test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Evocation Super Tech (KREE)

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
edited December 2017 in The Library
Few weeks ago I remembered a passive called Evocation existed. With the aid of Voodoo's computing machine equipped with ACT technology and fixed damage weapons, we determined it boosts Aura of Courage damage (when proced off AoE sources)! It also boosts half of the proc's from lightning and obviously all your AOE spells.

After some weeks of testing, mostly with a proc-heavy renegade build and 0 points in focused wizardry, I have determined a few things. Firstly, if you're Spellstorm it's not worth using on trash mobs. Secondly, it's much more effective with MoF DPS builds.
Most of this testing was done on console with Feytouch not being an option. Once we have access to a working Feytouch, the results could become even better.

The only reason this isn't the hands-down best Trash clearing passive is if you lose Aura of Courage by sloppy positioning, Evocation is now boosting a much smaller pool of damage, for lack of a better term. Even looking at standard Thaum ACT trash phase logs, the damage boosted by Focused Wiz makes up a total of roughly 25% damage (and the logs were with relatively low HP wizards). Meaning, 75% of the damage was hurt by FW :(

So anyways, feel free to continue the testing as console has reached its limit till Jan 9th.

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Aura of Courage inherits the properties of whatever procs it, it is single target when procced by single target skills and AoE when procced by AoE skills. This isn't new knowledge, I posted it in my guide the last time I updated it.

This is what the trash clear dps of a CW looks like in general, as you can see, Storm Spell is ~13% of the dps (which is a ~15% dps increase). You can also see that 75% of the damage would have been boosted by Evocation and 25% would not, which means evocation is also roughly a 15% damage increase. However, without an OP there, Evocation loses hard. You shouldn't notice much, if any difference between swapping and not swapping with an OP though.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Yes.....that is all correct, you just paraphrased exactly what I posted lol. I'm not saying inherited procs are new knowledge, it's Evocation has potentially been useable for quite some time.

Anyways, play around with it. It has a ton of potential for MoF IMO.