test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Q Botting Solution

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
I myself am annoyed with Botting in Random Q. Seen it in all content that has Random Q. Players are being awarded for doing NOTHING and gain AD and some times salvage items. This type of behavior is ongoing and if you leave the Q where you see this behavior, you get penalized.

Below are some solutions on how to fight these botters from gaining free AD.

Solution 1:

1) When you go to kick a player that is disconnect you will have an option to select Disconnected/Botting when the player has been disconnected for 2 minutes or more.
2) When selecting this option you will not receive the kick penalty.
3) If you try to kick the player prior to this, you will not see the Disconnected/Botting option and will receive the kick penalty.

This design will allow groups to kick disconnected players who are botting the system for AD. It will reduce the amount of trash AD earned by botters and will improve lower level player experience.

Solution 2:
1) Any player who disconnects that does not reconnect within 2 minutes will be booted from the instance

See above but automated by the system.

Solution 3:
1) Disconnection automatically kicks you (this maybe an issue as I have seen some players come into an instance as disconnected)

Solution 4:
1) Reduce the penalty when we leave a Q down to 1 minute

Solution 4 does not really solve for botter earning free AD but it does give players the ability to leave a Q if it is clear some one is botting, reducing said player ability to earn FREE AD.

I believe solution 1 is the way to go. This way, players in the group control the kick and it is not left up to an automated system. As I have seen some pretty bad lag in the game that has resulted in some players having really bad disconnection issues.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I personally think that if u disconnect during the 5 min grace period u should be kicked, u arent really losing anything it would be different if it was in the middle of the run or near the end, but at the start the only thing u would have to do is que again once u relog, that said after the no kick 5 mins period and u disconnect u should be given a 5 minute grace period since its most likely a legit disconnect at that point or even after u reach the 2nd campfire since thats good enough progression.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    #4 is not a solution at all. One minute isn't even a penalty. It can be the amount of time it takes for the system to completely remove you and return you to your original location.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.