test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 12 campaign, left or middle path?

jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
edited September 2017 in PvE Discussion
Yo guys, console player here.

We got the new mod a few days ago and have been doing it on my SW and my GF (mostly on SW though) but, I'm not sure if I'm doing things well so here I am.

As I wasn't sure what the best course of action would be, I took the left path (hunts) with my SW and the middle one with my GF (thought being a tank would help me get on T9G much easier than with my warlock) and I'm wondering if that was the right choice.

Hunts are quite a grind and rngeesus is a bad as usual, too time consuming with no benefit other than to trade fangs etc for refinement stones but then again I could run FBI/MSP instead, still make some ad to buy stuff and not getting bored to death in Chult. I know that farming crabs could, in 999999 years, yield me a cool +5 ring plus there are other 2 good ones I'd love to have but eh, it is very tedious to go after them (people ninja "stealing" drops from rare creatures is very aggravating)

PC guys, what would you recommend me? Straight to the middle? I could run T9G a bit before bondings get nerfed I guess (want some pieces of Primal gear, especially for my nerflock), or perhaps hunts are still worth it? They're incredibly boring though o.O In case it matters, both my toons have MC weapons and decent party utility (my SW usually is HB and rocks feated pillar of power + con artist) so at least with the GF it shouln't be that hard to get into T9G.

That's it then, any tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

I would suggest unlocking 1 star hunts on one character, to buy lures, and go straight up the middle path on the one you want to focus unlocking ToNG on. You can use one toon to buy lures and do hunts with the other, giving you up to 25 extra totems a week. It will get you the unlock a bit faster.

That's what I kind of did with my toons, my SW for farming hunts and my punching bag GF to tank T9G, however, I'm getting bored of the new content real fast so that's why I'm considering to just go with the middle path even if takes a little longer. A friend of mine has been trading his farmed hunting stuff for superior mark of potency and he told me he has 79 now though...

Ya, hunting is a bit hamster. The gear is nice though, as well as the salvage. If it is the same pattern as PC, next patch you get, the drops will be nerfed. :p

Woah woah hold on, will they actually make hunting even more grindy and boring??? :o If that's the case, it's on patch notes somewhere I could check now?
    edited September 2017

Ya, hunting is a bit hamster. The gear is nice though, as well as the salvage. If it is the same pattern as PC, next patch you get, the drops will be nerfed. :p

Woah woah hold on, will they actually make hunting even more grindy and boring??? :o If that's the case, it's on patch notes somewhere I could check now?
    After they ninja nerfed the special chest drops, after the first week of the key change, I look for changes. I have no proof, it just feels ninja nerfed. It could be my imagination though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do that, not looking forward to hunting more anyway xD If people trade with me so I can get some superiors I may change my mind though ;) Hmmm even then... it's so boring lol, like, why is about everything tied to HAMSTER grind?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My guild has an agreement that if we team up for hunts, the summoner takes anything that drops. Everyone gets totems of course but it keeps everything fair and makes people not shy about looking for a team.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

I finally got the King of Spines lure today. I take it to preview to see how I go about killing it. The thing hits me for 600k+ with most attacks and 200k+ with its breath. It is absurd. Like you farm a lure for weeks, it gives a prize for one player, yet you need like a full pro team to beat it. lol

That thing minds its business it seems xD
    armadeonx said:

My guild has an agreement that if we team up for hunts, the summoner takes anything that drops. Everyone gets totems of course but it keeps everything fair and makes people not shy about looking for a team.

Doing that in a group definitely helps, I've done it myself a few times but getting stuff for hunting still is painfully boring for me though :/
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

That's how lots of people do it. Or, they'll do things like "+5s and lure pieces go to the summoner, salvage get rolled on", at the summoner's discretion.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    With no "leader decides" mode on consoles and many of my guilties still not doing hunts, something I've been using recently most often for one star hunts was "starting a hunt when there are other players around". Usually such players would help you (and I would help them later or before). This still doesn't work very well for hunts in ruins, there I've seen people kicking out helpers from the party to guarantee the loot or some players told me that standing far enough from the drops does not make it go for vote...
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    What is the "leader decides" thing?

I'm on PS4 and I'm curious

We run all guild on the hunts (or we bring our pseudo guild member cuz he's cool). We set the loot mode to need/greed blue and above and we all greed on everything except for predetermined items. If someone needs the boots we agree ahead of time and they need them while everyone else greeds everything.

However we all farm the junk to make the lures together and hand them to the two people that had alts that went the hunt route. That way everyone has put work into making the lures and we make sure everyone gets the gear they want. If everyone wants a specific item (like the gloves) we all hit need on that item and RNG gives it to them. Then the next go round that person greeds it since they already have one. So far we have pretty much everything on everyone - just two more people to get the alpha boots and we've covered not only our mains, but most of our alts as well.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    "Leader Decides" is a loot mode on PC. Instead of everyone getting a need/greed window, when things are looted the party leader gets a popup to let them assign the loot to any party member, including themself.

It's the preferred way of doing Hunts with strangers, to guarantee that the rare drop from the hard-to-farm monster goes to the person who farmed it. Other members of the party get whatever the leader gives them, which is often nothing or a couple of the salvage items.