test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Messed up random ques

unangwataunangwata Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited October 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
As 70 I have enough item level to que selected epic dungeons/skirmishes below 10k, but I can't que random.
Is it that hard to write algorythm for random que that would pick only dungeons available? Why lock the que just because one of those possible dungeons require 10k item level?

Moderator edited profanity out of title.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    well you need 11k il to do random epic dungeons, you need both spell plague master and fangbreaker island unlocked and if one toon has both unlocked you get all unlocked on all your characters just need the item level and 28% everfrost resistance.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    They want to prevent players from un-equipping items to bring down their item level to avoid fbi and msp.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

They want to prevent players from un-equipping items to bring down their item level to avoid fbi and msp.

It seems to me a inventory lock-on-queue would be far simpler.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    MSP AND BI ARE ON THE 3K OLD ITEM LEVEL, CANT BE TOGETTHER WITH 1600 AND 2K OLD ITEM LEVEL, THEY ARE BASICLY SCAM/FORCING PLAYER TO SPEND MONEY ON THE GAME TO GET AD, WERE THAT MONEY IS NEVER GONNA BE GOING TO IMPROVE THE GAME BUT REDIRECTED TO OTHER PROJECTS OF THE COMPANY, READ EVERYTHING AND HEAR EVERY WORD AND EXCUSE THEY SAY ON STREAMS, STOP FALLING FOR THEIR TRAMPS. WAKE UP AND STOP THEIR BULLSH*T.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

kharkov58 said:

Good luck with that, I'm a DPS GF who NEEDS to be able to use my loadouts/gear swap based on party comp.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    unangwata said:

kharkov58 said:

That can be easily fixed.
    Make players unable to change gear once inside dungeon. This way if you choose lower equipment to go to lower level dungeon you have to stick to gear you put on, and play that dungeon at lower item level. So no real advantage.

kharkov58 said:

After selling players multiple Loudouts they aren't going to say, "You bought them but sorry... now you can't use them"

Actually... after seeing the Bonding nerf... they might.
    Good luck though...
  • Options
    fadetoblack04#2895 fadetoblack04 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Preventing loadouts or gear switches would cause alot of issues. It would prevent you from being able to effectively adjust to your group composition.

Should have the easy epics (malabog up to lostmauth ) as one qeue category, normal epics (cragmire to castle never) as another, and then fbi + msp as a third category. To9g would stay by itself.

Rewards should scale better with dungeon difficulty.

Obviously this will never happen so none of our opinions matter.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    unangwata said:

Actually that would bring more strategy dungeon wise. You would have to plan what to bring optimaly because of gear lock. Loadouts are good if you want to play different role spec, but it won't help the game if you abuse it with changing loadouts for every fight in dungeon.

What do you mean by abusing it. You can only change loadout on camp fire (besides PE, etc common area). It is part of the design of loadout. Some said that is too restrictive already. Regardless, the dev expects you may want to change loadout before the boss fight. Usually, there is a camp fire before entering the boss room.

If you can't change loadout for different situations, there is no point to have loadout at all. For certain class, there is AOE spec and single target spec. On route to the boss, AOE spec. Fighting boss, single target spec. People used to change gear/power one by one on the camp fire. Loadout saves the headache.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If you are unhappy with the RQs, then express your displeasure by boycotting them and not buying Zen.

If the changes result in increased Zen sales, it will look like a "success", right ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    unangwata said:

Actually that would bring more strategy dungeon wise. You would have to plan what to bring optimaly because of gear lock. Loadouts are good if you want to play different role spec, but it won't help the game if you abuse it with changing loadouts for every fight in dungeon.

Which might be valid IF you knew what Dungeon you were about to enter.

Loudouts allow quick gear/power setup shifts. Peronally I think they allow too much variation, and would prefer to be able to switch companions and mounts rather than switch the entire build of my character from stats and paragon upward. (Kind of goes against the ethos of the Dungeons and Dragons character creation system) But since they are what they are, one purpose of them is to allow quick shifts between dungeon crawl and boss fights.

Post edited by mordekai#1901 on
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

kharkov58 said:

Good luck with that, I'm a DPS GF who NEEDS to be able to use my loadouts/gear swap based on party comp.
    Yeah, a lock on start up is a bad idea.

If ppl are actively avoiding FBI, MSP and ToNG, then perhaps they need to look at the reason why and address the cause, not the symptom. Here is a guess - make the rewards worth the effort and ppl will run the dungeons, its been said 1000's of times.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    unangwata said:

I don't like min-maxing stuff, separate for crawl, separate for boss, etc. You should be locked to one spec inside dungeon, plan your gear to be versatile. And don't get damage chart paranoia like some do.

That might be OK if your'e not the tank, but what happens if you end up with FBI and all of a sudden need Everfrost resistance stacked or need to change loadouts to a more defensive one? Ppl don't take too kindly to tanks dying regularly in dungeon runs.

Bad idea. Think things through ppl.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    lantern22 said:

unangwata said:

I don't like min-maxing stuff, separate for crawl, separate for boss, etc. You should be locked to one spec inside dungeon, plan your gear to be versatile. And don't get damage chart paranoia like some do.

That might be OK if your'e not the tank, but what happens if you end up with FBI and all of a sudden need Everfrost resistance stacked or need to change loadouts to a more defensive one? Ppl don't take too kindly to tanks dying regularly in dungeon runs.

Bad idea. Think things through ppl.
    It applies to everyone. For example, I have a set of SKT gear that I never use except running FBI and MSVA. Reason: I don't want to burn the vblood from them and I don't really need it in anywhere else. I don't need the SKT gear to give me resistance to enter RQ but I will prefer to use it if I do FBI/MSVA. It is a waste of vblood if I end up in VT which I would use my 3rd set of gear for pure XP gain.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

If ppl are actively avoiding FBI, MSP and ToNG, then perhaps they need to look at the reason why and address the cause, not the symptom. Here is a guess - make the rewards worth the effort and ppl will run the dungeons, its been said 1000's of times.

People are not avoiding ToNG - it is being run non-stop by a fairly large group of people. People are actively avoiding random queueing for it, however.

Why? Well, because of the way it is designed a "1 healer, 1 Tank, 3 DPS" group is, well..."sub-optimal". Sure, you can complete it with a group like that - A DC/OP/GWF/SW/CW group should be able to do it easily, but, say OP/GF/SW/SW/SW group would probably have some pretty serious issues.

More importantly, a weaker group composition will mean a longer run time (assuming you manage to complete at all). Whytake the risk of ending in a 60-minute run with a random group, when you can do 3 20-minute runs with an "optimal" group in the same time?

That's why people are not using the Hero's Accord to random queue for ToNG. And yea, we told them - and they ignored us.
    Hoping for improvements...