test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are we only able to perform 3 tasks of the same rank?

Why are we only able to perform 3 profession tasks of the same rank?
For example, I have 10 mercenaries and want to assign 5 Martial Training tasks. I'm only able to assign 3 rank 1 Leadership Tasks and cannot assign any more rank 1 Leadership tasks.
Is this by design or flaw?
If this is by design, why is it this way?
If this is by flaw, I urge you to resolve this issue quickly.
Thanks

Answers

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Because leadership used to provide rough astral diamonds and they wanted to limit the best tasks. Once they removed the astral diamonds from it they never removed the restriction.

They will probably remove it someday.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Seems to be mostly in leadership and I concur with oldbaldyone that it was because of the old AD well the botters exploited, leading them to remove it altogether
    There are however other things that have limitations, like crates, those you can only craft 1 at a time. Other tasks like gathering and creating can be done 9 at a time
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I would say it had nothing to do with AD because in other professions, they have the same restriction (except gathering tasks).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • willow#5136 willow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Because leadership used to provide rough astral diamonds and they wanted to limit the best tasks. Once they removed the astral diamonds from it they never removed the restriction.

I used Leadership as an example.
    I have 2 leatherworkers and 4 Assistant Leatherworkers and would like to perform more than 3 deep wilderness gathering tasks, however, I can only assign 3.
    This isn't limited to Leadership.
    edited December 2017

I used Leadership as an example.
    I have 2 leatherworkers and 4 Assistant Leatherworkers and would like to perform more than 3 deep wilderness gathering tasks, however, I can only assign 3.
    This isn't limited to Leadership.
    You should be able to do 9 deep wilderness gathering tasks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    You aren't being limited in gathering by 3cap, but by the leatherworkers you are using, higher lvl tasks take higher lvl workers. If you had 9 leatherworkers you could do 9 gather tasks of a lvl they could do and lower. The assistants cant do what a master can, think master, journeyman and initiate tradesperson.

The 3cap was indeed because of the AD generated in leadership, you can only do 3 of each. The only other cap in other professions is the high end randoms, you can (if you have the materials laying around) do 3 of those as well, that's to keep the market from being flooded with purple 2 gem gear (slight exageration). In reality that's all a hold over, the rAD is out of leadership, there is no reason to stick to that now, the other profession high end randoms are so eclipsed by chults blues that they tpp shouldn't be capped.

Unless they are going to reform professions with new top tier crafting that they need to time wall, there is no reason to keep the 3cap, it's just one of those round2it things.
    mattsacre said:

You aren't being limited in gathering by 3cap, but by the leatherworkers you are using, higher lvl tasks take higher lvl workers. If you had 9 leatherworkers you could do 9 gather tasks of a lvl they could do and lower. The assistants cant do what a master can, think master, journeyman and initiate tradesperson.

The 3cap was indeed because of the AD generated in leadership, you can only do 3 of each. The only other cap in other professions is the high end randoms, you can (if you have the materials laying around) do 3 of those as well, that's to keep the market from being flooded with purple 2 gem gear (slight exageration). In reality that's all a hold over, the rAD is out of leadership, there is no reason to stick to that now, the other profession high end randoms are so eclipsed by chults blues that they tpp shouldn't be capped.

Unless they are going to reform professions with new top tier crafting that they need to time wall, there is no reason to keep the 3cap, it's just one of those round2it things.

The 3 cap for other profession is not limited to high end random. The low end nothing (like a green shirt, green helmet, ...) has a cap of 3 too.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Right now, with the proper Profession Assets, I can do up to 9 of the same, of any of the profession tasks that involve Gathering raw materials.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    The 3 cap for other profession is not limited to high end random. The low end nothing (like a green shirt, green helmet, ...) has a cap of 3 too.

Been so long since I've done low green I'd forgotten honestly. I'm sure at the time it was to time wall gear from flooding AH. But the stuff is so old and behind content drop I see no reason for the 3cap, unless like I said:
    1. they revamp the recipes to reflect current content and thus need the time wall again (honestly all the "revamps they have done in the past, wasn't to the base level of crafting, they just piled it on top and added more randoms.)
    2. they added new content that used old contents base craft materials, thus re-time walling new stuff through the back door that way.

It's all round2it IMO
  • strykergaming#5011 strykergaming Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    As a player who made crafting an integral part of any game I played, I find crafting in this game abysmal. So much so, I stopped crafting on all my toons save one, my original one. 8 months after starting this game, I have all, but two crafters maxed out. Eight months! That is down right insane. No game I’ve ever played took that long to get crafters to max level. Well, save for Blade & Soul; however, crafting in that game down right sucks.

Leadership in this game for advancing is the worst of any crafting leveling I’ve ever seen. It is the one I’m currently working on and I started leveling that from the beginning. I’m not bothering with Black Ice as it seems useless and the most expensive in terms of resources to use and limited to 2 areas to gather from.

I’m of the opinion that the developers of this game modeled their crafting after NCSoft’s model. Where in most of its games it can take up 9 months to a year to max out for casual players. Here, I play this game, or I did, 6 plus hours a day on my main (who is my only crafter) and it still took me 8 months to get to max level. Therefore, I have quit crafting leveling on all my alts. It is not worth the time or effort.

As an example of crafting level, I play SWTOR. I have 30 alts. 16 of them are crafters and the rest I leveled as gatherers. It takes me less than 2 months to max out my crafting/gathering. Is SWTOR’s crafting the best? Not really; however, the time one must invest into it makes it worth it because it does not become a chore nor a job. Here in Neverwinter, it is a chore and job.

The developers have put artificial breaks on crafting to coincide with whatever imaginary goals they deemed okay. I quit Blade & Soul because the grind in that game (for the US release) is the same as it is in Korea. A country where the players (an Asia by default) play 12+ hours a day. After nine months of that I’d had enough. I see strong similarities between the two games. After playing MMOs since the release of EverQuest, it is subjects like this that suck the fun out of the game. Especially when you use crafting to benefit your alts or make a little bit of AD on the AH.

The developers really need to over-haul their crafting so that it is no longer a job/chore. Case in point, combining all the elements into one requires 12 days, twelve days mind you to complete. 4 days if you use all epic level gear and personnel. That is utterly ridiculous and mind blowing stupid. I’ve never had to spend that kind of time for one item to craft, ever. Yet they do it here. Gathering resources for 6 hours? Oh, I can get that down to half the time with the proper personnel and gear. Still, 3 hours? Neverwinter’s crafting/gathering is broken and out of date. They need to fix it so that it doesn’t require stupid amounts of time to advance, gather, and produce. But until they stop following the Korean model of grinding, they will not fix their current system they have in place.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    FWIW Orb of Ice 1 and 2 are both unlimited, while Orb of Ice 3 is limited to 3
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 300 Arc User
    My 2 cents.
    I disagree with thunderwolf, but I have 20 characters and try to play 3 of them.
    I like my alchemy alt that I do not have to reset the tasks so often. I wish there were long term tasks available for all the other professions as well.
    It takes time away from playing to collect rewards and assign tasks again, if I could just invoke once a day and reset tasks every few days instead of hours, it would give me much more time to actually PLAY the game.
    Keep the short time tasks for characters you are playing and can keep up with as you go but make longer ones available too for the poor almost abandoned after mod 6 leadership alts.
    DON'T
    PANIC!