test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fashion Bag

uimavenuimaven Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
Hey all you fashionistas, we know that it's been a tough tradeoff for you between having the wardrobe of your dreams versus having enough inventory space to play the game. So a new feature of M13 is the Fashion Bag!

Your Fashion Bag is a new tab on your inventory window, which replaces your "Idle Companions" bag (Idle Companions are now accessible from the Companions UI only). All fashion items now go into this new bag; you will not be able to put fashion items into your main inventory. Fashion items can also still go into your bank, as normal.

All your existing fashion items in inventory will be automatically transferred to your new Fashion Bag. If you had more than 24 in your inventory, the remainder will be in your Overflow bag. To get fashion items out of overflow, use the item menu or drag-and-drop the fashion item to the fashion tab itself (the tab with the purple mask) or to your bank. If you find that you still need more closet space, you can buy more fashion bag slots, in blocks of 12, from the Zen Market.

Equipping fashion items remains the same; drag and drop from the Fashion Bag or use the buttons beside each fashion slot.

Is this useful? Does it work like you'd expect? Tell us what you think!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When I logged in I noticed that some of my fashion automatically transferred to my new fashion bag, but my Waterdhavian Coronet was missing. I checked my bags and bank and couldn't find it anywhere.

Feedback: I wish the fashion bag was available sooner! Can you travel back in time so I can already have all the extra space for my outfits!?
Post edited by asterdahl on

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    So if we have over 24 fashion items, we are going to be forced to either buy more slots or use our bank slots (rather than the bags we already store stuff in), and until we do one or the other, we are forced to deal with overflow?

What happened to this being unlimited like the unique items tab?

Edit: Also, since we cant buy additional slots from the Zen store on preview, what happens? I have around 40 fashion items on my main.
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    This is great, thanks for listening, uimaven.

Some day I would love to see the fashion doll in my character sheet (what my character looks like when I switch to the fashion outfit, I don't know what else to call it) to include more than 3 slots. I would love to be able to slot into my fashion outfit actual pieces of equipment that look good and fit with the fashion pieces. Of course, only equipment items that actually have an appearance (armor, wrists, feet, head, pants and shirt). Maybe some day... :)

But in the mean time the fashion tab will be a great help.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    OK, like the posters before me mentioned, if you fill up your 24 items right away, like this:

then any new fashion items you get will go into your overflow bag, blocking various things ("You cannot do this if you have items in your overflow bag" and so on).

Now, I shouldn't complain - I mean, this is like getting 24 new free bank slots, and I can just leave the rest of my fashion items in my bank, but this is not what I wanted to see.

Yes, I would have liked to have this bigger than 24, so I could have put all my fashion items there, and if the Zen cost for additional items is low enough, I might by more slots (24 more would be just emough for me), but if the cost of the slot is similar to, say, the cost of bank slots, I'll pass....and just leave the rest of the fashion in the bank - after all, I just freed up 24 slots there.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Finally,
    Thanks, all small wishes are fulfilled.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2018
    The goal of the bag size is to make it big enough that most players won't bump into the limit, and that fashion collectors can cheaply increase the bag size. I don't remember the exact cost and size increase, but our goal isn't to make big money off the fashion bag capacity increasers, just to put a very small speed bump so not every character's database size gets unlimitedly huge. Before we launch, we'll get statistics of how many fashion items each character has, and set the limit to something that only dedicated fashionistas will hit.
    Post edited by miasmat on
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    miasmat said:

The goal of the bag size is to make it big enough that most players won't bump into the limit, and that fashion collectors can cheaply increase the bag size. I don't remember the exact cost and size increase, but our goal isn't too make big money off the fashion bag capacity increasers, just to put a very small speed bump so not every character's database size gets unlimitedly huge. Before we launch, we'll get statistics of how many fashion items each character has, and set the limit to something that only dedicated fashionistas will hit.

So no response to how all fashion items over 24 purchased in mods 1-12b are unable to be used? Or if characters with more than 24 bound items will be able to be played on m13 launch? While I appreciate the effective increase in inventory space, I would rather be able to use my items and play my character.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    @thestia the design at the moment is for people with more than 24 (or whatever we finally decide the default bag size should be) should put some in the bank or buy fashion bag extra slots for something cheap from the Zen Market.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I'm glad to finally see this getting implemented, so thanks for that, but...

While I luckily don't have so many "fashion" items to cause problems with the size limit like others are worried about, I do have a different disappointment. I was assuming this would include level 1 transmute items and possibly dyes too. On the other hand, if that were the case, I'd be in just as much trouble on fashion bag space as everyone else here.

I'm sure you don't want to grandfather in huge fashion bag space for people with a lot of stuff, but perhaps a reasonable compromise would be to continue with the overflow bag for fashion, but don't let it trigger the normal penalties like for overflow in the normal inventory. I imagine that's not as simple to implement as it sounds, but it would prevent people being jammed up when the mod hits and allow them to buy more space or remove items at their leisure. Otherwise, they may have to emergency-toss a bunch of fashion items or spend a bunch of zen before they can really start playing the game when the new mod hits.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    miasmat said:

@thestia the design at the moment is for people with more than 24 (or whatever we finally decide the default bag size should be) should put some in the bank or buy fashion bag extra slots for something cheap from the Zen Market.

I think it's unreasonable to say that in mod 13 to use items I already paid for, I must pay again. That's my issue with this implementation. You can't use fashion from your bank, you must transfer it to your closet to equip it. You can't keep fashion in your inventory, it *must* be in the closet or in the bank. That means any item over 24 is a brick in my inventory until I pay again.

In addition, if I choose not to pay, it's permanently stuck in overflow unless I prepare for this change by putting all fashion into my bank. Perhaps not everyone will be reading preview forums, and as a result, they will either have to pay or have to discard their fashion if they don't have space in their bank for it.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    miasmat said:

The goal of the bag size is to make it big enough that most players won't bump into the limit, and that fashion collectors can cheaply increase the bag size. I don't remember the exact cost and size increase, but our goal isn't to make big money off the fashion bag capacity increasers, just to put a very small speed bump so not every character's database size gets unlimitedly huge. Before we launch, we'll get statistics of how many fashion items each character has, and set the limit to something that only dedicated fashionistas will hit.

Empty cells do not increase database size

There's no reason to not make this new space equivalent to the space allowed in the professions tab... you already have people asking for the ability to pay for increasing that space, so get the money there, as those needing either is a very niche case and you have more to risk rolling out a new feature with major pain for an unknown number of players
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    miasmat said:

Keep in mind some of us have resisted buying fashion items because we didn't want to take up much room. Make the tab larger and I know I will go ahead and buy more than I have today.

EDIT: I went and counted and with my six characters there is an average of four sets of fashion I have not bought because of the lack of space. Each set represents three items so my average character would really have 12 additional fashion items above what they have now.

Don't misunderstand me, I love what you are trying to do here @miasmat I just think the starting number is unrealisticly low.
    Post edited by dafrca#4810 on
  • someone3x7#7846 someone3x7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @preechr#2215 said:
    > Empty cells do not increase database size
    >

Not necessarily true. One wouldn't normally use a relational database or relational backend for the data that is going to get hammered. While space efficient they consume alot more cpu and bandwidth.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I'm amazed that some people have 20+ fashion items, let alone 130+

Just...wow. :D;)<3

Great implementation. Actually, an amazing implementation. I know my girl will find this more useful than me. I like to keep one set of fashion items and that's it :)
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    VERY welcome change! I'm not a fashionista, but over four years of playing, the fashion items from all the events have piled up (and then there are the Zen/Tradebar fashion sets, the fashion sets from starter packs, etc. I can handle buying more slots with Zen as long as the ceiling is very high.

OT suggestion: move magic/riches/weapons reclaimed resources to the Useful Items tab.

OT suggestion #2: You know this is coming. Transmutes tab! Do you have any idea how much it hurts to store all those non-stackable, character-bound Winter Festival items???
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • varixo#7114 varixo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Bug/feedback: Where is bag for companions?
    Or I miss something?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @mroczpal check your character sheet. The companion part. Click idle companions.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @miasmat I would be very careful with the word "cheap". Pretty sure devs don't make prices in the ZEN store. If they did we would all have shiny toys.
    edited January 2018
    mroczpal said:

Bug/feedback: Where is bag for companions?
    Or I miss something?

You're right. Where is the companions tab? Removing it will not go over well.

Please don't just remove it. If anything, give us the option of removing it via checkboxes or something.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    miasmat said:

We removed the Idle Companies tab from the main inventory window because we couldn't figure out a reason why you'd need to look at your idle companions in isolation.

Normally you don't. You may want to, if you are checking if you already own a particular companion or not - bu t that's really only useful for collectors.

I'm absolutely fine with the new method.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

I like to keep one set of fashion items and that's it :)

I assume you are not alone in this. So I am curious, do you just toss any you do get to keep it at one set?

Even without buying fashion sets I have two or three sets on some of my character. The Dragonborne pack alone brought two sets.
    edited January 2018
    miasmat said:

We removed the Idle Companies tab from the main inventory window because we couldn't figure out a reason why you'd need to look at your idle companions in isolation. The idle companions are built into the normal companion UI now because swapping them into the active slots (or discarding them) are the only actions available, so it made sense to group the UIs together (kinda like how all the mount management stuff is built into the Mounts tab). I know it's a change to go looking in a different window if you're used to looking in the main inventory window, but we hope it'll make more sense after a short adjustment period (especially for new players).

The reason having it in a smaller separate window is useful is for the (many) times we're searching for just the "right" companion for a particular situation we are in. We can still see what's going on (especially the chat window!) but we can also mouseover companions to inspect their active powers.

That said, can I envision a better way to do it? You betcha. A tabular display that let us sort (or reverse-sort!) by certain criteria wold be a great help:
    - slot type (offense x 3, offense x 2, defense x 1, offense x 1, defense x 2, defense x 3)
    - active bonus type (power, defense, armor penetration, ..., special)
    - companion type (striker, controller, leader, augment)
    - the name we gave it (e.g. sort Teelu the Redcap Powrie on "Teelu")
    - the name of its generic type (e.g. sort Teelu the Redcap Powrie on "Redcap Powrie")
    - rank (white, green, blue, purple, orange)
    - current level
    - equippable item types (neck, waist, ring, etc.)

Ideally such a UI would let us select what additional information to display via something like a check box.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    hopping we get an armory fashion tab for the cta + other weapons/armor sets/cloacks transmutes *-*
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    miasmat said:

We removed the Idle Companies tab from the main inventory window because we couldn't figure out a reason why you'd need to look at your idle companions in isolation. The idle companions are built into the normal companion UI now because swapping them into the active slots (or discarding them) are the only actions available, so it made sense to group the UIs together (kinda like how all the mount management stuff is built into the Mounts tab). I know it's a change to go looking in a different window if you're used to looking in the main inventory window, but we hope it'll make more sense after a short adjustment period (especially for new players).

This was a really exciting side effect of the addition of the fashion bag. Much easier to see all your companions at once in one window rather than scrolling down and then forgetting if you'd seen one earlier on in the list, and it makes a lot of sense to have it embedded in the normal UI. Love this change!

To second some people above, while this addition is very welcome and exciting, I do wish that somehow the transmutes could also find a home here, like the zillion scarves from winter festival I don't want to discard but are basically just taking up space. I get that the transmutes change your normal gear and the fashion items are on a separate "look" it would still be nice if they were somehow able to be grouped together.

Overall, my inventory and sense of style are really excited for this change.