test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR PvP mod 14. How to Archer. Updated - tl,dr version.

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited January 2018

deleted
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Even if I dropped arpen to as low as I could, I'd pick up maybe another 3k power at best. I have a legacy axebeak which tops up my arpen, but my other legendary stat bonuses are pants.

Final, final mount bonus line-up.

Guile.
    Shepherds.
    Assassins.
    Magistrates consideration.
    Magistrates patience.

I know, the last 2 are a bit of a surprise but ACT says combined they make up 5% damage. Which is better than the rest. Together they tick for about 7 or 8k a second, physical.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Magistrates consideration.
    Magistrates patience.

I was planning to try that ^^ out today.

I am running heals and two guiles. I can take a lot of hits at this point and run to recover. Wow I can dart away when I need to. This morning, I moved so fast I bounced of a wall before gaining focus of where I wanted to go. Problem is, a TR can see you while in stealth when they are near, they see a white ring on the ground. So don't run any where near them. I like how that works for them, unless they are in your face, we have no indicator.

The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Actually.... don't bother. That initial act was with dummies. In some matches just now I looked at individual magistrate hits, though the base damage is decent, the actual amount that gets through is minimal. Like a 100, or a couple of 100s. Bad, in short.

So, final, final, final mount bonus line up.

Guile.
    Shepherds.
    Assassins.
    Cavalrys warning. (Trying to get used to it)
    Beserkers rage. (worth 700 pow when ap full).

Kalina says the heals are really bad. So I kinda just went full on offence. If anything, double champions is good for an instant 30% stamina perhaps. Might go back to that, though usually, when I get hit I'm cc'd right up the kazoo, so extra stamina doesn't exactly help me. Cavalrys is pretty awesome when it pops though.
  • Options
    Ah, good info, I will avoid the Mag change then. Well, I have another thing to try out then...
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    Ok, after pushing the damage into the sky, figured it was time to improve my defences. All I can say is deflect is my new best friend.
  • Options
    Told you! ;)

I switched to the Halfling for a bit and it helped a lot but I arrived to a happy spot with the wood elf. Will try the Drow this weekend.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    Strategy. The art of advanced running away.

There comes a time in any archers life, when discretion becomes the better part of valour.

Basically, you need to run away a lot. Here's an easy to follow bullet point list of things to remember.

1) If you are cc'd just spam dodge, you might not die.

2) You're free!!! Flip to melee and hit temporary hitpoints. Don't stop running however. Drop a beartrap in front of you and run over it. Don't stop running.

3) Still not dead..? Well done. Time to think about where to run too.
    a) No-one's following you. In that case just go back to whichever node you were pew-pewing before, or wherever you are needed.
    b) There are a bunch of pissed off toons all trying to kill you. The chief point here is to realise you are almost certainly going to die. However, you have a golden opportunity to kite the hell out of the enemy. Always run toward a node the enemy has already capped, preferably their home base. There is no point leading them to one of your own nodes, because that's where they want to go anyway.

Spam dodge, spam dodge right down to the bone. Hit stealth, either ghost or ambush, whatever is up. When you do, jink 90 degrees and backtrack a bit. Hopefully the enemies will steam ahead. If you're not badly injured, try and kill them if you like, at the very least hit them with disrupt and longstriders to buff your speed and HAMSTER them off more. At this point you want them to follow you.

Use the terrain, circle pillars, go upstairs, take those toons away from the blue nodes and out of action. If you come across any distant enemy toons, potshot them, you'll do more damage to them than you will the guy 10 feet behind you.

c) So you're cornered, your running days are over. Do not go quietly into that good night dear HR, fire an aimed shot right into their nose. You never know, they might die lol.

• Options
    Ha ha yeah I am pretty much out-running everything at the moment.

I equip 2 Gladiators Guile and the Orcus Set (the Artefact gives 1k Movement). I have about 3k Movement before any procs or buffs etc. After a Longstriders and other things I am actually running faster than if I jumped on my Epic Mount and rode it lol.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Never tried double guile, could try a triple tbh lol, I have a bazillion mounts. Unfortunately I junked my orcus set a couple of mods ago when the company dex gear came out. Can't say I miss it though.
  • Options
    Double guile and 4K movement is intense. I smashed into walls before gaining focus of where I meant to go.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @wdj40 , Pissed off a rogue today, I have the vid.

Also collected my last Strat gear, not sure how the bonus will perform.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Triple guile, your arguments are invalid. And wow I run fast lol. Will try it with my strider 4k move bonus for Lulz.

Edit. Ok yes, it was insanely fast. I had no arpen, but was faster than a speeding bullet. 3 guile though, is fast enough.

Argh, just lost 6 goddamn matches in a row. Terrible pugs. I killed 25 in one match and the rest of the team still couldn't hold 2 nodes, even though I was running and capping 1 and 3 then returning to the pillar on 2 to wreak havoc.

Final final final final mount bonuses and stats:

Assassin's.
    Shepherds.
    3x guile.

70% arpen buffing to 85% (93% with glyphs).
    40k power buffing to 50+.
    ~85% crit.
    145% critsev.
    42% deflect (with shepherds + lonewolf).
    35%defence (mainly to feed assassin's tbh. 8k SH defence boon).
    150k HP (could have 188k but who wants to live forever).
    Absolutely bugger all lifesteal.
    5,000,000% run speed (approx).
    Happiness factor: high (unless pugs and/or Koors).
    Ability to kill Saber: fair.
    Ability to make Saber insane: very high.

I think min/max wise, with what I have from my usual pve gear/bank/bags, this is an as good as it gets.

Gear.
    Rex head. (arpen glyph).
    Primal chest + T.shadowclad.
    Primal hands. (deflect glyph).
    Bonespurs.
    Trailblazer weapons.
    Company dex neck
    greater dex belt.
    Brutality ring.
    Mod10 double offence ring.
    Dc sigil, giant eye, gwf sigil, cw sigil.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • Options
    Man I wish they would allow cross platform PvP.... Would have more people.around to play, with and against, in the solo queue.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    there is no point in having more then 2 guile bonuses heavy heavy heavy diminishing return to the point of useless
    you want faster mix a 2 speed mount insignia bonus with a 3 speed bonus the math works the best with that combo
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I don't think there is a 2 insignia speed bonus. It's guile or nothing I'm sure. I thought multiple mount bonuses worked like this: 1x 100, 2x 125%, 3× 150%... etc. 5x 200%. I remember from people trying to stack cavalrys warning a long time ago. So 3x guile should equal about 15+~4+~4= 23% constant bonus.

They should add some new bonuses to be honest, since healing in PvP got nerfed, most of the non-pve orientated bonuses became useless. Or some secret Easter egg ones like I dunno, Tourette syndrome bonus or something.☺ (Though many pvp'ers have that already).
  • Options
    2 Guiles are not bad, considering most of the Mount Bonuses are useless in PvP anyway. Guile is actually one of the ones which does offer a nice boost when you use 2.

It goes from 15% extra speed to 18%... Then Power converted into Stamina Gain is 18% up from 15% :)

But tool tips can be wrong etc.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Slotting two guiles and crossing the bridge over iwd pvp area made no difference in time needed to only one, so at least i found the + 3% negligible
  • Options
    Regarding mount bonuses, does anyone use combatants maneuver?

How does it work?

Does it only add + 5% damage to already existing combat advantage or do you get combat advantage when it activates on a foe?
  • Options
    When I tried the same thing with 3, a magic taxi spawned and took me to the moon.
  • Options
    Did you add the 4k movement of your leg. Mount? Since it is a+% addition this might do the trick.
  • Options
    No I just tried that for laughs, it's back to 4k arpen again.
  • Options
    Thought that when you tried it you had those 4k + active and that this counted for the difference in experiencing the speed increase.
    Because 18% from lets say 5k are more than from 1k. Or 21% in your case, but the math remains the same
  • Options
    I don't feel run speed is all that important. Stealth is at a premium for us. I added more recovery so I can mainly stay in range stance when not challenged. When I do see someone looking/walking my way I focus on them and win many of the battles. I am tankier so I do face tank until I see my health at half. I don't need to run away as much but I should.

The Terror has surprised me but feel the Dread is still best. I am working at getting another Dread. Traded mine so another HR could shine.

The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

Man I wish they would allow cross platform PvP.... Would have more people.around to play, with and against, in the solo queue.

It does get boring facing the same peeps and I have seen new toons in the Solo but yeah, it seems to have plateaued.

The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Combatants maneuver procs reliably on disruptive, in that I see the icon appear, but it doesn't give you auto combat advantage like aspect of the pack. Be amazing if it did.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure with this build how often we have combat advantage, being extreme range.

Questions:

If 2 teammates on mid have combat advantage over your target, even though you are at range, do you have combat advantage too..?

Or, if your target is between you (at extreme range) and another teammate at close range, do you get combat advantage or is there a proximity limit..?

An extra 30%-ish critsev is quite a decent boost.

Regarding run speed, it's not just for escape, it also makes you a very useful backcapper, and erm, frontcapper. Hotenow especially, with great movement, you can be anywhere on the map very quickly, and add artillery support to any of your team mates, its also useful if you are on mid, see one of the far nodes begin to turn - you can usually get there in time to kill the enemy capper, and save the node.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thx for clarifying, i dont think we have ca when far away and thats exactly why i asked for combts maneuver. If it d granted ca from afar i definitely had invested some ad but so it is kind of meh.

I will watch out for ca when two teammates are engaging to help clarify
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Cheers, I'm also curious about dread - I guess for pvp, a perfect would be enough..?
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I switched from Perfect Vorpal to T.Fey, survivability improved a lot. Also after getting used to playing this build and getting focused much, you also adapt. I switch from capping nodes, to fighting down near mid, to fighting on pillars/ upper part of the map, depending on what is needed. If my team holds home node and mid, i go on pillars to defend, while if home node is free and needs to get capped and the fight is on mid/enemy home node, i go cap. It's also important to learn which enemies must be taken down first, and focus this.
    I like it because it's finally a support DPS role in PvP that actually works fine (squishy if focused, kills chirurgically and quite fast, specific targets), and something different from the usual "be tanky and deal damage, and fight on node). When you stay on a pillar and kill 2 enemies within seconds, you're as useful as someone fighting on the node.

Depending on the enemy, i use either ArP boon or power boon. If the enemy team has no tanky toons, i go for power. If there's some strong GWF/GF/DC/OP, i go massive ArP. Not sure if it's the way to go.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Same problem here too Pando - what you gain in penetration, you lose in power - lowering effectiveness esp. with the arpen resistances. I eventually settled for a base of 70%, added bonespurs, which boost it up to 85% after 3 hits, and a red glyph which will take it to 93%. A bit of a lazy solution, but you don't lose power switching SH boons. A rnk2 GF slayer glyph and the SH slayer boon also helps lol.