ~4k Pene, 16k Stats total. Let's even assume best case scenario, you trade these for power in a 1:1. That's 16k power. How much power do you have in a run? I won't assume 250k, that's probably too much for such players. Not even 200k really. 170k? 16k power on top of that is a 7.62% dps increase. *Slow clap* You managed to make yourself useless without a class, and useless for a good portion of combat time even with that class, for a 8% dps increase.

3. 88%...? :|

4. Debuffs are irrelevant to DR, they always add damage, and they always have diminishing returns, not "after 200-300% cap".

5. @thefabricant factored it in as a 50% uptime buff, is "A LOT" more than 50% of the time?
    Piece by piece.
    I'm talking about the supports who also do dps like righteous dc and justice OP, the mof would be included into this. Yes so there you have mofs debuffs adding dmg to party ontop of fury even after you dismiss nexus.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

thefabricant The way things work now debuffs still add to dmg even if you're maxed on resistance ignored. Even AFTER you reach the 200-300% cap where it starts showing diminishing returns it STILL adds to dmg.

You mix things up, cap is by definition something you can't go over.

Resistance ignore and debuffs have no special interaction. You can have both, either one, or neither one, and each gives or takes depending by the values.

Diminishing returns on debuff start from 0, adding 1% debuff from 1% to 2% will net less effective damage increase than adding 1% from 0% to 1%.
    rjc9000 said:

You can only really count Swath, Combustive, and a second RoE debuff for the unique MoF Rene contributions. This is because a SS Renegade, a far more useful path, can grant Chaotic Fury. All CW builds can use RoE offtab.

You shouldn't dismiss a mechanic common to another CW path when comparing to a GF....
    When comparing, dismissing commons is the same as removing the same variable on both sides:

a * b =? a * c
    We dismiss "a" as common, so unless GF suddenly learned to RoE or something, it shouldn't be dismissed. And the best total of the class/path in question counted.
    anesading said:

What you really meant when making the post is not to have any discussion or numbers, you meant that you wanted to deliever your biased spiel.
    Unfortunately, saying something is true, doesn't make it so, we saw one set of numbers, feel free to counter those, not by claims, but by argument and proof.

For reference, I don't play GF, I do play CW (MoF/SS and I like MoF), and I'll rather see MoF buffed to something better if it's under-performing than see misinformation that will doom a path and class just for the sake of not sure what.
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

I was saying the max resistance ignored needed because I was making the point debuffs still add dmg to party AFTER cap.

Yes, debuffs actually don't care at all about DR anymore. This was reworked when they reworked the cap. Debuffs no longer have any relation to your opponent's DR or how much armor pen you have in relation to it. Note that Chaotic Nexus is not a debuff though, so after the armor pen cap it does nothing. The other MoF debuffs were already accounted for in @thefabricant 's equation. (+25.9% damage increase).
    anesading said:

I was stating the usefullness of nexus because if you go inspect the people you run tong with their crit and armpen are not max capped.

Don't always trust the inspect menus. Unless you are in-combat and know all of the mechanics of the class you are looking at, you probably won't even see the correct number on the inspect menu. Bondings only show in-combat, and some classes have armor pen buffs that don't show properly on some sections of the inspect menu. If your DPS, tank, or really anyone wearing an orcus set doesn't have maximum armor pen (which is 85%), you can probably kick them, since they are actually clueless.
    anesading said:

So even if you dismiss chaotic fury because of it being procced on chance (even though it procs a lot) the other buffs/debuffs still add more dmg to party than GF.

He didn't dismiss chaotic fury. He dismissed chaotic nexus and chaotic growth. And I think you missed the part where he said that Inspiring Leader stacks. If you build pure recovery on a Tact GF in a group with an OP and AC DC, that GF could potentially stack Inspiring Leader 3 to 4 times. That's a 100% up-time 45-50% buff coming from the Guardian Fighter. How in the world does the MoF compare to that?

edited January 2018
    There has been no proof comparing. The dmg from debuffs has not been taken into account and the buffs are being dismissed. Go inspect the supports that also dps like righteous dc and Op, you will notice they are not 100% crit and 85% armpen and still do 150-200mill in a Tong run. Yes I know about inspecting after bonding ty.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

Let's have a discussion.

Gf has mark, ITF and Commanders Strike (+5% to itf if tactician) = 50% buff and 20% debuff?

Mof has SoD,CA, Enfeeble, prestidigitation, uncertain allegiance (5% crit to allies) and chaotic nexus/fury = 61.5% debuff + 2%stats, chance of 30% dmg/ 30% crit,armpen

Some say the crit and armpen buff from nexus is not counted towards the buffs because people are already at max but I'm sure the DPS Ops and Dps DOs find it usefull.

As my calculations goes as soon as Chaotic Fury procs, Mof Rene buffs more than GF.

Editing the title and content after people post is... interesting, but to the point, how those numbers actually translate? Where is total comparision?

By your post, we have 50% buff and 20% debuff on one side, and 61.5% debuff + 2% stats etc... on the MoF side
    Where is the conclusion of what higher and what lower? How you reached it?

I can say that TR has 31% resistance debuff, who knows how much CB damage debuff, self damage, great looks, and better personality so it's better that either GF or MoF. That's not proof, that's throwing numbers in the air.
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

Go inspect the supports that also dps like righteous dc and Op, you will notice they are not 100% crit and 85% armpen and still do 150-200mill in a Tong run.

*inspects self* :trollface:

I play a Righteous Divine Oracle Cleric support. I have 100% HG uptime, 100% eBtS uptime, TI, and 35k base power, and I have 103% crit rate and 88% :trollface: resistance ignored. I am a 14k DPS DC. Yeah, I'm a bit of a newb with only 35k power, but I don't have very good gear. Cleric is one of the classes with free resistance ignored that doesn't always show up on the character sheet where people think it should.

My statement kinda still stands though. If they don't have all their armor pen, that's their fault. If they don't have 85% armor pen, what other mistakes did they make if they messed up on sometime that basic? Never trust a DPS or DPS hybrid that doesn't have 85% armor pen.

Note that if you mention it to them they might even check their gear and notice that they have the wrong boots/mount/boon/whatever on when they switched loadouts, I have done this before. It's an easy mistake and it sacrifices so much damage that it is never worth running without 85% RI. I can understand partially an argument for crit, since it is much harder to cap, but never in a BiS ... or even well geared group.

Gear Check > MoF :trollface:

EDIT - oh and I have 103% crit rate simply because I am in the middle of transitioning some of that crit into other places.

anesading said:

There has been no proof comparing. The dmg from debuffs has not been taken into account and the buffs are being dismissed.

Then could you define what this is?

If we do some maths:
    1) Assume effectiveness is at 200% before adding either class.
    2) GF has 18% debuffs.
    3) CW has 79% (CA (24%) + SoD (20%) + RoE (35% double stacked))
    4) We ignoring pet debuffs etc, since both classes can use those.
    5) We are ignoring the possibility that Inspiring Leader stacks.
    6) Both classes provide Combat Advantage, so ignoring that.
    7) Ignoring crit+arp buffs because you don't assume people are built badly in theoretical situations.
    GF: 1.3 (ITF) * 1.05 (Inspiring Leader) * 1.06678 (DpS increase from debuffs) = 1.4561547
    CW: 1.15 (Chaotic Fury) * 1.259 (DpS increase from debuffs) = 1.4835

If Inspiring Leader stacks, GF wins just looking at these, otherwise CW wins.

As you see their comp is two GFs, that does not mean GF adds more overall dmg. You having 100% crit and 85% armpen as righteous DC is a minority trust me.
    edited January 2018
    anesading said:

As you see their comp is two GFs, that does not mean GF adds more overall dmg.

Sorry I don't see. Whose comp? My dream comp is something like GF, HR, DC, DC, OP.
    anesading said:

You having 100% crit and 85% armpen as righteous DC is a minority trust me.

Crit sure, but if they don't have 85% armor pen, then they aren't built to do damage, and likely aren't using DPS powers.

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    anesading said:

Also with the amount of Tong runs I've been in, BiS teams is a minority. Most just know what to use but that does not mean their stats are maxed on Crit and Arpen. Faaaaaaar from it.

I agree. Can we stop assuming that every player who runs TONG is BiS?

Not yet having 100% crit chance does not mean the character is "built badly", it just means that the character is still progressing. And this is especially true for support classes like OP or DC. AC DCs are told to invest everything in Power, for power-sharing. DO DCs are told to invest everything in Recovery, for the perma-HG buff. I think it would be a very small minority of DO DCs who had enough Recovery for perma-HG, AND had 100% crit chance, AND had 85% resistance ignored.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

anesading said:

Go inspect the supports that also dps like righteous dc and Op, you will notice they are not 100% crit and 85% armpen and still do 150-200mill in a Tong run.

I play a Righteous Divine Oracle Cleric support. I have 100% HG uptime, 100% eBtS uptime, TI, and 35k base power, and I have 103% crit rate and 88% :trollface: resistance ignored. I am a 14k DPS DC.

Interesting. Could you explain how you accomplished this?
    anesading said:

" If Inspiring Leader stacks, GF wins just looking at these, otherwise CW wins."

If stacks meaning if the party has two GFs

No it stacks from one GF using ITF multiple times before it falls off.

chemjeff said:

anesading said:

I play a Righteous Divine Oracle Cleric support. I have 100% HG uptime, 100% eBtS uptime, TI, and 35k base power, and I have 103% crit rate and 88% :trollface: resistance ignored. I am a 14k DPS DC.

Interesting. Could you explain how you accomplished this?
    I have a DC guide you can look up, but explaining it here would be a bit off-topic.