test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail Box. Unlocking it to send items.

I understand certain changes were made to the mail box system to deter spambotting cheaters or whatever, but my son recently got fed up of just watchīng me play and started himself. He's got to about level 35, just completed Helms Hold and joined my Guild.
I tried to send him the guild stuff like his mount, but I got a "return to sender" message, and he can't send things to me.

Please tell me he's not locked out of my mail because we both play on the same XBox...

At one point a message came up saying that hē had to complete a certain amount of content before unlocking mailed items, but that message no longer appears.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Comments

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    That is peculiar. My daughter has her account on the same machine I use and I can send her items. She just can't post anything back or sell anything on AH as she has yet to complete the prerequisite content.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Yeah, I get that he might not have completed everything he needs to be able to send, but not being able to send stuff to him is a bit of a ballache. I store stuff that's supposed to help low level guildies get through the 30 - 50, and 50 - 60 grinds before giving them some better stuff for 60 - 70. I've not had a problem sending anything to other players. You know, portabvle altars, healing and first aid kits... not exactly game breaking stuff. They also get a mount when they pas probabtion. But, again, never had a return to sender on any other player.

I'm starting to worry, that trying to send a small item every time he goes up a level or completes a new campaign chain is going to get me flagged for spam, or in trouble for selling peridots on the black market or whatever it is I'm not supposed be doing and getting a bollocking or a ban.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Have you tried submitting a ticket to support? It sounds like an account specific issue so they may be able to assist you.
    I will do that.
    I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting their time with something that could be fixed easily myself.
  • I've heard, & been told, that characters under lvl 70 have a lot of restrictions when it comes to things like the auction house, mail, chat, etc. I'm not sure what all the exact restrictions are, but those are a couple of things I've been told. Most ppl don't realize characters under lvl 70 have restrictions, so this is most likely the issue

Suggestion (since u mentioned u both play on the same xbox) - would it be possible to give the items to a guild member, & have that guild member trade the items to him?
    I'm going to dump the stuff in the guild vault, promote him to rank 7, let him pick it up himself and then demote him again.
    There ARE restrictions on characters below L70, but I've encountered none of these difficulties with other members of my guild, and I recruit for low level characters. I've been able to send and receive items from many characters below the level he's at.

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I'm going to dump the stuff in the guild vault, promote him to rank 7, let him pick it up himself and then demote him again.
    There ARE restrictions on characters below L70, but I've encountered none of these difficulties with other members of my guild, and I recruit for low level characters. I've been able to send and receive items from many characters below the level he's at.

That's entirely possible. There are actually two sets of restrictions. One for low level character who have not followed the main quest up to a certain point, and a second set that is applied to accounts with no level 70 characters. So, you could find it possible to send things to a low level character (that has another character at 70 on the account), while not being able to send to your son's account. Just guessing here though.

The under level 70 limits are not listed anywhere that I have found. I know for certain severe AH restrictions are applied
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    You have to complete the Blackdagger Ruins area (kicks in level 20ish) but nothing in the game expressly tells you this, including the messaging that says you have to complete 3 out of 5 of a list of quests (or however many it is). Blackdagger is on that list, but the list gives the impression you can complete any of the chains and this isn't the case. Blackdagger appears to be mandatory.

If you've overlevelled the zone and are having trouble finding the questgivers, use the game's quest wiki as a walkthrough.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I submitted a ticket, he's not even receiving guild mass mails.
    He's gone through everything step by step up to level 38 the only thīng he hasn't completed en route is Sybellas orb stuff.