test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFKers abusers, remove penalty please.

rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User
Since this new mod and this new queue system on, its impossible to play. Every single random queue afkers stay on camp fire and just wait till all job done. U cant kick they, and acually u cant leave urself cuz of penalty. I guess 99% of all afkers simple abuse kick/penalty system, they just know u cant leave urself. Also mostly in low dungeon no desire to carry thro bots, wich stuck at the begining.

Ofc they all go in ignore list, but in next epic random dungeon u go with this ignored player again and guess what? Ofc he stay again on camp fire, cuz he know he cant be kicked and u cant leave urself.
Game cuz of that very annoying, lot of time got wasted only carry and fight with afkers.
Please remove penalty.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Ran a Cloak Tower with a guy that was training his bot. When I pointed out the alt was a bad bot it promptly disappeared and then the "other" guy commented, "Who is a bot?"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @fatrabbitfart said:
    > Since this new mod and this new queue system on, its impossible to play. Every single random queue afkers stay on camp fire and just wait till all job done. U cant kick they, and acually u cant leave urself cuz of penalty. I guess 99% of all afkers simple abuse kick/penalty system, they just know u cant leave urself. Also mostly in low dungeon no desire to carry thro bots, wich stuck at the begining.
    >
    > Ofc they all go in ignore list, but in next epic random dungeon u go with this ignored player again and guess what? Ofc he stay again on camp fire, cuz he know he cant be kicked and u cant leave urself.
    > Game cuz of that very annoying, lot of time got wasted only carry and fight with afkers.
    > Please remove penalty.

I afk much because I know it's safe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Very annoying with the shorter instances where you can get to the end before you are able to kick. The solution is to not to trigger the boss until you kick.

I also make a note of the afker (note the account, not toon name). Next time I end up in a run with them, I till everyone why before I leave. And that they can also leave after I go. I have alts, so I have no problem with leaving.
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Massive increase in Bots, especially on low level dungeons, I now no longer run those dungeons on random due to this.
  • Options
    I dont have alts, to quit and go with other. So actually devs force us to play and carry bots, and what about ignored players? I dont want play with some1 who in my ignore list, what I susppose to do with that? B4 I would simple quit and queue again, so now I have take tactic of afkers and wait till they kick me, ohh yea that game is fuun. :neutral:
    Taking breake from game till this nonsense got changed.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @asterdahl said he was going to consider reducing the kick counter to 5 mins and recommended reporting afk's etc as abusers.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    With a bit of luck, some of the AFKers will end up in a group with 2 other AFKers and stay there for a long time ;)

Yet another reason not to run with a random group. Organize a party or run with guildies - problem solved.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosii said:

With a bit of luck, some of the AFKers will end up in a group with 2 other AFKers and stay there for a long time ;)

Yet another reason not to run with a random group. Organize a party or run with guildies - problem solved.

For players like I this is not solution, I dont have guild and no desire to join, and since the begining I play solo, for what they make this random than, if still cuz of bots and afkers u need to make group?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Probably has something to do with the "multiplayer" part of MMO...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    There are similar discussions in other threads about people being AFK then running in to collect the chests at the end, or players running ahead and leaving the rest of their party behind...

I offered what I thought to be a simple solution (although I have no idea what kind of programming effort it would take). At several points along the way in most areas there are gates or other barriers that need to be opened for the party to progress.

Make it so that everyone in the party must assemble at those barriers before the barrier can be opened and the party is allowed to progress, just like the "your party is waiting for you" at the boss level gate.

Anyone who hasn't progressed from the assembly point to the next barrier, or the first barrier to the second, can then be voted out (after a specified time) if that is the majority party member's choice - no penalty.

Something else that just recently came to mind is make those gates so that the same person can't open two of them consecutively. When one player opens one of those transition gates, a different player needs to open the next gate and possibly the third player has to open the next subsequent gate...

That last one would definitely solve the problem of players rushing ahead of the rest of the party and the former one would I think take care of players queuing for something then just walking away from the keyboard.

Just a thought ~
    DD~
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2017

play characters with speed powers, and get some better gear.

Everyone needs top notch equipment to do Cloak Tower. Amazing you can speed through it! :smile:

I do epic dungeons and Tier3 dungeons that I like and to get better gear. Occasionally, if I really need the AD, I'll also do a "regular" dungeon, but they are just not fun for me. I usually go slow and help the lowbies out.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    [ahhh I had a toon leave th edungeon and go to PE for abotu five mins the other day as well. I was like wtf? I tried to kick and was messaging him/her with no response - yes could be non-englissh yada yada - I thought it was just bloody rude being honest.]
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Hmm, since the introduction of random queues I ran one random normal dungeon and one random skirmish every day on each of my seven chars, almost always in pugs. Not once did I see an afk'er. Maybe once or twice a bot, but never someone who waited at the campfire until it is over. I do not say that you did not experience what you said you did, but I wonder if maybe you are "only" having bad luck with your pugs and afk'ers are not that much of a problem as you state here...? (On the other hand, I know, my sample rate is as small as yours, so I might "only" be lucky, too.)

A solution could be that penalties and kicks are removed completly from random NORMAL (and random skirmish?) queues. If anything happens that you do not like, leave and queue again. The other two will most likely be able to finish the dungeon without you (and the missing spot is filled up anyway). And noone will leave actually because he does not like the random dungeon, as even the longest does not take ten minutes to finish. And if the devs finally fix the "You kill me too fast, I do not play with you any longer!"-bug for the boss in normal SP, there is no reason anymore to leave that dungeon either.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Just remove the "your party is waiting" bit. That way I can solo the final boss and leave, and the leechers can run through an empty dungeon, without me having to wait for their lazy behinds.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Are these people actually AFK or have they changed characters and moved on?
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Nah, they're afk. A lot of time I get to the final boss, hit the party circle, and only then they start moving.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Nah, they're afk. A lot of time I get to the final boss, hit the party circle, and only then they start moving.

I guess I have been very lucky. I have never experienced this yet. Lots of Speed Runners and lots of new folks going slow, but I agree if this is happening a lot it is a problem.

• Options
    Or if you are in an arena-type skirmish, the afkers just stand in the middle and move only when the skirmish is done.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'm among those who haven't seen it, and happy to be so!
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Just had a thought, is the AFKers a bigger issue in the Epic Dungeons rather than the Leveling Dungeons? Or for those seeing this is it about the same volume?
  • Options
    I haven't done LEQ since I tried it day one. But I don't know why anyone would afk in a leveling dungeon. You have to get to the end. Lvl 70 can be a HAMSTER and run to the end and not kill anything. Less than 70, afk means possibly getting stranded. The only reason I can think of is some low lvl guy got stranded by runners and decided to take revenge by afk.

I think afk happens more in the easier ERQ skrimishes. Some can be done before the kick timer expires, so it's low risk to afk. Anything that requires more effort and time means afk will be dealt with when the timer goes off.

I've been doing Tiamat lately. I see a number of sneaky people go off to a corner to afk because doing it in camp is too obvious. It's usually harder to kick since many people are nice and give the benefit of the doubt. I usually point them out in chat, and start the kick 10 seconds later to give people a chance to see.
  • Options
    Someone suggested it above - make it mandatory that the toon has to be active otherwise it gets kicked. Inactivity in a dungeon to trigger an auto kick should be two minutes or something
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Just had a thought, is the AFKers a bigger issue in the Epic Dungeons rather than the Leveling Dungeons? Or for those seeing this is it about the same volume?

I have seen most of them in skirmishes and maybe ESOT (now epic dungeon). Thing is, most epic dungeons are long enough, that the other players can kick you.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    asterotg said:

I have seen most of them in skirmishes and maybe ESOT (now epic dungeon). Thing is, most epic dungeons are long enough, that the other players can kick you.
    But with low item level toons can you even get to the end boss with only four toons? I have been in groups who struggle with relatively easy Epic Dungeons with a full posse!

• Options
    asterotg said:

Master of the Hunt #1 with afkers, than go ESOT, Kessel, Tiamat, Ndemo/Edemo, Nsva/Msva they go in party circle, let mobs kill him and stay like that (dead) till match ends, cuz anyway win or lose daily epic trial done. Very often IG, there u need only stay a bit on the side party circle and 4 players transform to arena except one.
    I guess players with 20+ alts just bored making that stuff every day so they do anything else but not play while others work for they.