What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP observations mod 12.5 (XBox one)

2»

Comments

• theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

Guess we'll have to see how it will play out with future patch notes. Knockbaks in Neverwinter are considered prones. So that will be an interesting trick lol. Either going to be a new CC, or a different type of animation or something. Well, they said in PvE it wont change. Man thats weird.

Just going to have to wait and find out.

We can have a knockback without a prone, but we can't have a prone without a knockback. So allowing the power to still knockback but not have the target go prone isn't particularly tricky.
    So they will just be flying in the air like a DC's Sunburst? Thats considered a prone even though they are not knocked back onto the ground. So ?? Is it going to be a Daze or a Stun or something?

I get what you are saying, but I just don't see how it won't be considered a prone type CC if it's going to mimic Sunburst similarly with the knockback.
    I think dev meant it's gonna be more like pushing away... you know... something like paladin's relentless avenger hahaha
    That still makes no sense though. While you are flying you are still considered prone. Thats why I don't see how they are going to do this.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    vordayn said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

Guess we'll have to see how it will play out with future patch notes. Knockbaks in Neverwinter are considered prones. So that will be an interesting trick lol. Either going to be a new CC, or a different type of animation or something. Well, they said in PvE it wont change. Man thats weird.

Just going to have to wait and find out.

We can have a knockback without a prone, but we can't have a prone without a knockback. So allowing the power to still knockback but not have the target go prone isn't particularly tricky.
    So they will just be flying in the air like a DC's Sunburst? Thats considered a prone even though they are not knocked back onto the ground. So ?? Is it going to be a Daze or a Stun or something?

I get what you are saying, but I just don't see how it won't be considered a prone type CC if it's going to mimic Sunburst similarly with the knockback.
    From the Neverwinter gamepedia: "Prone - Being knocked prone causes the target to fall to the ground. While prone, creatures cannot use abilities or move until they get back up."

Sunburst never proned anything, so I don't know where you are getting that idea. Your second sentence used the term knockback, that is exactly what it is. He said it is going to be a knockback, so no, it isn't going to be a Daze, or Stun or something.
    There is no Knockback Primary type CC in Neverwinter. It has never said "Cannot active while knocked back" it has only said "Cannot activate while prone" If you ever played PvP in your life on Neverwinter you would know exactly what i'm talking about. Your attempt to "school me" was a failure.

Heres a video for reference. The only CC types are Prones, Dazes, Stuns, Interruptions, Disables, Immobilized, and Rooted. Other types like Slows, and Knockbacks, Upheaval's are not primary CC's and aren't displayed on the screen.

So I will repeat myself. What type of CC will it be if it will not prone. Knockbacks in Neverwinter are considered a prone. Is it going to be a prone as you are flying but not on the ground animation prone? Still wont make a difference then. It will be like a Sun Burst. Which you still can't press anything for a second after you are air prone for that total duration.

They probably did this change for the "cheap" combo to go away and also no more prone debuff. Aka all your defense resistances gone while prone.

Videos displaying "Knockbacks" Including GF's BC and an OP's RA. Main focus is the DC's SB. While flying (Knock back) game considers both prone. That can be said about all 3 though. However Sun Burst is the only one that I am talking about here as the similarity to the new Bull Charge and still a question left unanswered.

Guardian Fighter Bull Charge: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The Guiido/video/47453787

Oathbound Paladin Relentless Avenger: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The Guiido/video/47453915

Devoted Cleric Sunburst: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The Guiido/video/47453899 <-----
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    theguiido said:

Heres a video for reference. The only CC types are Prones, Dazes, Stuns, Interruptions, Disables, Immobilized, and Rooted. Other types like Slows, and Knockbacks, Upheaval's are not primary CC's and aren't displayed on the screen.

So I will repeat myself. What type of CC will it be if it will not prone. Knockbacks in Neverwinter are considered a prone.

That's not quite right. We don't have a "prone" power type behind the scenes. There is "Knockback" and that knockback has the option to knock someone down (prone) as well.
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User

I Haven't seen an Xbox one mod 12.5 PvP feedback thread yet so I'm making one. Here are my 2 cents regarding the new PvP changes. Feel free to add, agree, disagree with whatever:

1. TRs continue to be the class with the most burst damage (unavoidable) with shadow of demise, control, survivability and cc in PvP. The "Recovery" (30k plus recovery stat) or "perma cb" rogue can still drop smokebombs back to back while spamming encounter powers/dailies and controlling an entire node, while still being able to kill relatively fast. Also regarding smokebomb, having it add 1 stack per use means you will almost never become immune from one TR doing this. As a result smokebomb is and will continue to be the most overpowered cc effect in the game.

2. CC diminishing returns does not seem very uniform. Some control effects from items, enchants and boons do not seem to add stacks (thunderhead, curse ring, impenetrable jungle, etc), while others seem to add them too fast ( wizard control powers, trappers, etc). This either results in being CC immune really fast, or stunned for a solid 30 seconds unable to use a power. Initial CC is very strong which is fine, but imo system should be ironed out a little further.

3. Old school mod 5 feel returns with healing suppression and armor penetration suppression increases. Now you actually have to watch your health, use powers actively to survive, and make tactical retreats when needed. Overall a great job in this regard. Also removal of tenacity is a huge step forward in bringing new players to PvP.

4. Permanent solo q is great as well despite issues with players not playing and matchmaking issues with team balance. I'm not sure if anything can be done to fix this though because of low pvp player population.

5. Regarding solo q, certain classes are really strong when stacked on one side of a team, while others seem less so (not taking into account player skill). TRs, GFs, and OPs are tough to kill and can make a match lopsided when there are two on the same team. GWFs, SWs, CWs, and HRs have the opposite effect. DCs are kind of in the middle depending on what build they are (DPS or healing).

Overall though significantly better than last mod in regards to progress.

We are continuing to make small steps towards better PvP balance. Some of that is difficult because of imbalances in neverwinter as a whole that we are also working towards as balance in both PvE and PvP are concerns.

As far as TRs, for M14 we have a change in for Shadow of Demise where it will be 75% of MITIGATED damage. This should provide a reduction to the ability in PvP while giving it a boost in PvE. It now also has a small DoT applied to it when it first lands which is a bit of an experiment to see how that feels, allowing it to add some benefit to PvE when things are killed so fast the full proc can't go off, and to help people notice they have SoD on them in PvP.

Shadowborn got a slight boost to go with these changes.

To go with that Smoke Bomb will now respect CC reduction in PvP, meaning the daze will last a shorter duration as you get more stacks of CC reduction, even when you are still standing in the smoke cloud.

Guardian Fighter got a change to Bull Charge, where it will no longer make a PvP target go prone (no changes to PvE). It will still knock back.

We continue to explore with different PvP modifiers as well as look for changes we can make for any given module to bring a better sense of balance overall.

Good to hear you guys are finally getting round to changing SOD even if I don't get why you just don't apply this change immediately. Just with that you'd see an flow of players to pvp immediately.

Regarding GF, I think you are missing the bigger point here that the GF's burst is far too big in combo with stunlocks and self-buffs. Bullcharge change is a bandaid fix, although having a proning encounter that can easily get to about 10 second cooldown is imo too powerful for any class. Fix the crazy burst instead and no need to change bullcharge prone (or increase its cooldown too). Why did you opt to change bullcharge instead of fixing the burst?

Btw, GF aside I hope you plan to look at the GWFs burst buffed up damage too.