test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chult hunting needs a rework

defiantone99defiantone99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,634 Arc User
There needs to be a way to make it where the person who engages rare creatures is the only one to get a trophy. This ninja thing going on is absurd. You can start fighting the rare creatures, then somebody sneaks in and ninjas the mob, getting the trophy. This makes the frustrating and time-consuming process of hunting even more annoying.
DEFIANT "Where Yesterday Has Been Exiled, Memory Is Rebellion." "The state of ruin is essentially a temporary situation that happens at some point, the volatile result of a change of era and the fall of empires. Ruins are a fantastic land where one no longer knows whether reality slips into a dream or whether, on the contrary, dream makes a brutal return into the most violent of realities." #ITMFA

Comments

• Options
    ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Yes that would be annoying but why punish the other players for.
    It should be all participants get the reward no??
  • Options
    Lol so if i engage a mob of enemies then my friend comes along to join in half way thru he should be punished for turning up late?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If everyone that engages a lure hunt creature got a chance at a lure drop, you would basically have entire guilds sitting at each spot, doing one hit, to maximize chances of the next lure drop.

The lure hunts should be 100%locked to the person that triggered it and their party. This is content that is meant to be done in a certain way. If the non lure people that aren't even in the group have a shot at the lure drop, that's wrong.
  • Options
    I think u read my post wrong dude, i didnt mean just any one who turns up aka random sponges, i mean if we are grouped up then that group should get the reward no one else.
    You can only have 5 ppl total in a group so will prevent abuse aka the whole guild sitting there.

If they intend for it to be a solo case then how are certain classes with next to no dps gona be able to complete it, considering if only the player who triggers it gets the reward puts others off from wanting to help making it a sucess.

im talking about friends / guild members grouped up, there wont be no incentive for them to help when theres nothing in it for them they juse see it as a waste of their time
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I thought the drops from the rare beasts were random, if not then how exactly is the drop determined? If it is random (which for now is what I am assuming), then does it matter if one or ten all take part, their random drops should have no effect on others random drops.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    You've got the same chance for being the one it drops for.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.