test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Rewards

Lost City of Omu Rewards

Hey y'all! With the Lost City of Omu going onto Preview, it's time for the Module 13 rewards feedback thread! This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • 5 new Artifact Weapon sets.
  • 3 new Artifact Equipment sets.
  • New Hunt chase items.
  • Vivification of the Primal Armors.
  • Exalted weapon upgrade for new artifact weapons.
  • And other new rewards in Module 13!

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The Tyrant Set bonus isn't working with the Trophy Hunter buff.

Feedback: The Soulmonger set bonus will be too powerful with Warlocks.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Edit: Not a bug, I misread the tooltip.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    i dont really know where to post this but when a trickster rogue procs Shadow of demise on a enemy it algo gets applied on u
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401599674957561877/401599709720084483/Capturar.JPG
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Here's some stuff that I found interesting...
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018

Vivification of the Primal Armors.
    Nope nope nope

*cries*

Why? Vivification isn't bad really... You just needed to run a trial once a week.

People got it as bad in their minds cause of how relic gear worked.
    FrozenFire
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Here's some stuff that I found interesting...

Ring of the gravestriker is op
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    snotty said:

for the love of god, do we really to have new artifact gear every freaking mod? This is really getting ridiculous. I mean theres hardly a reason to go through all the trouble to max any artifact weapon since you know 3 months later there will be a new set with slightly more power.

I beg the devs, stop being so lazy. Come up with something new and stop with the campaign after campaign, HE after HE, New artifact weapon set after artifact weapon set.

Heres a great idea, come up with an random epic dungeon generator so that we don't have to run the same freaking dungeons ad nauseam. What ever happened to the secret places we could find from exploring dungeons and areas? What is/was the purpose of running castle never multiple times only to get a shard of orcus as a random drop from valindras tower?

The single biggest issue in this game is and has been for too long, the fact that rewards hardly seem worth the effort anymore

The last bis weapons was somi more than a year ago

Are the new weapons BiS or are they just another set like mod10, 11, 12 weapons with same damage?

And for the love of Selune - WHY VIVIFIED? WHY?!!!!! When Thomas Foss said "mod13 will be massive" I think he should say "mod13 will be massive... grind".

Yes they are BIS
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    The artifact sets made from the new Masterwork tasks have identical stats to old artifact sets, but have drastically increased item level.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > Feedback:
    >
    >
    > Feedback/Suggestion: Vivification and Exalting weapons
    >
    > I forsee a great deal of rage with these two mechanics. Make the materials for Vivification and Exaltation BOUND TO ACCOUNT (If they are not already BtA already).
    >
    > It's not a secret that players absolutely LOATHED the original Vivified armor.
    >
    > While I think the dev team learned from the mistakes of the past, I suspect the materials for Vivification and Exaltation are currently character bound.
    >
    > If this is the case, you will create a scenario for Cradle of the Death God much like Module 10.5 Svardborg: the DPSers all need their new weapons, but need to rely on the characters which are in short supply. Thus, this creates a race to get all the support players quickly before the support players get everything they need and run off. Once these support players get everything they need, you won't see anyone run the trial anymore, which is the case with Svardborg at the moment.
    >
    > I know that the idea behind special gear is that you worked your *** off to get that gear on that particular character and it should give you a sense of pride and acomplishment, but what's the point of making it character bound?
    >
    > If the materials are accountbound, you still need to beat the new trial to get the materials, what's the difference between winning the trial on your support character vs. a main character? It's not like playing support means you can't get away with knowing nothing about DPS. I would bet the new trial requires everyone to know their roles, and others' roles, in order to succeed.
    >
    > In short, please make the weapon exalting and armor vivification materials Bound to Account. Leaving it as BtC helps nobody and only creates more rage in a fairly fragmented community.

This is extremely important , read this over and over again
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Holy HAMSTER frozenfire, that ring, chest and so on... AAAAAAAAAA this gear seems so good.
    Man, this is gonna be one big effin' grind. How do you get those rings? Hunts? :c

Also, new set - does it have any cooldown on the power?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Vivifying is broken, for some items at least.

Vivifying only seems to work as intended for 3 out of 8 of the DC Primal items. In those cases you get something like the "Testimony of the Brave Cleric, Vol. I" but for the rest, you get something like this

That is, no reagents, the wrong final item and 0% chance of success.

And yes, don't you lose transmutes, slotted enchants and armor kits when vivifying? Maybe there should be a warning message in that case.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Does Primal set proc upon getting overhealed - if we lose say 5% health and we get healed for 50k or whatever, does that still proc it? Because right now, that set seems like it's exclusive for tanks as they're usually the only ones getting hit a lot.

Also, how do you get the new sets? I can't seem to find them anywhere - are they at the end of the quest line?
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I wonder what's the BiS set now. There are quite a lot of damage increased sets, but one catches my eye : the one that gives 1k power, defense, recovery, arp and critical strike.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    @hypervoreian While you are right, I want to note that these added DPS items are rather cosmetical than useful. "Endgame" players are mostly racing against each other on the Paingiver chart, because contentwise there's no challenge to be had, just grind. These things are just making the TONG runs faster and more reachable for players.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Upper primal pants (and not paints,as the text implies :P ) =+3% daily damage

Seems like they are actually paints, as in body paint
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    OK, the following post is a bit long, but what I am going to do is to go through the new "BiS" gear for my class in the new mod, and, well, review the various items.

First, a bit of background. Mod 13 introduces quite a few items with higher IL than existing items. This appeals to existing BiS players who basically want to maintain their BiS status. However, for that to work, the new items must in some sene be better or more desirable than existing items - otherwise there is no good reason to upgrade - IL increase by itself does not qualify as "a good reason".

Now, my main is a DO DC, which is pretty much at BiS status - Primal gear, MW II weapons, R3/R14 enchants etc - total IL Of 17.2K or so (missing all PvP boons and such). So, yea - I am clerary a part of the "target audience" for the new gear.

So, are the new items really better than the old ones - does the gear really appeal to me (specificlly, in group context)?

Vivified Primal Armor (OK)

For me, as a DO DC, the primal Armor is just about perfect. (That's not the case for my AC loadout, but never mind that). The vivified armor has the same distribution of stats as the other one, just slightly higher values, so yes. It is worthwhile for me to get this. So, good job here.

Masterwork III Armor (DECENT)

The Bronzewood armor pieces are decent. They do not appeal to me, but they have a different distribution of stats than the Primal items, so they might be useful for some builds, like an AC power-sharing one.

Upper Primal Paints (FAIL)

Utterly, utterly useless for me. You see, my important daily is Hallowed Ground, and it does not do any damage at all. My AC loadout is slightly better off, as Annointed Army does slight damage, but it's not enough for this to be relevant. The shirt may have uses for me when playing solo and using Flame Strike, but I think I will stick with the Shirt of the Chultan Merchant, as it actually has a bonus that is relevant in a group.

Lower Primal Paints (FAIL)

Totally Irrelevant. No Power, No Pecovery. No relevant to any of my loadouts. Sure, I might want those pants for one of my DPS characters, but as far as my main is concerned, they don't give any stats I need. I will stick with my IL 435 Gemmed Exquisite pants, thank you.

Tyrant/Primal/Pilgrim/Pioneer/MW3 Weapons (FAIL)

The new weapon sets are a big, big disappointment to me. Sure, some of them may be great for DPS classes, but not a single one of them is of interest to me, or helps me do my job better. I am currently using the Brightsilver weapons which are great for support classes. Increase outgoing damage by 2% for everyone on the team and decrease incoming damage by 2%. However, not a single one of the new weapon sets are team focused, or really suitable for a support character.
    • Tyrant increases my personal damage by up to 10% - that's less useful to the group than my current 2% increase for everyone.
    • Primal also gives a personal DPS boot - Again, less useful than a smaller group boost.
    • Pilgrim gives a 5-10% DPS boost - Once again, less useful than what I currently have.
    • Pioneer gives a +1000 boost to various stats. Useful, but once again, it will not help me do my job better.
    • MW III weapons are a bit too unpredictable, and a bit unclear. My first act in combat in a group is typically to cast HG on the ground. That's not Damage, Healing or Dodge, so what happens?
    I had really hoped that with all the new weapon sets, there would be ONE set which was meant for support characters like me, but no - this is quite frankly pretty demotivating.

Masterwork III Neck/Waist (?)

The stats for those items are clearly wrong, so I cannot comment on those.

Artifacts (FAIL)

None of the new artifacts appeal to me.
    • Soul Sight Crystal might be interesting in PvP, but is not terribly useful for a support character in a group.
    • Skull Lord Staff does nothing for me.
    • Decanter of Atropal Essence increases my personal damage, but not have useful stats or powers for me.

Artifact Equipment (FAIL or OK)

The "...of the Serpent" set might be fine for a tank, but it is useless to me. However, the Skill Lord and Atropal Essence sets at least have a stat bonus that is useful for me (+WIS +CHA). However, the really odd thing is that they have significantly higher IL than existing items, but the same stats (+846, +530, +530) Now, if that's just an error, and they are really supposed to have higher stats, those items might be great for me. I hope so, at least.

Hunts of Omu items (FAIL)

Several of the Hunt rewards have interesting or colorful effects, which might be useful under some circumstances. However, the only item I would consider using is the +5 Ring of the Gravestriker (2 Offensive slots, +1000 Power when at 85%+ health). No other items will help me do my job better.

Makos and Eku treasures (FAIL)

Those IL 465 items do not seem to have anything to offer me, but they are all BtA, so if I get them, I can give them to some of my less-geared alts, so, not all bad....just not something I want for my main character.

Omu Curiosities (OK)

I really like the Chain of Scales. It would possibly replace my Adorable Pocket Pet if I got it.

Ring of the Shadowstalker is also a great addition. It goes on my "most wanted" list.

The bottom line: For me as a "close to BiS" support character, there are a few items in Mod 13 that I want, but it is a significant disappointment that support characters like me were completely ignored regarding weapons - not a single one of the new weapon sets is suitable for a support character like me in a group.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User

I haven't gotten a hold of one of these to actually test it, but based on the description I highly doubt this item is very balanced in PVP if a character is built around proccing it.

+1
    i had to read the description twice before i could believe it but please dear devs, do not create such a thing
    There is another item dealing 5% after using an encounter, which is ridiculous too.
    Please dont do this

@adinosii
    I mean, it's great that you play a support, and you should enjoy that, but none of these items were really meant to make DCs any better. I mean, they're already the class that's highest in demand.

From my perspective, most of these changes are HAMSTER brilliant. I'm not too certain about weapons (pilgrim weapons only being available from the zen store, uncertainty of drop rate of spinethrasher, and how the primal set works so it's exclusive to tanks if you want to get that bonus it seems), but since you're a DC, you'll be healing stuff, and you'll get the healing and recovery bonus, and you'll get that bonus a lot since you'll be spamming dailies.

Rings were made mostly for the defensive crowd since M12 had all offense slot enchants.
    Artifacts aren't that good for me either, only the soulsight is half decent, but everyone is still using WoE 'cause it's better.
    The pants are kinda HAMSTER, but I ain't complaining. Shirt is pretty decent for me, but nothing extraordinary.

Conclusion: just because you can't use it doesn't mean others can't. Besides, they're trying to shift from the 2x DC meta now, so no wonder they didn't exactly give you any really big things to use. As I like saying, giving the chocolate, taking away the heart medication.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

I haven't gotten a hold of one of these to actually test it, but based on the description I highly doubt this item is very balanced in PVP if a character is built around proccing it.

+1
    i had to read the description twice before i could believe it but please dear devs, do not create such a thing
    There is another item dealing 5% after using an encounter, which is ridiculous too.
    Please dont do this

Yea pvp just lol 350k pal will have fun for sure .... and lets not forget the Tr using daily every 10 sec haha will be a feast ....
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    adinosii said:

@adinosii
    I mean, it's great that you play a support, and you should enjoy that, but none of these items were really meant to make DCs any better. I mean, they're already the class that's highest in demand.

It is not about making my character better. It's about giving every class something that motivates them to play, to grind and get the new gear. My point is that there is a lot of gear that is just great for the DPS classes, but that the support classes were ignored a bit - I want a goal too - something to aim for. I don't think it's too much to ask when 6 new weapon sets are introduced to make one of them suitable for support classes.
    I see what you're saying, but as a DC main I'm still pretty excited about these.

(I loaded up preview and PROPHECY OF DOOM ACTUALLY WORKS CORRECTLY holy GERBIL it's SO GOOD!)
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Does the new trial have a chance to drop Ultimate Enchanting Stones?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression