test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ardent Favor Rework

putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
It's long past time for an Ardent Favor rework (I know Foss and Strum indicated a rework was coming but that had to be almost a year ago). The rewards have been meh for a long time, the most expensive item (angel) requires invoking for a year and gives a measly angel worth only 60k ad. I don't care if the rewards are bound (still prefer BOA over BOC) but with the potion nerf we aren't getting much value from this anymore. Some reward system should be in place that encourages us to log in every day. Why should the rewards from 6 days of invoking to get a celestial synergy be greater than the rewards for playing a year?

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Another problem is that they are more than capable of doing a rework that makes the situation worse.

I would lean towards this being the outcome of any rework they do. Followed by the words "we will monitor the usage and rewards being obtained by the player base and adjust accordingly".
  • Options
    how can it get worse? 40 days of invokes is netting you 3k AD. Only thing worse at this point is removing it completely.

The ardent system is not content based, so a reward adjustment is relatively painless. Heck at least add in all the old event skins as an option (basically allowing you to catch up on event awards via invoking). Adding rewards can't be that hard to implement
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    putzboy78 said:

It's long past time for an Ardent Favor rework (I know Foss and Strum indicated a rework was coming but that had to be almost a year ago). The rewards have been meh for a long time, the most expensive item (angel) requires invoking for a year and gives a measly angel worth only 60k ad. I don't care if the rewards are bound (still prefer BOA over BOC) but with the potion nerf we aren't getting much value from this anymore. Some reward system should be in place that encourages us to log in every day. Why should the rewards from 6 days of invoking to get a celestial synergy be greater than the rewards for playing a year?

It does not matter what will replace Angels. That things will also eventually be 60k in AH.
    Say, it gives an Epic Air Archon instead. That Air Archon will eventually be 60K.
    putzboy78 said:

how can it get worse?

You really don't know how Cryptic operates. They are "Mission Impossible".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    as far as I'm concerned it can be bound HAMSTER. just switch it up
  • Options
    putzboy78 said:

as far as I'm concerned it can be bound HAMSTER. just switch it up

Well, that is what I call how to make it worse.
    An unbound Angels (60K) x 10 = 600 K.
    A bound Air Archon (0K) x 10 = 0.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    but if you don't have an air archon it's more valuable than 60K.

Also your saying x10, that would only effect those using alt armies for profits. I'm talking about normal game play.
  • Options
    btw that 60k price on angels will not hold, now that the angel is worth more than potions many people will start selling them.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I've too, posted about this, here, on reddit (AMA), etc... It's silly... And it not like there are no easy options, , for example:

There is an entire thread of unique looking items that were removed from the game at some point and people want the transmutes back... No influence on the economy, easy to do, bloody thing already made and in game...

Or bound companion upgrade tokens?
    Or small inventory bag for alts?
    Or it even can be something generally convenient for people as a bonus for invokes, some campaign currency packs, or SH vouchers, or as was said companions (not those that come at winter festival).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    putzboy78 said:

but if you don't have an air archon it's more valuable than 60K.

Also your saying x10, that would only effect those using alt armies for profits. I'm talking about normal game play.

It does not matter. When you already have an Air Archon, what will a bound Air Archon help? It is to trash.
    Let say we have another brand new Epic companion XYZ (not an Air Archon) and they actually use it, what will the next 2nd bound XYZ help? It is bound. It is trash

If they can't use it for their class, even the first one is trash.

I use 10 X as less than "normal" game play these days. i.e. many people have way more than 10.

What I am trying to say is a bound pet will eventually be useless. Do you use Angel in your toon? I have many Angels in my inventory but I never equip one for any of my toon. I did not sell them neither. I just pass one to a new player once a long while when I am in the right mood. If it is bound, it will be totally useless.
    Post edited by plasticbat on