test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Level For Dominion

tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
And here we go!

Recently, with the implement of solo que, a lot of new player with really low GS showed up in dominion.
Most people don't understand that dominion is ( for player like me and many others) the real endgame content of the game.

This player are ruining the pvp experiance even more, the problem is that we are forced by the actual que system to have them in party.
The Results is that they are placed in a team with 15k toons, vs other 15k toons.

The final result will be that they will never go down from the campfire, or just leave the match.

First problem: you can't kick.
Second problem: the actual system don't let you kick even if the player close the game after 20 second for never come back.

The system should let the other team member to at last kick the disconnected player from the start, not after 5 minutes.
A normal match is around 8 min, how can we play 4 vs 5 ( in the rare case that the matchmaking has done a good balance between the team) for over 70% of the time.

I'd like to go with them in a tong and stay at campfire, or go with them but with a 5k item level toons.

For avoid this, i'm thinking ( just an idea ) why don't introduce an item level requirement for dominon?

A Solo que for player with an IL between 4 and 9k
A solo que for player with an IL between 9.1 and 13k
A solo que for player with an IL over 13k.

If the player with 5k wanna que in the 13k que he will not be able to do so, and having a low IL que will help them enjoying a more balanced match
even in the worste situation ( like is now is a 5k vs Monster ), getting in the same time the rewards so he will be able to buy pvp equit.

Lock the possibility to change equip, so that no one will que in the low level que and then change equip, and is done.
I really don't find usefull ruining the experiance of player that enjoy doing pvp with 5k troll.

Like a pve player will not take a 5k toons for running an endgame dungeon ( suppose that he can que for tong ),so why the que system force me to having them in a dominion?

Any suggestion is well accepted.

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I created a 2k tune for pvp just so the 5ks know how it feels lol

yes i point blanked asked the dev if the 4 hour pve kick timer applied to pvp right after it was mentioned in the dev thread and no comment .. I had concerns and here they are

you cant change lock gear on Q cause people want to do pve content while waiting..or risk alienating less people into waiting to q with these conditions/limitations or unless the system only reads a default pvp loadout tab and chooses item level from there like i have suggested even before they introduced proper item level/gear score and loadouts

players need to spawn at different point on a pvp map randomly perhaps so they cant be camped and farmed so they actually come down

bring back rewards and participation for 10 v 10 gualtlegyrm much easier to get less people together and the Q to pop
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Pve gear should not give bonuses in pvp, since pvp doesn't add bonuses in pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    pvp gear in the new mod does not give bonuses in pve to artificial reduce the item level so pve people dont complain how hard they had to grind for level 500 stuff invalidating dungeons and grinding and costs etc ..yet some pvp guy earned his "easily" and i say that in quotes

the flavors of pve gear promote build and gear diversity since they removed tenacity
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

And here we go!

Recently, with the implement of solo que, a lot of new player with really low GS showed up in dominion.
    Most people don't understand that dominion is ( for player like me and many others) the real endgame content of the game.

This player are ruining the pvp experiance even more, the problem is that we are forced by the actual que system to have them in party.
    The Results is that they are placed in a team with 15k toons, vs other 15k toons.

The final result will be that they will never go down from the campfire, or just leave the match.

First problem: you can't kick.
    Second problem: the actual system don't let you kick even if the player close the game after 20 second for never come back.

The system should let the other team member to at last kick the disconnected player from the start, not after 5 minutes.
    A normal match is around 8 min, how can we play 4 vs 5 ( in the rare case that the matchmaking has done a good balance between the team) for over 70% of the time.

I'd like to go with them in a tong and stay at campfire, or go with them but with a 5k item level toons.

For avoid this, i'm thinking ( just an idea ) why don't introduce an item level requirement for dominon?

A Solo que for player with an IL between 4 and 9k
    A solo que for player with an IL between 9.1 and 13k
    A solo que for player with an IL over 13k.

If the player with 5k wanna que in the 13k que he will not be able to do so, and having a low IL que will help them enjoying a more balanced match
    even in the worste situation ( like is now is a 5k vs Monster ), getting in the same time the rewards so he will be able to buy pvp equit.

Lock the possibility to change equip, so that no one will que in the low level que and then change equip, and is done.
    I really don't find usefull ruining the experiance of player that enjoy doing pvp with 5k troll.

Like a pve player will not take a 5k toons for running an endgame dungeon ( suppose that he can que for tong ),so why the que system force me to having them in a dominion?

Any suggestion is well accepted.

PvP is end-game content. Which is why it unlocks at level 12. :lol:
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    That's a good idea but I am pretty sure that Saber will que up for 4-9k gs :]
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    etelgrin said:

Best thing one can experience in PvP is tweaking and thinking on how to improve their own toons, how to make them more survivable, which DEFNESIVE enchantments, yes yes, finally defensive enchantments are actually most useful for ones class, which offensive enchants to slot for best damage output, what matters more, how much resistance ignored etc.. Figuring these out, tweaking your character, making it more resistant and stronger offender. Next you think on your rotations, how to move fast enough between the nodes or how to control your opponents to be of asset to your team. This is PvP for me, I'll give you a PvE based example that can come to my mind so that you can find a resemblance, you can take to TONG an OP, one has rank 12s Radiants and the other has rank 12s Silveries in their respective offensive slots, both have same TIL, which one will you pick? Easy as is, but the TIL/Gear Score won't be telling you on these most important things how this toon is build but for PvP, you can have great toon for PvE queue for random dom and get squishied out by some random guy with even lower gearscore or so on. Domination is CAPTURE THE FLAG, the best rotation wins, even if you die in the proccess, its still well worth the effort, maybe not reward wise.

Yes, that's right, but a new pvp player can start without ruining the game to other, i'm really tired of see 5k toons that after 3 times decide to stay at campfire.
    And you can't even kick thx to the new system.
    What i hate more of the new kick system is that he don't let you kick even if someone is disconnected from the start.
    A tuning of the kick system can be that , if someone is disconnected, allowing to kick him from start, this will give your team a new player, the one that got kicked instead, if he will be back in game , can always que again.

Is not anymore "let's do a pvp", is like more , "let's try the pugroulette" now.

Having an item level will of course be better for them and for us too, maybe 3 level of gs are too much? Let's simplify, one for people with less of 10k and one for over 10k.

True that the build , rotation and how to cap a node ( for the less expert, for taking a node you MUST stay INSIDE the NODE ) , fighting other and so on are the core of pvp, but this people really don't have a clue of what to do, at last they will not face 16k.

What i'd like is something that "filter" the solo q a little more, because there are a lot of new player that are trying it, and my fear is that they will just: "omg what the hell is this i'm getting killed so easly , no more pvp for me, let's go back to do pve."

Giving them the possibility, costantly, to having more balanced team will help them and us in the same way.

They will enjoy more the pvp, and, why not, maybe can be the start of a new pvp player base.

• Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    I don't see any issues here. Before Solo Queue, all my team was 7k while the other team was premade. Nowadays both sides have chance to get 7ks, which is nice. I don't know why you guys are complaining.

Adding IL brackets would allow people to abuse them by just removing their defense enchants and in many various other ways. We all know IL is not a good measurement of effectiveness.

Adding IL brackets would also seperate the already small population into smaller groups, causing matchmaking to take even longer than it does currently.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    gg
  • Options
    This pvp community is very small, in fact its smallest that has every been.
    Which is very bad for the game , but it can also be a good thing.
    Most changes and nerfs start right here on forum and if he agree on something it
    can probably be done.
    So if only 10 of us here agree on something it can probably be changed.
    All we need to set aside personal issues
    find the biggest problem in the game and agree to fix that first.
    Make a post in which most of us agree on something and try to change it.
    Easy as that.
    There is discord we can talk there as well.

I know item lvl difference is what made this game popular in the first place ,easy wins who doesnt like that , but too much good stuff
    is a bad thing, and this is starting to show now after 12 mods ,
    pvp is losing new players, and the base players are less by the day.

Its easy to see biggest problem in pvp is the item lvl difference ,im not saying its the only problem ,all im saying its the biggest one.
    Only with this change we can
    solve a number of problems.
    For example return of diminishing returns.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So we need to pedal back and give everyone chance to play pvp as like in first mods.
    With less item lvl difference, more pvp players will come and off course more chance to abuse mehanic , kill, win , lose , all the stuff we like.
    Dont be afraid to lose some edge over the pugs and let them play as well, we can get much more in return.

I know this is a far cry, but HAMSTER it had to try.
    Best thing we could do is meet at discord make a plan we can all accept, present and support it here.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I enjoy pvp... I like pve as well.. but pvp is the maximum thrill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!