test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Carpet of Flying - Passenger Functionality

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
We are aware that the epic Carpet of Flying currently has the ability to carry a passenger. This ability was intended only for the legendary version so we will be making the epic version a single-seater mount very soon.

When this change goes live, anyone who has already equipped the epic Carpet of Flying and has one in their mount stable will automatically receive the Legendary Carpet of Flying costume complete with the ability to carry a passenger. This was our mistake, so for those of you who sought out the epic carpet in order to carry a passenger, we don’t want to take that away.

Once again, those who have the epic carpet in their stable will automatically receive the legendary carpet costume immediately upon logging in. This does not extend to the mount powers or speed. Players will be able to select the new costume with "Change Mount" in the current mount pane of the character sheet. Players who receive the legendary costume in this manner will still be able to switch back to the epic carpet costume, if they wish, which will no longer support riders.

Any epic Carpets of Flying equipped after the update will not be eligible for receiving a free Legendary Flying Carpet costume. If you have one in your inventory and would like to receive the legendary costume, please be sure to equip it as soon as possible.

These adjustments will be made as quickly as possible, currently we are aiming for tomorrow, October 27.

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi, regarding the mount I just tested that it doesn't fly over water as advertised at the official video https://youtu.be/DYcidZOKhRI?t=148

Is it intended that it doesn't fly over water now or is it a bug?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Blame Ben bascomb for mod 12b flop..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Sad to hear that you make the epic version a single-seater but I am sure people who bought it because of this feature are not sad about it. The compensation is quite good.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I think it would have been better for the game if Cryptic had allowed the epic carpet to keep its passenger feature. The passenger feature is helpful for fairying around lowbie players and leaving the epic mount the way it is would have made it so more people would have the AD needed to host the passenger feature.

That said, I am impressed with how well Cryptic is handling this mistake; this is a good compromise and I doubt many players are going to complain about this. The compensation you guys are offering to players who already equipped the epic carpet is excellent and sure to please the lucky recipients, myself included
    :smile:
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    TY for letting us to save passenger functionality!
    BTW i've noticed that when you move carpet above uneven terrain it's shaking like crazy. Similar to Winter Sled animation. That's quite sad :( Could you adress this to devs please?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Is a pity that we stay with the passenger on epic but the skin solution was a nice compensation idea...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Yea, well handled, and a fair solution.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thank you. Well thought out.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Of topic now but we NEED more 2 seats mounts !!!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kainan777 said:

@nitocris83
    TY for letting us to save passenger functionality!
    BTW i've noticed that when you move carpet above uneven terrain it's shaking like crazy. Similar to Winter Sled animation. That's quite sad :( Could you adress this to devs please?

I noticed the flying animation was a little jittery as well.

Its jump is very subtle too, its hard to tell you have moved upwards at all. Thankfully, this doesn't appear to effect how well this mount clears obstacles.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2017
  • fingerlickngoodfingerlickngood Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    All Good ,
    Post edited by fingerlickngood on
  • cbniacbnia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    Thank you! much appreciated :smile:
    @cbnia

Guild Medieval *GH20*
    We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people
    www.guildmedieval.com
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The only thing missing is a Genie companion.