test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus RP Event Feedback

friarjonfriarjon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
My experience with the new "Bonus RP" event so far has been pretty underwhelming. The bonus RP rewarded is very small. Reaching the 40k cap during the event would be quite difficult, even for players that spend a lot of time in game. This wouldn't be so bad, you're getting extra RP for doing some of the things you're already doing anyway (campaigns, doesn't seem to work in dungeons or skirms) but...

* There is ZERO notification when you get bonus RP. The only way to know is to check your RP total often... this makes the event completely boring
* The basic concept of the event is good however. We don't need to hoard anything for it, there's no special event items taking up inventory space, no mind numbing daily event quests to grind, or "gift" parties that take hours (i.e for Winter/summer festival)

Suggestions:

* Have some sort of notification
* At the very least there should be a +X RP notification like you see when receiving other currency items
* Maybe make it an item that is auto pick up and consumed on pickup... like how gold works... maybe GREEN GOLD?!... make it glow or have a green beam similar to the challenges of the gods... at least that way it would be somewhat exciting to see it and there would be no question of whether the bonus RP was even working or not

I think I'll hit up the Sharrandar dailies instead. Will get way more RP from doing those instead.
Knight of Guild Medieval
guildmedieval.com

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    friarjon said:

* There is ZERO notification when you get bonus RP. The only way to know is to check your RP total often... this makes the event completely boring

You do have a notification, on the same place you get the notifications when getting some gold. But strangely enough it doesn't pop-up every time.
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It doesn't pop up every time because you don't get RP every time. I was getting RP in 1 out of 4 encounters with mobs. I even waited for a minute between the group of mobs just in case they have a cooldown. I got 42 rp after playing for about an hour and a half staying busy. The amount is pathetic, should not even be considered an event. You get 10x more rp from looting greens and refining them.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I've done a number of dailies and DR lairs and I haven't seen the notification yet. Yes I have been looking for it in the usual location. All I see are gemstones.
    But 40K is a bit underwhelming. Most of my toons have like 800K of RP in the bank already, so this amount only to 5% of the RP I already have.
  • esper623esper623 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This event is too weak to be of interest.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    10 RP for mob. Not funny.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

10 RP for mob. Not funny.

10 more RP than you would have had.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rubberella#1471 rubberella Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well....you get only half of it while in group.....that really sucks.... 4 - 6 RP every 10th mob
    This really discourages from group play :(
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I can only agree with those threads.

My experience so far, as i main a DC. Been running dungeons, skirmishes the usual, some t9g. Well yea...Overwhelming is not really the word. After 3hrs of playing i got a whole 900 bonus RP ish.
    One of my friends did the same experiment and we calculated that it would take 100hrs ish non stop of playing to reach the 40k cap of bonus on a dps that makes sure to get all the kills, which is like a r9 upgrade.
    Ok ok ok i see it coming, "its awesome for new players". But guys really, they'd need to spend 100hrs in a row in the game for that. Over a long weekend indeed, but still? "its better than nothing", I see that coming too. Ok ok ok its better than nothing, but we got used, us old players from an other age, to double RP, where we could upgrade enchants artifacts and get a nice progression on our toons. With this? 40k rp if we play 100hrs in a row is not even possible before we get the ban hammer for bot behaviour... I see this coming aswell "but you can refine with green gear". It's not my point. My point is its an EVENT. Tell me about it. That's a whole new meaning to the word EVENT, dont you think?
    Anyway, i find this system ridiculous. Discouraging. Call it the way you want.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Just consider it a non-event - not worth farming, just a little extra bonus for doing stuff that you would be doing anyhow.

You need a lot of RPs - every little bit helps.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Glass half full or glass half empty?

On the positive side its free RP.

On the negative side the reward vs time spent seems minimal.

So take it whichever way you will!
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Yea it basically is another piece of the overall downgrade. There isn't really a positive side to look at here. They took what was an event that most people in the game looked forward to, (double refinement) and turned it into a non-event. There is no buildup of excitement, no giddiness about what you may be able to achieve with the new pile of rp that you've worked to save up.

Instead they've made the grind more obvious. Peppering that with a trivial amount of extra RP for a non-event adds insult to injury. They would have been better off leaving this off of the calendar than leaving us open to this disappointment.

So we've traded out a little bit of inventory space (not that much if you want to keep it portable, since theres added types of stones) for a bit more boredom. Not a great trade.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    after they reneged their promise to improve drops after the key 'bug' was fixed we all should of known this is how the new 'RP event' would turn out.

New system seemed almost bearable until their sweetener event gave us lemons
    :#
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Leveling dungeon + skirmish, 3x ndemo, 5x SHE (river district) 1x BHE (river), weekly quests from Dread and Sharandar: 199 RP. Really? Very funny event...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

after they reneged their promise to improve drops after the key 'bug' was fixed we all should of known this is how the new 'RP event' would turn out.

New system seemed almost bearable until their sweetener event gave us lemons
    :#

What drops didn't get improved? Chests were improved with the chances to get mounts and companions.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tas4metas4me Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    The new “Bonus RP” event has been incredibly disappointing.
    20mins in Dread Ring doing daily only produced 139 RP from mobs, but I was able to collect 875 RP from converted green salvage equipment. If it was possible to wipe out every living creature in Neverwinter, I still doubt you could reach the 40K cap.
    The Devs should hang their heads in shame, this is such a non-event it might as well be removed.

My recommendation would be to have a capped pool (40K) of RP similar to the Glory Booster or Experience Booster Packs and everytime you refine or convert RP an equivalent amount is taken from the pool.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    This really just shows why Development doesn't try new things. If it isn't a gimme-fest, people spend more time complaining rhan playing.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I can pick up a bunch of green loot HAMSTER n id scrolls gear etc and earn more rp in 1 hour event or no event

1 green item identified that drops free on the ground is worth 50rps ffs

1 mean you can get more rp from doing some heroic encounter in 5 mins and salvaging a ring and straight out buying it from the auction house

even if for some reason some one botted the event is the devs worry times tons of account and the used to feed and refine stuff for free

so max what you earn like 100k ads in free refinement providing you play for days on end and reach cap
    its is more a gimick to encourage sales and upgrades
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I reached my 40k cap already
    Tip# go to a zone where you get leveled down below 70 and chill there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    the fact that I am gaining more RP from trash gear that i pick up than i am from the event is pretty disappointing.
    Having a cap of 40k for the event, (not even enough to upgrade one enchantment from rank 11 to 12) also disappointing.