What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Updates to Inventory Management

Comments

• Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Fashion Bag - we're trying to figure out how crazy we want to get with this feature. It'll land somewhere between "just a bag where you can store Fashion stuff" to "a crazy new UI with saved dye configurations and every thing you've ever owned, with sparkles and ponies and it'll wash your car*"... *Note: car wash, ponies and sparkles not available in all territories.

Im very excited to see that you guys are thinking about this, go super crazy with it please :P

One major thing here is artifact equipment - you transmute lets say a Cape of Catastrophe or a Fallen Dragon longsword and then you stand in front of a choice to either lose that transmute for good ( no longer in game) or to lose 4M RP in the sword/cloak, also just using any expensive/hard to get skin for Arti equip is in similar situation.

This^^ was a reason why we "need" it, the reason why we want it is that its simply supercool to have multiple sets of transmuted looks and dyes and be able to change them on run easily.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    And on dyes.....
    I bought some pilgrim gear for my toons, and some i liked some i didn't, but when i dyed one with that dye pack we got not long ago, with gold and green, it looked great, so i kept it. But the other ones i dyed (preview) and it was horrible. I wanted mostly green with gold tones and lines. Not gold with green tones and lines. The dye packs cannot be adjusted, like the individual dyes can be. So my suggestion is you give a choice on dye packs. For instance with that green/gold dye you give the player the option of green or gold dominant, green or gold trim, green or gold undertones, etc. For each color in the dye pack should give options of dominant recessive trim and tones. Though they probably are different wording that that, since i don't know fashion. But hopefully you get my point.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    scathias said:

That fashion bag would make me get fashion... lots of it. Just remember that it can't act like the stable does right now (since the stable only lets you hold one of each mount) because we want to hold the same item multiple times with different dyes applied to the item.

Have a look at the fashion system from guild wars 2, that is a really nice system that you could combine with what we have already.

And just in case you missed it the last million times we told you guys, add more fashion to the game. You add like 1 set per mod, if that, and it isn't enough. You can make a lot of money by pushing fashion more. I never really understood why you guys moved the fashion out of the zen store and into the trade bar store. putting it in the TB store hides it away and prevents people from seeing it as well, and it adds a barrier to obtaining it because they can't just buy zen with real money and get the fashion, they need to buy zen, buy keys, open lockboxes and then buy the fashion. Too many steps reduces impulse purchases, and while the AH is fast it is still extra steps because you need to change zen into AD and then buy the fashion.

I would say the lack of a reasonable system for managing fashion in the first place led to relatively few players buying/collecting fashions at the kind of level one might hope for in a fantasy game, thus they weren't a profitable segment of the Zen market, thus they got moved to the tradebar store and further disengaged.

When there's a good core system for holding fashions, they might have the potential to be a better source of income.

But I also think that there'd be a lot of microtransaction potential in selling us minor cosmetic upgrades like body tattoos and nicer underwear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

And on dyes.....
    I bought some pilgrim gear for my toons, and some i liked some i didn't, but when i dyed one with that dye pack we got not long ago, with gold and green, it looked great, so i kept it. But the other ones i dyed (preview) and it was horrible. I wanted mostly green with gold tones and lines. Not gold with green tones and lines. The dye packs cannot be adjusted, like the individual dyes can be. So my suggestion is you give a choice on dye packs. For instance with that green/gold dye you give the player the option of green or gold dominant, green or gold trim, green or gold undertones, etc. For each color in the dye pack should give options of dominant recessive trim and tones. Though they probably are different wording that that, since i don't know fashion. But hopefully you get my point.

Dye channels on gear are referred to as primary, secondary, and accent, and these are pre-assigned within a dyepack. A piece of gear may also have sections that are excluded from dyes.

One issue some players have with Pilgrim is that the dominant colour when dyed is often the accent colour, which they find unintuitive.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Speaking of fashion and all. Can we get a fashion preview with dyes and such.

We actually talked about this during the Gear Preview development, but it really made that UI super-duper over-complicated, so we decided against adding dyes. I'm open to reconsidering that if dye previews are widely desired.
    Count my vote for a fashion preview!!!!!
    +++++++++++1

Now... if we can only get the armor enhancement effects not to be shown with fashion items.... ahhhhh
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    make dyes buy to unlock color on that char making it available to dye whenever we want on any kind of transmute, wardrobe and armor stand option(like Erza from the anime Fairytail), im tired to keep losing weapons, armor, helm, gloves, boots, neck and belt transmutes, whenever my char needs a different weapon, neck or belt(belt transmute need to be implement on belt not added to armor chest piece, intead of puting the sash on the armor chest piece(chult pilgrim), make it a belt transmute, in relation to armor enchantment make them like the negation look, rune engraved simbols on the armor, diferent engraved simbols based on each armor enchantment(bloodtheft enchantment with red blodd engraved simbols would look amazing), etc..., so much stuff running in my head right now that i havent accomplished to make my cw a Blood Mage fashion, because someone told me bloodtheft looks like a soaked tampon xD T.T.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    wardrobe for fashion and an armory for gear related transmutes
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Would be nice if we could transmute rings too... seems like it would be easy enough since every other piece of gear can be transmuted.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    @miasmat

Let us dye weapons. It was possible long time ago with /GenAddWindow Dye_Root command.

pretty please ;_;
  • Options

Would be nice if we could transmute rings too... seems like it would be easy enough since every other piece of gear can be transmuted.

It's not "easy enough" because there's only ever been one ring with a visual (the violet light one, which is sadly useless beyond a few levels, if that). Even gear that doesn't have visuals of its own requires some kind of blank base in order to be able to change its appearance, which we've run into in the past with artifact belts. The devs have indicated that they stopped making belts have unique visuals because they clip badly or get obscured anyway (bonus, not doing it saves artist time), but they did add that template back in so players can transmute their belt with the ones that do have visuals (typically items from the original release).

The original intent might have been for more rings to include visuals, and seems to have been for the violet ring to be used as a transmute, but it was abandoned early on. At the very least, they'd have to add a blank visual template to every ring in order to permit players to transmute them with the only ring that actually has an appearance. I'm among those who have a small sad that we can't do this, but implementation would require more resources than it's worth. They'd get more bang for their buck redesigning more helms to fit dragonborn, which is also an area where they're not budgeting resources.
    kacezet said:

Let us dye weapons. It was possible long time ago with /GenAddWindow Dye_Root command.

pretty please ;_;

This request though, this is one where they've inexplicably used developer resources to repeatedly take customization functionality away from players, which really does grind my gears.

You could previously dye weapons using the normal appearance change UI, with a small amount of fiddling to get it to work. Patched out.

Then you could still dye weapons using the command. Patched out.

It's been speculated that we're not allowed to dye weapons because we might do something ridiculous like make pink swords and somehow spoil the experience of people looking at us, although this didn't stop the team from splattering dungeon/questing dyepack all over items we can't remove it from (because dye remover doesn't work on anything you can't pull up a dyeing UI on). Also on items that don't have any visuals (like rings, for example), making it obvious that dungeon/questing dye was blanket-implemented with no care given to the actual aesthetic impact of doing so. This is strongly irritating. It ruined a number of cool-looking weapons with unique visuals, before those were removed altogether. Grr.

I've felt that not being able to dye weapons supports the ability to market any weapon skin that's nothing more than a palette shift of an existing weapon as something new and unique, but this has been enacted only a handful of times and it's practically impossible for Cryptic to try to sell or otherwise repackage as many recolored weapons as it would be possible for us to customize for ourselves. Long story short, I don't see allowing a player to put purple dye on a Sparkling Orb of Winter hurting sales of the Control Wizard Booster Pack at all. And while the Glacial Orb is the same skin, it also has a transparency effect that we can't recreate with dye anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    So essentially:

Make more room in inventory by moving fashion and quest items to tabs and make more and greater stacks of items. This makes more room for fashion which makes buying fashion and transmutes marketable with zen. With this comes dyes and various applications of dyes and bundling with zen and AH purchases different color combinations. This leads to ways to change your look on the fly without losing a look you like so you have a fashion wardrobe that can handle fashion and transmuted armors and a new means of applying them in the character equipment/fashion screen. This leads to more zen buying which is profitable for Cryptic and AH fashion/armor buying which is profitable for AH sellers....

Now if we can only be able to change a bound to character/account item to unbound for selling on AH. That would probably make some profit for cryptic and give players more control and fun.
  • Options
    jude#3765 jude Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I agree that Fashion Items should have their own space or join them into the Useful Items. I use to buy a lot of Fashion Sets during the first 6 months of the game in PS4 but stopped altogether from changing what I currently have when the choice of deleting my " dirty laundry" trumped the choice of populating my bank and bags. Only eccentric rich people do that in real life.

If you truly want Players to have a good quality of game-life, how about also including the ability to sort our most important Characters towards the top and our Bank-Alts towards the bottom of the Character Selection window. World of Warcraft already had this code developed 7 years ago, why can't the more talented Coders of Cryptic do a better job with this?
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I would very much enjoy dye previews as well!
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    If fashion no longer clutters my bags, I might even try it! I kind of forgot that even existed...

Dye previews would be great (especially if you wouldn't eed to actually have the dye pack in your inventory to see how it looks; you could preview all the dye packs in the game and if you found one you liked you could go and buy it).

Also one reason I don't display my fashion is that if you're in fashion tab you can't see/refine your gear and having to switch between tabs every time I get a green item is too tedious for me. If there was a toggle to display gear/fashion somewhere, that would be more convenient.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    There was limited functionality for previewing dye you didn't already own for the dyes in the Zen store, when they were in the Zen store. You couldn't see them on your stuff but you could see how they looked in the catalogue pictures, basically.

It's always been an irritation that you really can't otherwise tell what colours are in a dye unless you are plonking it into the change appearance UI.

Also one reason I don't display my fashion is that if you're in fashion tab you can't see/refine your gear and having to switch between tabs every time I get a green item is too tedious for me. If there was a toggle to display gear/fashion somewhere, that would be more convenient.

This was very tedious, but since you'll no longer need to access your equipment every five minutes in order to clear bag space, it'll be better even if they don't change the display toggles at all.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I prefer that they move the 3 fashion spots in the page with the armors and such and then have a fashion/equipment toggle to switch from. Perhaps make a side box next to head chest and legs for the fashion items. And perhaps if that were to happen you could toggle individual fashion pieces and such. Like have cult of the dragon pants with the pilgrim armor top. Personally i'd like to see more fashion spots and effects. Like a fashion spot at the neck for wings instead of boring cloaks.
    Post edited by athena#9205 on
  • Options
    babaloo3babaloo3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    'SECURE THIS ITEM' so you would have to 'UNSECURE' before you use it by "Accident" and lose it forever in the obyss. :'(
    Great to save items intented for, other characters, loadouts, till items become unlocked by leveling, auction...
    Maybe even have a color code on it

Thank You
    o:) / >:) :)
  • Options
    albugalalbugal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for all the work you're doing! It's definitely appreciated.

The Protected Items option is wonderful. Thank you! I'm careful, but how easy it was to burn useful things on preview made me nervous.

As for fashion, have you considered more fashion gear tabs on the character screen instead of a clothing bag? This idea was implemented in SW:TOR, and I loved it. And since we're throwing out wishes, a yellow dye someday would be lovely. But I'd be happy with a clothing bag.

Being able to preview dyes is something my fashionable friends and I have discussed more than once. If it happens, we'd utilize it.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Hmm...I wonder if fashion will incorporate a system of bonuses like mounts or companions...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @tripsofthrymr said:
    > You hear occasional horror stories of people that accidentally donate an R12 to the guild mimic. I know I triple-check when I'm overtired and about to donate/salvage/refine.
    >
    > It would be wonderful to have a "lock item" feature that prevents the item from being disposed of in any way until explicitly unlocked.

Best idea ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Hmm...I wonder if fashion will incorporate a system of bonuses like mounts or companions...

Our dearly missed Two30 jokingly suggested such a system with each slot of fashion able to hold items similar to insignias, calling them "pieces of flair".

Not to give them ideas. I think the straight up, just please yes a bag to keep our clothings in, would be a fine start.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I really like to see a overhaul of the inventory Graphics and fonts. I Think it is hard to see things, generally I like to see bigger and clearer Icons. This apply to the whole UI
  • Options
    sorcha#9865 sorcha Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Hello Thank you for everyone who commented I would only like to add I would very much see most if not all on these go into the the game....

ALL of the fashion suggestions would be great a fashion tab and a fashion switch between your gear and fashion without turing your fashion off.

Because right now if I want to see my gear I have to turn my fashion off....for this reason I never and I mean never use my fashion ever.....

And just in case you did not understand I never use my fashion ever because of this....if you where to add a fashion tab/bag I still would not use my fashion whatever it is because when I press C I expect to see my Gear not my fashion.

Thank you

Ash
  • Options
    moxman73#2583 moxman73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would like a display when you open the inventory it says you have X amount of open slots available in your bags. so you can easily check how many empty slots you have before you do a raid or something. it's frustrating to constantly count the open slots you have before you do something.

what is the point of having identity scrolls? they drop so often and they just take up space in your bags. they are basically pointless. I have never not had enough scrolls of any kind to not identify something. especially if the item is green or blue. I could see a different type of scroll for legendary items.
  • Options
    new inventory one will have you automatically identifying everything with one click, and those items can now be automatically made into refinement points. So don't get rid of scrolls you will need them for the 24th onward. A count of open slots would be nice, but you'll have allot more space with the new system, might not be needed.
  • Options
    tondaleiyo#4579 tondaleiyo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    tondaleiyo#4579 tondaleiyo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @astavis said:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > To start: I think you could be onto quite an improvement of the inventory system here indeed.
    > Some suggestions though:
    > * If you do indeed have a way to sort quest items seperately, why not move them to the utility bag, where other quest items such as keys and fishing rods go to as well?
    >
    >>>>THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    ladybearheartladybearheart Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Any chance, since the VIP benefits are in the Inventory interface, of making using the VIP benefits less work. Not too bad to get your dailies, but to use the traveling signpost, it's a bit cumbersome. Please and thank you!

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

Any chance, since the VIP benefits are in the Inventory interface, of making using the VIP benefits less work. Not too bad to get your dailies, but to use the traveling signpost, it's a bit cumbersome. Please and thank you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/4ahw6n/useful_vip_keybind_commands/