test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragonborn race pack

Hi, will the dragonborn race pack for 2500zen ever be added to ps4, i knew it was on x1 when i played there. Im not spending £54 for all that stuff i dont want or need.

Comments

• Options
    it exists as an add-on in a DLC pack for around 70 dollars (it includes a host of other items, and goes on sale sometimes) but if you mean just the race unlock on it's own? I'm not sure if they will. It'd be nice; I'm sure they'd make some money out of it - some people don't wanna pay that much for the dlc pack.
  • Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @shinymissingno#2379 said:
    > it exists as an add-on in a DLC pack for around 70 dollars (it includes a host of other items, and goes on sale sometimes) but if you mean just the race unlock on it's own? I'm not sure if they will. It'd be nice; I'm sure they'd make some money out of it - some people don't wanna pay that much for the dlc pack.

By your answer I don’t think that u know that on pc and Xbox Dragonborn is available from the zen store for 2500.
  • Options
    Yes im n x xbox player n bought it there 4 2500zen
  • Options

> it exists as an add-on in a DLC pack for around 70 dollars (it includes a host of other items, and goes on sale sometimes) but if you mean just the race unlock on it's own? I'm not sure if they will. It'd be nice; I'm sure they'd make some money out of it - some people don't wanna pay that much for the dlc pack.

By your answer I don’t think that u know that on pc and Xbox Dragonborn is available from the zen store for 2500.

The OP specified if it would ever be on PS4. I'm a PS4 player. On PS4, insofar as I remember from my year or so playing, Dragonborn race can only be obtained by either buying the DLC pack, or getting super lucky and receiving the Chromatic Dragonborn unlock from specific Lockboxes (unless I'm misunderstanding how the Chromatic token works). Whether it's on PC or Xbox or not isn't really relevant to the question asked, but by the wording I had assumed it WAS - my not mentioning it didn't mean I wasn't aware.
    I responded that I personally didn't think they would add it in on PS4 but I'd like them to. So really, you're the confusing one. I'm not really sure what your response has to do with the OP's question.
  • Options
    I just post hoping dev's would respond, maybe they would earn more money if they added the race only. Just a suggestion really arc/perfectworld
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I just post hoping dev's would respond, maybe they would earn more money if they added the race only. Just a suggestion really arc/perfectworld

Most likely this was part of the negotiation process with Sony. PWE agreed to make some items exclusive to the PSN store to give an incentive (more $) to Sony and the Dragonborn pack was one of the items used. It probably cannot change until whatever contract made it "PSN only" expires, or Sony decides to release its rights to sell it.
  • Options
    Its normally in the zen store, not third party related. Maybe its only on pc n x1 due the age of time its been there, only been on ps4 around a year
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Its normally in the zen store, not third party related. Maybe its only on pc n x1 due the age of time its been there, only been on ps4 around a year

It's been in the PSN store since the game released on PS4. On PC, it did start as a cash purchase direct from PWE, but was eventually moved to the Zen store to allow Zen converted from AD to be used.

On PC, except for steam wallet purchases, PWE does not need to deal with a third party and all items need to be in the Zen store or sold directly by them. There would be no other way to purchase them.

When dealing with a third party, that all changes as there becomes another way to purchase items outside of PWE's direct control and that third party wants to profit too. On PC for steam wallet users it means a delay/restrictions in using the purchased funds, on Xbox- Gold is required to play, on PSN some items are exclusive to PSN store but PS+ is not required. Different things for different platforms. The same has been true in the Zen store, some items on one platform in the store are simple unavailable for purchase on a different one. This last issue seems to have been reduced, but I can't say for certain it has been eliminated.

Discounts and purchase promos have, at times, also been different for each platform as PWE attempts to meet the wishes of Sony or Microsoft having an in-house special. They want all platforms to be the same, but logistics (affects having the same release date for new content) and economics make it an impossible task.
  • Options
    dreadking81#5640 dreadking81 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"shinymissingno#2379" said:
    > > @shinymissingno#2379 said:
    >
    > > it exists as an add-on in a DLC pack for around 70 dollars (it includes a host of other items, and goes on sale sometimes) but if you mean just the race unlock on it's own? I'm not sure if they will. It'd be nice; I'm sure they'd make some money out of it - some people don't wanna pay that much for the dlc pack.
    >
    >
    >
    > By your answer I don’t think that u know that on pc and Xbox Dragonborn is available from the zen store for 2500.
    >
    > The OP specified if it would ever be on PS4. I'm a PS4 player. On PS4, insofar as I remember from my year or so playing, Dragonborn race can only be obtained by either buying the DLC pack, or getting super lucky and receiving the Chromatic Dragonborn unlock from specific Lockboxes (unless I'm misunderstanding how the Chromatic token works). Whether it's on PC or Xbox or not isn't really relevant to the question asked, but by the wording I had assumed it WAS - my not mentioning it didn't mean I wasn't aware.
    > I responded that I personally didn't think they would add it in on PS4 but I'd like them to. So really, you're the confusing one. I'm not really sure what your response has to do with the OP's question.

right now I thinking PS4 and PC companies are having issues with one another since games like this wants to be crossed platformed. My issue is I have no interest in all the extra BS, they need to make it available some how to those that just want to play the races, I don't need to the extra stuff. its stuff like this that turns away fans, I understand you want to milk as much out of this before you kill it, but that not the correct way to go about it, don't be another WOW. D&D has its player base but if you want more out of it you need, bring the true, hardcore fans, that your money maker. Another thing get out of micro transaction and go back into merch, even maybe build your own content. Telling every gaming company out there micro transactions going to come back and bite you in the butt, long term, your wasting our time and your own.

For off and on fan, get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together, and do it right, be hero and save your own company. I honestly think this should of stayed prescription, because pay to win seems lame. Don't match with RPGs.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2018

> > @shinymissingno#2379 said:

>

> > it exists as an add-on in a DLC pack for around 70 dollars (it includes a host of other items, and goes on sale sometimes) but if you mean just the race unlock on it's own? I'm not sure if they will. It'd be nice; I'm sure they'd make some money out of it - some people don't wanna pay that much for the dlc pack.

>

>

>

> By your answer I don’t think that u know that on pc and Xbox Dragonborn is available from the zen store for 2500.

>

> The OP specified if it would ever be on PS4. I'm a PS4 player. On PS4, insofar as I remember from my year or so playing, Dragonborn race can only be obtained by either buying the DLC pack, or getting super lucky and receiving the Chromatic Dragonborn unlock from specific Lockboxes (unless I'm misunderstanding how the Chromatic token works). Whether it's on PC or Xbox or not isn't really relevant to the question asked, but by the wording I had assumed it WAS - my not mentioning it didn't mean I wasn't aware.

> I responded that I personally didn't think they would add it in on PS4 but I'd like them to. So really, you're the confusing one. I'm not really sure what your response has to do with the OP's question.

right now I thinking PS4 and PC companies are having issues with one another since games like this wants to be crossed platformed. My issue is I have no interest in all the extra BS, they need to make it available some how to those that just want to play the races, I don't need to the extra stuff. its stuff like this that turns away fans, I understand you want to milk as much out of this before you kill it, but that not the correct way to go about it, don't be another WOW. D&D has its player base but if you want more out of it you need, bring the true, hardcore fans, that your money maker. Another thing get out of micro transaction and go back into merch, even maybe build your own content. Telling every gaming company out there micro transactions going to come back and bite you in the butt, long term, your wasting our time and your own.

For off and on fan, get your HAMSTER together, and do it right, be hero and save your own company. I honestly think this should of stayed prescription, because pay to win seems lame. Don't match with RPGs.

DCUO has a single server for PC and PS4 for each region. Has been for quiet some time. FFXIV is also PC and PS4 on one server.

Cross platform between console and PC games do exist. When a game like this is on all three platforms: XBox, PS, and PC than it becomes an issue of picking which console platform to form with and that can cause an issue with the other console platform users or PC users if they have friends that only use the other console.

Originally when game companies wanted to combine servers to both console and PC it was MS that was the hold up due to it not having as many players as the PS. Since MS fixed their pricing of the console and released XBox One X they have gained some ground and now it is Sony who has closed the door for cross platform play with MS players.

If both Sony and MS opens this up, games like NWO, DCUO, ESO, etc... would be able to create one mega server for all of their platforms and do it by region. This would allow mmo games to reduce overhead which could mean additional resources used on content or improvements to the actual server setup, etc...

I been hoping that MS and Sony would drop their defensive stance and allow game companies to create a true cross platform game.

Here is to hoping...