test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chult drops not dropping?

dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Dind't bother going to CS just to be told it didnt happen did three Spli-ti's in a row two solo and got no rewards nothing at all did two Karkinos one solo and nothing again then started rubber banding then was kicked out server disconnected and then let me back in any ideas from a dev type because I'm guessing that shouldn't happen seeing as I am just like Jon Snow and know nothing.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You mentioned that you are doing them solo... are you summoning them yourself and killing them by yourself, or are you killing stuff with someone else summoning? More information is needed please.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I have been farming Spli ti for the totems and I haven't had ribs drop in about 15 runs. It is funny that the developers loathe us doing speed runs of content and yet they make the drops rates so horrible that the only way to make progress is to do something hundreds of times.
  • dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I know what you mean 32 Smilodon's killed no teeth and 13 Venomtail's since my last drop from them I am summoning and soloing nobody else involved yet still get nothing I summoned a Hedetet last night same thing happened no drops I just want it fixing.I like running dungeons not having to run broken content that has little interest for me because of the constant sniping from high dps players,instances being filled quickly with farmers who then oreder everyone else out of the instance its just Somi but green.
    I gave you the extra information now what?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    We will have someone look into it.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • killaakev#4031 killaakev Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    farmed venomtail, smilodon and batiri for 9 hours, not one lure piece drop...
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    And one of my favorite TR friends did what she refers to as "punishment" yesterday - 16 more hours of venomtail farming - with no venom drops
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• killaakev#4031 killaakev Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    something very "broken" in chult, over 40 hours over venomtail farm 3 dropped
    Still waiting on someone to contact me and let me know what's going on but I doubt they even know there is a problem after all that's all CS say
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Drop rate do feel nerfed from people I've asked on PS4 and my personal experience. First few weeeks seemed like you would get the drop every few which felt reasonable. Now it may be a dozen or more for a single lure. I've already gotten my Rex hunt gear but for the extra totems everyone I run with has said this is the last week we will farm lures cause of the hassle and terrible drop rates.
  • osu0148#5585 osu0148 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I farmed 14 packs of smilodon over the past 3 days before a single drop. Before the latest maintenance on PS4 at least, it seemed the drops were much more common. Maybe I just ran into an unlucky RNG cycle...Like I said, I have not experienced this since I began grinding for lures.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    it's their standard ninja nerf - they do this to PS4 every module that comes out. You have about 1-2 weeks after the new module hits to do/gather EVERYTHING you need because then they nerf the drop rates on everything.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• sybari77#7455 sybari77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2017
    > @kreatyve said:
    > You mentioned that you are doing them solo... are you summoning them yourself and killing them by yourself, or are you killing stuff with someone else summoning? More information is needed please. I have different problem. I summon and kill Sirrush 2* Lure alone. It drops ring, gear and instead of 3*Trophy it drops 5 dino hides. 4th time it does it. It takes alot of effort to craft that lure please check.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I have been farming to make karkinos lures to get the arms and after the first few days only 2 dropped and none since then.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    I have given up on drops after nobody has contacted me back or looked into it or even said its just the way that it should work
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Sure would be nice if there were private instances for farming. Last weekend on xbox there were about 30 instances of soshenstar active. First 3 were always ful and the rest had 3-5 players in each. Every single one were lure hunters. Its impossible to get consistent results when you constantly encounter fellow hunters doing the same thing.

They should treat all hunts as they do a Trex. Anyone who contributes damage should have a lure drop. Increase the spawn rates of rare spawns. Then guarantee a lure drop. I see no reason we all should struggle to hunt nor do i feel they should be so griefable. I thought the goal of chult was to entice group play?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• fadetoblack04#2895 fadetoblack04 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @ravenskya said:
    > it's their standard ninja nerf - they do this to PS4 every module that comes out. You have about 1-2 weeks after the new module hits to do/gather EVERYTHING you need because then they nerf the drop rates on everything.

It's not just ps4. Xbox and I'm sure pc see the same nerfs as well. Agreed that you have to get what you want fast when new mods come out. First week or so of tong and huntsman gear dropped like candy. Now you only seem to get it from chests. Hunt trophies always seemed rare to find but first couple weeks they were there. Now it's just an ugly time sink.
  • q8jeb#7274 q8jeb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I know the feeling done more than 100 got nothing and sometimes no drops at all

Example
    https://youtu.be/vZZ0qbR5xh4
  • niceduck#2839 niceduck Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    AS I now remember, this happened to me on 1st or 2nd week after new mod; I went to kill that dinosaur riding batiri with one of my alliance friends. we killed it, I got some +2 or so item. My friend asked, why I won't pickup that +2 ring !? I could not see any ring on ground ! So, my friend picked it up and then gave it to me. SOOOO, perhaps loot drops, BUT some weird bug makes them invisible ?
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I understand the pain. Over this weekend alone I purchased 150 smops exclusively (roughly 10m ad) to farm beast hunter +5 rings. All lures were flasks and cloaks. Result was 0 rings enough materials for 12 bacchio lures which also resulted in 0 claws. To say the least with the added tr woes and coming soon bonding changes to PS4 I decided to step back from the game and play something else all day yesterday. Felt good not to be banging my head against an invisible rng wall.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    all I’m saying is I’m still not getting a single trophy drop from any enemy except T. rex and occasionally the Bone trophy. Nothing else from anything else. The last two times I did drop a lure for Karkino’s (sp) I got 0 loot for killing it. That was weeks ago. I can’t even get the trophies to make the lures and have tried for weeks. I have all the boons and the main questline in campaign is completed. I too have decided to put my time and money elsewhere until this issue is addressed.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    This whole chain summarizes why I do not do hunts, why I don’t do MSVA for marks and why I didn’t do HEs in IWD for armor drops.

It’s also why I open lock boxes with the expectation of NOT getting an epic or legendary item.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Considering how infrequent rare spawns are for certain creatures, trophies should be 100% for these particular mobs. For example smilidons, venomtails, and eyotyrannus (eyotyranni?) are exceedingly rare because the enemies that spawn them are only located in small concentrated areas. Rotting ogres are a dime a dozen because large chunks of the map are covered by undead and they are killed quite frequently. Batiri braves are somewhere in-between because they are located heavily in one area, but nowhere else.

At the very least this should probably be looked at because it causes the hunts to become more of an exercise in boredom when you have an overabundance of one trophy, but a shortage of others needed for T2 hunts.
    All valid points however seeing as no one official has responded all I can take from this is that everything is working as intended and once more its all hidden behind that lovely "its just rng" excuse
  • Mine has been like this for 3 days now,i spent 2-3 hours everyday and not a single trophy dropped. And then there's the group loot,i did 3 hunts with a group with my own lure and whoever picks up the drop first will get the loot,no rolls,need greed or pass doesn’t show.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Aye from all the farming ive done, currently sitting on 20x of each venom/smili/crab claws/soon 60x Trex fangs.

Ill tell ya this the easiest thing to farm for the Beast Slayer ring is the Crabs, I can get 20x of em is about 1-3 hours, drop about 1-2 every 10 mins
    When I farm smili im sitting at 5 locations running in circles along with 2 groups of Venom, that one is one of the most repeatitive due to the drop rate. 1 every like 30 mintues less if ya rng is nice, or may take up to 2-3 hours, and is a very high constrated player area, so farm stealing is ever so present.
    When it comes to vemon I chill at the two in the top left corner, one of the slowest things to farm, yet isn't as repeatitive to farm as the smili, since I can do stuff while I wait for em to spawn. .w. Every 30 mins, to an hour. -w-
    Trex fangs are quite easy, I just run between the spawns one shotting da Rex's till I see a T-rex n' kill em roughly one every 10-20 mins

The rare enemy's can spawn back to back and you can get 2x from a single group. -w-

On that note I finished farming 20 outta the 60x fangs n' started my mass killing and actually pull a +5 Beast ring... After about 17x Heatete or whatever his name is also got 11x cores ^-^ A ring I can be proud to equip for once. lol
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • mickyyy86#0820 mickyyy86 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    ORIGINAL POST
    mickyyy86#0820 said:
    Hello I'm not too sure whether I should be posting here but I submitted a ticket regarding an in-game glitch/bug that I experienced and I have sent in this direction through the ticket response and there is no information on which forum to post to be able to get to tech support.

Anyway, basically myself and some friends placed the Tribal Yklwa lure (which I myself triggered) in order to fight the King of Spins final hunt. I was in a group with some very good friends and my girlfiend. So, there is obviously a notification that 'Something is coming when' when you place a lure and this was correct. However, after defeating the King of Spines there was no rewards given whatsoever. All lures reward chultan riches, and if you have capped on Totems it notifies you regardless if there was no loot. But there was no other notifications at all.

I have went back over the log withing the chat and there is nothing. The game has not recognised that I have completed the hunt.
    Please help. I am a commited player of Neverwinter, playing over 4 hours everyday and I worked so hard to get the to that stage in Chult Hunts, and it's not an easy thing to do just to be shot down again.
    All I ask is that somebody investigates it for me and possibly replaces the lure, once they have found this to be true.

The details are as follows:
    Network: Neverwinter Playstation 4
    Character ID: _KHALEESI_@mhaswelle
    Date of issue: 25/11/2017
    Time of issue approx.: 22:05 GMT
    Thank you.

Hello there. So first of all, I spoke to support staff about this issue and they instructed me to submit a ticket, which obviously I did. Then I was told that this issue couldn't be resolved by submitting a ticket, though I have been told otherwise by Gamers with the same previous issues, as they have had the issues resolved by submitting a ticket. Anyway I was then sent elsewhere to submit my query onto the forums. Who then sent me back to yourselves, asking me to re-submit to a different forum. I'm sorry, and I don't like to be rude, but this is getting absurd.

Can you please do something to help. It was far from easy obtaining that Lure and I feel completely ripped off. And now I'm being left in the dark.
    I have already supplied as much info as possible on the subject.

Thank you.
  • mickyyy86#0820 mickyyy86 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    4 Days and instead of going forward with this issue I seem to be going backwards. I have put a lot of real damn money into this game, do I not even deserve a little help? If the game bugs out (on, by the way, what is by far the hardest thing to obtain in this game) and I've provided all the information needed to yourselves, surely this should have been resolved by now? You would think I'm asking you to run over a puppy.

I'm sorry but, I have been as nice as I could have so far and nothing, just going round in circles!!
  • edsont#9373 edsont Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is just RNG and you are bothering bugreports staff. They need to focus on loadout, not your weak RNG. Nothing has changed. I'm spending 2x8 hours per week hunting rares and then I'm making 40 - 45 t1 hunts. Nothing has changed in drops for a long time.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

This is just RNG and you are bothering bugreports staff. They need to focus on loadout, not your weak RNG. Nothing has changed. I'm spending 2x8 hours per week hunting rares and then I'm making 40 - 45 t1 hunts. Nothing has changed in drops for a long time.

-w- I agree with this since you could go hours without drops, but I dunno 100% with ya leads post.
This discussion has been closed.