test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feytouched for TRs?

araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I've noticed a few endgame TRs using Feytouched in the last few weeks. Is this a new trend related to the fixes in 12b?

I have the means to make one to replace my Vorpal, but would the Fey be clearly better in all situations, or is it better to switch between both?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    If you can maintain a high crit severity a feytouch can dish more dps then a vorpal.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    It depends on your base crit severity and your CA stat but when comparing Unparalleled ranks it ends up at 22%-23% vs 24%-25% in favor of Feytouched.
  • Options
    > @blur#5900 said:
    > It depends on your base crit severity and your CA stat but when comparing Unparalleled ranks it ends up at 22%-23% vs 24%-25% in favor of Feytouched.

Are you saying that Fey would theoretically be a able to do 1% more damage than Vorpal? Judging by the number of TRs who have made the switch I would have expected it to be higher.

I guess my crit severity and CA are probably as high as they can be, so I'm a good candidate for switching. I'd just like to get as many opinions as possible before spending the resources to build a Trans Fey.
  • Options
    @araxelven It is more than 1%, there is more to it. T.Fey is 18% damage + weapon damage part and it ends up better than T.Vorp, Unparalleled version is 20% damage + weapon damage part and it is at least 2% more than U.Vorp.
    However there is Aura of Courage which is increased by Feytouched while its not increased by Vorpal.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Damn I made the wrong enchantment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

However there is Aura of Courage which is increased by Feytouched while its not increased by Vorpal.

Sry, what? Can you explain plz?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2017

blur#5900 said:

Sry, what? Can you explain plz?
    Aura of Courage scales with buffs, debuffs, each players HP count, but cannot Crit.

Vorpal is a Crit Severity boost and Crit Severity only works on your damage which Crits.
    Feytouched is simply a 1.18x (1.2x if UP) damage buff, along with procs worth a % of your weapon damage (but those don't matter when comparing Aura of Courage to weapon enchants).

• Options
    So I made a decision and yesterday, and I made my own Trans fey.

I decided to rework my entire set of offensive enchants at the same time and I'm only halfway done, so I can't really make a final judgment but... so far so good. Mobs were popping out like soap bubbles last night. Can't wait to try this out in ToNG.
  • Options
    averisharynaverisharyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I have a UNP Feytouched and it works wonders over my Vorpal.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Is it possible to have the high crit severity necessary for Feytouched without using potions? If so, what is the crit severity goal?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Is it possible to have the high crit severity necessary for Feytouched without using potions? If so, what is the crit severity goal?

Curious about this myself. Any act gurus from pc know this? Roughly how much crit sev is needed for for a fey to best a vorpal?
  • Options
    @armadeonx @jrdiiorio#8134 I am not sure what the question here is. Feytouched is already better than Vorpal, you dont need severity for it. Theoretically if crit severity would be very low Vorpal would be better but no one has it that low.
    The goal of crit severity, well the more you have the better, but you can adjust it only with CHA ability score(CA added to severity),CA stat, boons, potions, feats and eventually one severity companion which could give you damage of ~4%.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply Blur, the reason I was wondering is because it was mentioned twice above and I thought you needed to do something extra. If we're just talking about a normal high CHA build making it better than Vorpal then that does indeed answer my question.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

Thanks for the reply Blur, the reason I was wondering is because it was mentioned twice above and I thought you needed to do something extra. If we're just talking about a normal high CHA build making it better than Vorpal then that does indeed answer my question.

You dont need CHA build either for Feytouched :) it is better than Vorpal, no ifs and buts. Only thing that is needed for Feytouched is to be at least Transcendent level to beat Vorpal.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I think we also need 12b on xbox for the feytouched love, right??? I might be wrong but that is when I am doing mine.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I've already switched. I can't do proper testing but the T.Feytouched appears to give me better results overall.
  • Options
    Just wondered if more than one person in the group has feytouched does it still proc for everyone or just the one that hits first.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Just wondered if more than one person in the group has feytouched does it still proc for everyone or just the one that hits first.

That bug has been gone since Mod 11.5.

If you wish to see tests, if you check my analysis of weapon enchantments here, use Control + F and type in "Debunking the Multiple Feytouched Rumor". It should pull up to the section where I disproved this bug.

• Options
    I ran 6 tomb of nine gods yesterday 3 with unparalleled feytouched and 3 with unparalleled vorpal. I was in the same group for all 6 runs with the same buffs/debuffs and in my opinion the feytouched is nowhere near as good as the vorpal. The vorpal out damaged the fey on every run by millions. (Xbox)
  • Options

I ran 6 tomb of nine gods yesterday 3 with unparalleled feytouched and 3 with unparalleled vorpal. I was in the same group for all 6 runs with the same buffs/debuffs and in my opinion the feytouched is nowhere near as good as the vorpal. The vorpal out damaged the fey on every run by millions. (Xbox)

I would say runs without ACT are not reliable. If anything Vorpal and Feytouched are close, still math speaks in favor of Feytouched.
  • Options
    magnusg15magnusg15 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Ok but which groups finished the runs faster? technically out damaging fey as a group is very bad. that means you fought more than necessary.

Refighting 1 boss with vorp vs refighting 0 bosses youll get higher numbers and slower runs.

• Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Feytouched is useless if everyone has it and attacking the same enemy.
    Mob cannot be debuffed by more than one stack. That means is if someone hits it with a Feytouch first, they get the debuff/buff effect. The second person to hit a target that is already debuffed get's nothing. Vorpal is 3x times better if you have high crit.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options

Feytouched is useless if everyone has it and attacking the same enemy.
    Mob cannot be debuffed by more than one stack. That means is if someone hits it with a Feytouch first, they get the debuff/buff effect. The second person to hit a target that is already debuffed get's nothing. Vorpal is 3x times better if you have high crit.

No one uses Feytouched for the debuff and everyone gets the buff. Feytouched > Vorpal.