test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappearing Quest Trails

zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but is there any way to fix the bug that, after a reasonably long play session, quest trails disappear and loot items no longer glow? It happens seemingly randomly, although it's very likely to happen after I've done a SH event like DF or Marauders. The trails I can sometimes live without, but I tend to be a loot hog, and non-glowing coins can be really annoying. I'm sure others are annoyed by this "feature.' Can we fix?

P.S. No, this isn't caused by mistakenly hitting Z.

Comments

• zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    No one? Really? So it's just folks in my alliance?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    It has been reported many times. My theory is: the game degraded the detail level when it "thinks" the hardware cannot keep up with. It does not seem to 'upgrade' back to 'normal' when situation changes. When that happens, I exit the game and restart it. By the way, I think it is more than graphic trouble when that happens. I think audio too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    zanaspus1 said:

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but is there any way to fix the bug that, after a reasonably long play session, quest trails disappear and loot items no longer glow? It happens seemingly randomly, although it's very likely to happen after I've done a SH event like DF or Marauders. The trails I can sometimes live without, but I tend to be a loot hog, and non-glowing coins can be really annoying. I'm sure others are annoyed by this "feature.' Can we fix?

P.S. No, this isn't caused by mistakenly hitting Z.

I posted about this same thing in the XB bug forum about five minutes ago. It is definitely not only your SH. It isn't even only your platform.

It's been more frequent lately, and I've also noticed it generally happens when leaving some high impact event and going to something much less complicated. I have to say the theory put forth by @plasticbat makes sense because of that. Restarting doesn't always work for me, though.
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Answered in another thread just now but just in case you can fix it by reseting a quest from enclave.
    edited December 2017

Answered in another thread just now but just in case you can fix it by reseting a quest from enclave.

How can that fix it? It has noting to do with a particular quest and many quests are not obtained from PE anyway.

It is not it totally loses the trail (you can still see that from mini map). It is it does not show in the main display or not being shown properly. When that happens, it does not matter what quest you want to switch to.

It is a graphic display issue and not a quest issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Answered in another thread just now but just in case you can fix it by reseting a quest from enclave.
    >
    > How can that fix it? It has noting to do with a particular quest and many quests are not obtained from PE anyway.
    >
    > It is not it totally loses the trail (you can still see that from mini map). It is it does not show in the main display or not being shown properly. When that happens, it does not matter what quest you want to switch to.
    >
    > It is a graphic display issue and not a quest issue.

Unless you’ve tried it not sure how you can assume it’s wrong. Its happened to me several times and this fixed it. Had many times alliance members issuing the same complaint and it fixed it for them to.

> @plasticbat said:

> Answered in another thread just now but just in case you can fix it by reseting a quest from enclave.

>

> How can that fix it? It has noting to do with a particular quest and many quests are not obtained from PE anyway.

>

> It is not it totally loses the trail (you can still see that from mini map). It is it does not show in the main display or not being shown properly. When that happens, it does not matter what quest you want to switch to.

>

Unless you’ve tried it not sure how you can assume it’s wrong. Its happened to me several times and this fixed it. Had many times alliance members issuing the same complaint and it fixed it for them to.

I don't know we are talking about the same problem as my quests are not from PE.
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

> @plasticbat said:

>

>

>

I don't know we are talking about the same problem as my quests are not from PE.
    I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure that it works, but I don't think what he is saying has anything to do with quests themselves. I think he is saying that going back into a "neutral" zone and then changing quests jogs the graphics and makes them connect again.

> @plasticbat said:

>

>

>

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure that it works, but I don't think what he is saying has anything to do with quests themselves. I think he is saying that going back into a "neutral" zone and then changing quests jogs the graphics and makes them connect again.
    If that is what his steps are, I actually kind of do that often because when that happens, many times, I use mini map to navigate to finish various quests in different zone and many quests I don't need the map to help at all.

It is also very possible that my problem is not the same as others because as I mentioned, when that happens, my audio may have issue too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The issue where loot stops glowing is tied to the audio for me as well. Not noticeable in game, but if the graphics issue goes on long enough, then when I exit the game to fix that issue, the music will continue to play for many seconds after the client shuts down.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    > @sgaddis13#3703 said:
    > > @plasticbat said:
    >
    > > Answered in another thread just now but just in case you can fix it by reseting a quest from enclave.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > How can that fix it? It has noting to do with a particular quest and many quests are not obtained from PE anyway.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > It is not it totally loses the trail (you can still see that from mini map). It is it does not show in the main display or not being shown properly. When that happens, it does not matter what quest you want to switch to.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > It is a graphic display issue and not a quest issue.
    >
    >
    >
    > Unless you’ve tried it not sure how you can assume it’s wrong. Its happened to me several times and this fixed it. Had many times alliance members issuing the same complaint and it fixed it for them to.
    >
    > I don't know we are talking about the same problem as my quests are not from PE.
    >
    >
    > I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure that it works, but I don't think what he is saying has anything to do with quests themselves. I think he is saying that going back into a "neutral" zone and then changing quests jogs the graphics and makes them connect again.

Yea basically this. I’ve tried other locations of course but only seemed to correct itself from enclave and it doesn’t need to be an enclave quest.
    edited December 2017

Yea basically this. I’ve tried other locations of course but only seemed to correct itself from enclave and it doesn’t need to be an enclave quest.

No, it does not help me. Went to PE. Change quest many times. Change characters. Repeat the same thing. No difference.