test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Ras Nsi Loot Issues - Community Assistance

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2018 in News & Announcements
Update 1/17 3pm PT

Thank you everyone for your information so far. We have additional questions to help us better identify and reproduce this issue.

*Does this loot issue occur for everyone in the group or just certain party members?

*Were you in a private or public queue group?

*How long did the fight last?

*What class were you?

*How many times were you defeated?

*At what point of the fight were you defeated?

*Did you fall or knocked off the platform during the fight? If so, when?

Greetings Adventurers!

We have heard your concerns regarding not getting loot after the Ras Nsi fight in Tomb of the Nine Gods. We have been unable to reproduce the issue internally but want to continue to investigating. In order to obtain more information, we need the following:

-Video showing this occurring
-Description of circumstances when no loot happens: Is it every time? Has the dungeon been done earlier that day with loot? Does it only happen when players re-queue for the dungeon within ToNG (without leaving the map) after a successful completion?

In order to avoid discussion clutter, please only reply to this thread with answers relevant to those points above. Non relevant answers will be removed. Thank you for any help you can provide!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    CW assailing force kills her before the ghost does = no loot. If we stop attacking when there is one bar left, 99% it does not bug out.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Greetings Adventurers!

We have heard your concerns regarding not getting loot after the Ras Nsi fight in Tomb of the Nine Gods. We have been unable to reproduce the issue internally but want to continue to investigating. In order to obtain more information, we need the following:

-Description of circumstances when no loot happens: Is it every time? Has the dungeon been done earlier that day with loot? Does it only happen when players re-queue for the dungeon within ToNG (without leaving the map) after a successful completion?

In order to avoid discussion clutter, please only reply to this thread with answers relevant to those points above. Non relevant answers will be removed. Thank you for any help you can provide!

i'll try to get a video of this and today we occured similar kind of bug on nostura i have video for that will it be helpful ? if so i'll link it here

• sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

We had to kill the boss x3 to get the loot. The 3rd time, we waited for the HP to go down at around 5%. I believe I've used my At-Wills at my CW when it went down to 5% to slow down the dps. Got the loot that time.

The glitch happened with a brand new instance, no one went outside of the instance. Not sure but I know someone from our group fell outside of the map on the 1st try of the boss.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    The bug happen when players deals damage to the last boss when his lifepoints are betwenn 5 and 0%.
    If he receive damages after 0% (dots....), the bug appear.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    brewald said:

The bug happen when players deals damage to the last boss when his lifepoints are betwenn 5 and 0%.
    If he receive damages after 0% (dots....), the bug appear.

you are wrong here the bug dosn'"t happen if he takes DOT in fact we use DOt so he dosn"t bug on us all time
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers!

theguiido said:

Hello Again. I am back.

The Bug i'm talking about right now is HUGE. It is when you complete Tomb of The Nine Gods and at the end of the dungeon, you receive no rewards, and no chest. Nothing. I have been beat out of so many rewards because we had to do it over and over and over again and everytime you receive NOTHING. The only fix for this is for everyone to leave the instance, with VIP transport to lets say PE, then when everybody is out, load back in and kill him again.

Video Proof: https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/fad93a1c-cdf1-4904-b12e-91ac65e237be

Previous Post I made on the Bug Reports on Xbox One.

The Circumstances: No it is not every time. Yes the dungeon has been done earlier with no problems what so ever. Since then, I have had dungeons and lots of rewards lost due to this issue. Your hypothesis could be true, after completing a run, and queueing in the same dungeon again. Others have said after not completing the traps they have also lost loot.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    • This happens in around 10% of cases. It didn't happen at all originally - started happening at some point, so possibly related to some change that took place.
    • This happens to everyone - the chests just do not appear.
    • There seems to be no correlation to how long the fight takes, but it seems more likely to happen in relatively short fights.
    • I always play a DO DC the group usually has a second DC, OP, GF and GF - but this has happened in a group with a CW or SW as well.
    • The "no loot" has happened to me maybe 8-10 times since it started (and I have probably run close to 100 ToNGs in that time. When the chests don 't appear, we just suicide by jumping off the platform and respawn - kill Ras Nsi again, and get the chests the second time.
    • In many, maybe most cases when this happens someone in the group died just before Ras Nsi was defeated. This could happen with someone falling off or just getting killed normally. This was at least the case the three most recent cases when the chests failed to appear. Since writing this, I have had the bug appear without anyone dying, so, no...it's not this.
    • One indication that the bug is about to happen seems to be if Ras Nsi does not properly die when brought to 0%, but stays on the platform and continues to appear to take damage for a while. When I see this happen I go "uh..oh...going to bug", and so far I have not been wrong.
    And yes, if you are looking into this, it would be nice if you could fix the bugged rockfall trap as well....there is a workaround - get a TR into the group, have him slip through, and then the whole group just suicides and reappears on the other side, but it is annoying.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It always affects the entire party. I was always playing a DC, and it happens even if I was never defeated during the fight. For me, getting knocked off the platform is rare in the extreme -- when the bug happens, I wasn't knocked off. As to the time elapsed during the fight, I never timed it but I'd estimate on the order of 6-8 minutes. It was always when in a private queue: in fact I don't think we have ever queued in a public queue. In practice, everyone always uses a private queue because it gives us control over who replaces anyone who leaves and allows for faster replacements (especially since it seems that no one ever queues solo).

When the bug manifests, we'll see "Defeat Ras Nsi complete", but then nothing else happens -- no chests, no exit portal. Our only recourse is to jump off the platform, release, and try again.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    *Does this loot issue occur for everyone in the group or just certain party members?
    Yes all

Private, dont know about public

2-5 min

*What class were you?
    CW, OP, DC, DC, GF, TR

-

-

-

I think maybe "Ras Nsi has been defeated" text comes up BEFORE he gets pushed off by the ghost when it bugs.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    If ya don’t fully kill em you get your loot -w- Get em low enough to kill themselve
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Everyone.
    Note there is a separate issue (common to all dungeons) where if a player disconnects before the treasure spawns they are unable to open the chests, even if the chests do spawn in for ToNG.

I have had the bug occur in Private and Public Queue, but we always pre-build groups before going in.

Duration doesn't seem to affect it specifically. However these days Ras takes 3-5 minutes.

*What class were you?
    I have had it happen when playing DC and OP.

It happens mostly when defeated 0 times.
    In case you mean individual PCs, if my OP dies the party is probably wiping so...0. DC I couldn't recall if it died on that run.

Not relevant.

Not relevant.

In fact I've had it happen with no party member deaths and 2 or 3 people being dead at the end.

2 current theories I've heard are that if you die while Ras is dying and are not alive again before the chests spawn it will bug and that if you are damaging him when he is in his death sequence it will bug. Neither of these seem to be certainties for causing the bug, but certainly I haven't had him bug on runs where dps slows down and no one is dead when the whole death sequence is complete.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    > @obsidiancran3 said:
    > *Does this loot issue occur for everyone in the group or just certain party members?
    > Everyone.
    > Note there is a separate issue (common to all dungeons) where if a player disconnects before the treasure spawns they are unable to open the chests, even if the chests do spawn in for ToNG.
    >
    > *Were you in a private or public queue group?
    > I have had the bug occur in Private and Public Queue, but we always pre-build groups before going in.
    >
    > *How long did the fight last?
    > Duration doesn't seem to affect it specifically. However these days Ras takes 3-5 minutes.
    >
    > *What class were you?
    > I have had it happen when playing DC and OP.
    >
    > *How many times were you defeated?
    > It happens mostly when defeated 0 times.
    > In case you mean individual PCs, if my OP dies the party is probably wiping so...0. DC I couldn't recall if it died on that run.
    >
    > *At what point of the fight were you defeated?
    > Not relevant.
    >
    > *Did you fall or knocked off the platform during the fight? If so, when?
    > Not relevant.
    >
    > In fact I've had it happen with no party member deaths and 2 or 3 people being dead at the end.
    >
    > 2 current theories I've heard are that if you die while Ras is dying and are not alive again before the chests spawn it will bug and that if you are damaging him when he is in his death sequence it will bug. Neither of these seem to be certainties for causing the bug, but certainly I haven't had him bug on runs where dps slows down and no one is dead when the whole death sequence is complete.

:3 Ye like I said if ya have your team slow down of the deeps right near the end allowing em to do thier lil’ Scene not fully-fully offing em, you’ll get chu’s loot with Nu issue. ^•^
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Everyone.

Private Queueing.

6-8 minutes.

*What class were you?

Guardian Fighter. #MIMICKING

2-4 times.

Mid casting moves most likely in the beginning, mid, or 1 shotted near the end. I used some scrolls.

Never did during it.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    From what I’ve seen the bug occurs when you respawn as the rewards for seals are being given. If you died and are in the loading screen from respawning while the reward has been given the chest glitch occurs. If you have fully respawned to the campfire or are waiting dead or dying while the reward is given you can open the chest.
  • theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Happened to myself and Nemesis_Aut. We ended up having to kill the final boss 5 times. The first four times someone had fallen off the platform at some point during the fight. On the 5th time no one fell off and the chests spawned. (In fact the GF who had been consistently falling off left and a new player came in with stickier boots so I suppose it could be that a new player came in or simply that no one fell off during the fight)

Maybe its as simple as that?

Everyone
    Private
    30 mins before the 5 x boss effort
    *What class were you?
    DC
    none
    not defeated, killed the boss each time
    one party member did during the main phases.
    Post edited by theopv on
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    What I've noticed in the last bug appearance, is that there was no soulmonger recharge phase, the one where Ras Nisi is invulnerable wand we are supposed to get hit relative to how the bar filled.
    It didn't happen, Ras Nisi died, and it bugged, it wasn't fast burn, it's something with the trigger for that phase and with it I think it brings the rest of the triggers out of sync.
  • spineskin666spineskin666 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    in each of the videos we already fail to get the loot once, but maybe it helps

https://youtube.com/channel/UCZCKe9Jrka4AScpesZPW6UQ/featured
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    In this video we joined Queue, completed dungeon with one sweep. Ras Nsi dies but we don't get the completion/loot. We go back, kill Ras Nsi and then the loot appears.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uNUYbWM8JVI&feature=youtu.be
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    adinosii said:

And yes, if you are looking into this, it would be nice if you could fix the bugged rockfall trap as well....there is a workaround - get a TR into the group, have him slip through, and then the whole group just suicides and reappears on the other side, but it is annoying.
    From the groups I've been in we've been able to replicate this by having more than one player pick up stones or set them down at the same time. It bugs when more than one player attempts to grab the same stone at the same time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    *Does this loot issue occur for everyone in the group or just certain party members? Everyone

*Were you in a private or public queue group? Private

*How long did the fight last? 5ish minutes?

*What class were you? DC (Had a CW, HR, OP and 2nd DC)

*How many times were you defeated? 0

*At what point of the fight were you defeated? N/A

*Did you fall or knocked off the platform during the fight? If so, when? NO

Strong melt group all in a party who could communicate effectively. We burned him and the souls no problem, but no loot.

Since this point, we've done the same thing with 100% loot drops. We slow the killing of the boss in the last bar of health. The DC's backed off the buffs and DPS backed off of the major hits and DOT's. Once the ending chat begins where Acererak begins telling Ras Nsi he failed, we all immediatly run away and stop hitting him. We've determined as long as Ras Nsi has a little health left, we're good and getting loot.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    Thank you for putting so close with the chest, we go out to get the loot, it is better if you move the door a bit further.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    - Entire party
    - Private
    - between 5 -8 minutes
    *What class were you?
    - GWF
    -See video
    - See video
    -See video
    Video 1, not complete fight, no chests: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnUakg2k5eUXhiTwgIpGiN4ey6SB
    Video 2, complete fight, no chests: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnUakg2k5eUXhiNxlI9CdaIz1rKa
    Video 3, complete fight, with chests: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnUakg2k5eUXhiKPIUnB3m30O8mK

Third time was a charm. I didn't think to start video before first fight. That was my first run that day.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    If my experience is anything to go by, it's when Ras Nsi's health ticks down to 0 before he actually gets knocked off the platform by Acererak.
  • jettaukjettauk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    There are actually 2 bugs with the final chests that seem to be getting mixed up in these posts:

Bug 1: affects everyone, the boss dies but no chests spawn and no portal. Everyone needs to wipe and fight boss again

Bug 2: affects individuals, if a players dies at the end but doesn’t release in time, the chests spawn but that player cannot interact or open them. Other players are fine.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    jettauk said:

There are actually 2 bugs with the final chests that seem to be getting mixed up in these posts:

Bug 1: affects everyone, the boss dies but no chests spawn and no portal. Everyone needs to wipe and fight boss again

Bug 2: affects individuals, if a players dies at the end but doesn’t release in time, the chests spawn but that player cannot interact or open them. Other players are fine.

Adding to bug 2, or maybe this is just mean by design, if you fall off the platform in the final tip while the boss leaves, and potentially don't spawn fast enough, you cant open the chests while others can. There does not seem to be a workaround to open the chests.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I think it's pretty clear what happens:
    Ras Nsi tags out of combat so it doesn't recognize any party member that defeat him and hence the error.
    This must be an unintended consequence of some anti-exploit feature somewhere in the code (no player = no reward or something).
    The health % remaining is not a factor. I saw him bug with almost 5%.
    Whenever I mark him, before he falls, no bug happens, that's because he still has me in his aggro list, until the loot spawns.