test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Updates to Inventory Management

Comments

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    hmmm.... i agree, move maps into the keys tab.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Move some/most/all quest items into the Useful Items tab. The most obvious items that should get put there are persistent things like the reclaimed River District magic/weapons/treasures. Really, ALL yellow bordered items should go into the useful items tab. I get you might not want people to accumulate quests over days and do them all at once, but is that really something to be concerned about? The Chult campaign being so weekly-based (and that is awesome!) shows that this approach has merit anyway.

---

I also think a wardrobe would be fantastic. The best idea I've heard though is to just have transmute unlocks that can be applied to any future items. Anything that is actually tagged as a "Transmute" item should be "unlocked" and persistent forever, able to be applied any number of times, along with unique items acquired from race, class, and campaign quests. I still have race, class, and faction specific cloaks hoarded in my various inventories and banks that I never used for fear of losing them forever. A lot of good they've done me...

Really, the whole fashion system was discouraging to use, so I was discouraged from using it much. Nowadays I rarely mess with it. I just occasionally dye things and use the odd weapon transmute I get from CTAs and the Simril Fest.

---

This probably belongs in the preview section, but I really REALLY feel that you should add a "Shared RP" section to the bank like Gold and Tradebars to transfer RP back and forth between characters. It could even have a fairly low cap so it isn't used to bank all RP on an account, but would allow transferring RP. I know the raw items can be transferred, but the system as is still encourages hoarding RP items until you decide to refine a specific item on a specific character.
  • simontmagussimontmagus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hey Gang -

Some really excellent ideas being tabled here, and I thought I'd add my two-coppers into the mix.

Definitely a way to designate bags for certain items if desired. Like 'Enchantments and Runestones' go In this bag, Weapons and Armor go in this bag, etc.

Also, sorting by individual bag is a must, and a 'Lock' toggle per inventory bag. As an aside, I'm very OCD about my inventory, and to hit a button and accidentally sort my entire inventory at once, would drive me insane.

I liked the idea I saw of a choice to have bags fill bottom to top or top to bottom, depending on player choice.

A costume bag would be amazing (Or adding them to the useful items tab)! A shared costume bag would be even better. :P It would certainly prompt more roleplay and players buying costumes! Right now, I have a character who has lost half her bank space to costumes.

Anyway, those are the ideas that I've had (or support) to toss into the mix. Take care and safe travels! :smiley:
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

Discussion thread for the new M12b Developer Blog: Updates to Inventory Management!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10644154

I love this. It let's us spend less time on management and more time actually playing. Thank you!

I would love to see this kind of time savings applied to professions. "Collect all" to process all completed tasks at once, and "Do multiple times" so we can run a task for as many times as we have assets/resources. A rebuild of the interface to be faster would be great, but just those two additions would make it far more pleasurable.

Thanks!

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • erekosedm#9288 erekosedm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    - Add an Autoloot functionality.

Have it configurable with a master list page with check boxes for loot and do not loot. Let that list be accessible to all alts, but allow individual characters to have unique settings.
    For "new" items have it set to Autoloot, after discovering the item disabling the item off the master list of items if desired.
    Allow the Autoloot to work while on a mount as well.

Ex: any Mc professions drop off a boss, upcoming artifacts not in game yet, sweet salvage loots I want it on Autoloot.
    I don't want it missed in a sea of swag of identification scrolls, mid tier potions, and green gears I don't want today.

- Remove the gold penalty for unequipping enchantments from gears and weapons.
    - Remove the gold penalty for unequipping runestones off companions/pets
    - Remove the ability to discard enchantments and runestones from the equip and companion pages. I will NEVER want to discard on these pages.
    - Add locking functionality to gears, enchantments, and runestones. I carry alternative gear and enchants on me for situational use. I want it safe from "sell all" , "convert all to rp" type commands or events.

- Add professions and profession resources to the bank tabs on consoles.
    - Add the upcoming RP resources to the bank to be account shareable like tradebars are currently for ease of use.

- Add a new pack to the zen market with another account unlock bag available to all alts similar to the dragon hoard bag, but larger in space. A Trex hoard bag for all alts.
    Post edited by erekosedm#9288 on
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    "Are there any other inventory features that you’d like to see?"

Identification Scrolls already stack to 999, as well as many event bags/rewards.

Adjust these to stack to 999 as well:

Invocation Blessing
    Refining Points stones/gems (mod12b)
    Health and Stat Potions
    Food buff Potions
    Portable Altar
    Skill Node Kits (Arcana, Nature, Religion, Dungeoneering, Thievery )
    Greater Potion of Dragon Slaying
    Greater Potion of Protection from Dragons
    Potion of Dragon Slaying
    Potion of Protection from Dragons
    Defense Supplies (event)
    Wondrous Grommet (event)
    Professional Fireworks (event)
    Tome of Experience
    Tome of Companion Experience
    Greater Tome of Companion Experience
    etc.

TIA
    i like the auto loot idea. My thoughts would be: All items that drop normally onto the ground, drop only for parties, if you're solo have it go into your inventory and have 'rules' for auto converting. Like you kill a batiri in chult, it drops a blue batiri item and 2 green items: a useless armor piece and a insignia. All 3 are picked up and placed into your inventory. The blue goes to profession resources, the green armor gets converted automatically to RP (rule set for it) and the insignia gets placed into the bag dedicated for insignias (Auto sort function rule per bag)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

i like the auto loot idea. My thoughts would be: All items that drop normally onto the ground, drop only for parties, if you're solo have it go into your inventory and have 'rules' for auto converting. Like you kill a batiri in chult, it drops a blue batiri item and 2 green items: a useless armor piece and a insignia. All 3 are picked up and placed into your inventory. The blue goes to profession resources, the green armor gets converted automatically to RP (rule set for it) and the insignia gets placed into the bag dedicated for insignias (Auto sort function rule per bag)

Autolooting and auto-destroying is much trickier to implement than you might think. WoW had a mod for this when I played back in the day, and you could use a filter for sell/don't sell. It was notoriously finicky and you almost always sold items you wanted to keep with no recovery.

having a "Always sell this item" list that you could manually put entries in would be awesome though. IE Always sell "Potion of Healing" etc.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 one thing that would work nicely is the bag we get or buy to add the inv slots to one single inv bag, basicly the bag item we buy or receive automaticly increases the inv space son that we dont have multiple bags, like a bag/inv expansion item with lets say 11 slots for i inventory token to increase inv slots with a cheap price in zen store and sellable in ah
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

First of all, thank you for showing the inventory some love. :)

Some suggestions (some of those have been mentioned before in this thread, but I'd like to show my support for them ):
    * Lock bags - flag a bag as locked. Items on this bag cannot be sold, discarded, donated, salvaged, converted to refinement points etc.
    * Search functionality - search item by name across all the bags. Although filtering will probably help find that one item that you picked up but can't find anywhere in the inventory.
    * Filters for "gear only", "refinement only".
    * Separate tab for quest items. Please.
    * Bag rearrangement without emptying it first.
    * Make treasure items stack to more than 20. 999 would be best. Make invocation rewards stack to 999.
    * "Sell all treasure" button is great, but even better would be a "Sell all in this bag" button. That way you could dedicate one bag for items you plan to sell and can sort items into it while questing and then sell them all when you get to a vendor. There's not all that many treasure items at level 70 but you may want to sell other stuff you pick up - like potions, sub-70 gear, skill kits for your own class.

YES INVOCATION BAGS STACK ON EACH OTHER AND DREAD RING BAGS STACK ASWELL; WHY? SO i can manage my time better and arrange rp bag to open on a different day(mostly sundays relax days), etc...
  • tcel#8876 tcel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Updates and love to Inventory much appreciated.
    I support many of the suggestions above and would like to add my own. In our character bags we can have other bags whether from quest and profession completions, etc. Why then do we not have bags available in our bank. In another game I played we could make / buy bags and chests of different sizes for bank slots to expand capacity. I understand this cuts into $$ for you, but really we have very little in the way of bank space already and it does not expand much with levels.

https://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vz
    Come join us on our Knights Radiant Info Discord Server!
    There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.

Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20 - Helm of the Alliance
    Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • micahlee#4443 micahlee Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would LOVE to be able to rename my bags, or have icons for them, like a refinement jewel or mark of potency, etc. Or a name so you can sort them easier for personal item organization.

Thanks
    edited September 2017

"As implied above, also, an option to change between sets of all powers would be helpful, but just the HUD-accessible powers. (I originally thought this was what "loadouts" were going to be… but that turned out to be something much, much bigger…)"

I like this idea. Had something similar on a non-online game (can't remember which one) and you pressed a key and it switched you from melee configuration to ranged configuration. As for NW you could set up a 'switch' configuration (i'd set the key to ~) and have a setup on the powers page to create switches. For my TR i'd set up one for mobs and one for bosses using the same loadout, and i'd label them as such. This could be profitable to Cryptic in having 2 switches and more would be purchasable with zen just like loadouts are.

one a side note, you can do something similar with fashion. on Fashion page of character screen have "wardrobe switch" which loads all your saved fashion groupings together. And any fashions that are replaced will go into the wardrobe tab on inventory (not inventory bags!!!).
  • legionnaireprimelegionnaireprime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My quality of life suggestion: A SELL ALL BUTTON ON VONINBLOOD MERCHANTS!

Also everything you can buy in game should have a numeric slider so you can buy multiples as applicable. It is annoying as hell to have to click buy and confirm over and over for campaign specific currencies for example.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Fashion item management is of prime inportance to the RP crowd, and adding fashion items to the Useful Items Tab is in fact a developers concern to keep this an MMO"RP"G...

My bags are overflowing with fashion. I am not a role player, but i fully support this idea.
    Fashion item Tab .
    That would make people stop yelling for more bag space.
    And they would be able to collect more then they do now. Including things we throw away, since we have no space.
    And a possibility would then open, to sell us MORE FASHION ITEMS. To make a profit of our ridiculous fashion senses.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    miasmat said:

Fashion Bag - we're trying to figure out how crazy we want to get with this feature. It'll land somewhere between "just a bag where you can store Fashion stuff" to "a crazy new UI with saved dye configurations and every thing you've ever owned, with sparkles and ponies and it'll wash your car*"... *Note: car wash, ponies and sparkles not available in all territories.

And for emphasis I'll take one from the gif master book, and add another one:

• akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    > @erekosedm#9288 said:
    > - Add an Autoloot functionality.
    >
    > Have it configurable with a master list page with check boxes for loot and do not loot. Let that list be accessible to all alts, but allow individual characters to have unique settings.
    > For "new" items have it set to Autoloot, after discovering the item disabling the item off the master list of items if desired.
    > Allow the Autoloot to work while on a mount as well.
    >
    > Ex: any Mc professions drop off a boss, upcoming artifacts not in game yet, sweet salvage loots I want it on Autoloot.
    > I don't want it missed in a sea of swag of identification scrolls, mid tier potions, and green gears I don't want today.
    >
    > - Remove the gold penalty for unequipping enchantments from gears and weapons.
    > - Remove the gold penalty for unequipping runestones off companions/pets
    > - Remove the ability to discard enchantments and runestones from the equip and companion pages. I will NEVER want to discard on these pages.
    > - Add locking functionality to gears, enchantments, and runestones. I carry alternative gear and enchants on me for situational use. I want it safe from "sell all" , "convert all to rp" type commands or events.
    >
    >
    > - Add professions and profession resources to the bank tabs on consoles.
    > - Add the upcoming RP resources to the bank to be account shareable like tradebars are currently for ease of use.
    >
    > - Add a new pack to the zen market with another account unlock bag available to all alts similar to the dragon hoard bag, but larger in space. A Trex hoard bag for all alts.

Say Yes! to all of this please devs
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    That fashion bag would make me get fashion... lots of it. Just remember that it can't act like the stable does right now (since the stable only lets you hold one of each mount) because we want to hold the same item multiple times with different dyes applied to the item.

Have a look at the fashion system from guild wars 2, that is a really nice system that you could combine with what we have already.

And just in case you missed it the last million times we told you guys, add more fashion to the game. You add like 1 set per mod, if that, and it isn't enough. You can make a lot of money by pushing fashion more. I never really understood why you guys moved the fashion out of the zen store and into the trade bar store. putting it in the TB store hides it away and prevents people from seeing it as well, and it adds a barrier to obtaining it because they can't just buy zen with real money and get the fashion, they need to buy zen, buy keys, open lockboxes and then buy the fashion. Too many steps reduces impulse purchases, and while the AH is fast it is still extra steps because you need to change zen into AD and then buy the fashion.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    Speaking of fashion and all. Can we get a fashion preview with dyes and such. For example i'm in AH i find a nice HR gear (i'm TR, i want cross class transmute) and i preview it on my TR then choose from the list of all possible dyes in game and set the previewed armor transmute up the way i'd want it to, then i get the choices of lowest bid and lowest buyout for the item and the dye and i choose buyout. Then in the mail i get the item and dye apply those to my TR gear to get the cool looking HR gear transmuted and dyed. This transmute setup then i set to my fashion tab and it goes into there for when i wish to change my armor look. Same for Fashion items, want to be able to dye the dragon garb to a bright green and have that put into my fashion tab.

Also can we get effects? Like the armor enhancements do. Dread creates a bluish glow. That final armor in RD creates a shadowy effect. I'd like some effects to apply to the armor/fashion item to give them some cool looks.

AND WINGS.... I WANT WINGS !!!!
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer

Speaking of fashion and all. Can we get a fashion preview with dyes and such.

We actually talked about this during the Gear Preview development, but it really made that UI super-duper over-complicated, so we decided against adding dyes. I'm open to reconsidering that if dye previews are widely desired.

AND WINGS.... I WANT WINGS !!!!

Done! See Feywild Regalia: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1004500-now-available:-sprite-companion-and-more!
    edited September 2017
    No i just want wings to put on my armor. Something like the bird ppl on air EE. feathered or bat wings, able to dye any color. Make it a neck piece instead of a cloak please.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Is love to see the draconian templar are set in my inventory...or on a vendor.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Although interested, I never bothered with fashion items due to lack of inventory space and also due to the fact that its very difficult to know which fashion is available. I'm glad the first part is being addressed and I hope the second part will also get some love :-)
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Although interested, I never bothered with fashion items due to lack of inventory space and also due to the fact that its very difficult to know which fashion is available. I'm glad the first part is being addressed and I hope the second part will also get some love :-)

What do you mean, what fashion is available ?
    There is whole packs you can get both on AH or for T bars.
    Not to mention almost every event has some sort of an outfit. Just like the Port...eh... ( I forgot the name ) , that is happening right now.
    And ofc then you have masterwork profession outfits .But that is extra.And takes a long er period of time.

Every campg. zone has like at least 2 sets of that zone outfit.
    Some you can get really cheaply and some during special promotions. And some by opening lockboxes.
    I got three runic bags of em. I should know...
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    miasmat said:

We actually talked about this during the Gear Preview development, but it really made that UI super-duper over-complicated, so we decided against adding dyes. I'm open to reconsidering that if dye previews are widely desired.

Count me in as "widely desired". ESPECIALLY if there's a button on the UI to purchase and apply the appropriate dyes.

Take a look at Star Trek Online's uniform customisation. There, you can select any look you want regardless of if you own it or not, and the "purchase" button gives you a price in EC ("Gold") and Zen to buy all the pieces and/or all the packs containing the pieces you selected.

(In STO, all fashion unlocks are account-wide, though. And every fashion that's part of a larger pack is ALSO available on its own. I'd like that too!)

Another thing to take from STO: Multiple costume slots. Every character starts with a Uniform and an Off-Duty slot (like Neverwinter's existing Gear/Fashion toggles) but in STO, you get an extra one of each as you level up and you can buy additional slots to store costumes. Being able to store more than one "look" and swap quickly between fashion sets would be very nice to have.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    > @araneax said:
    > Although interested, I never bothered with fashion items due to lack of inventory space and also due to the fact that its very difficult to know which fashion is available. I'm glad the first part is being addressed and I hope the second part will also get some love :-)
    >
    > What do you mean, what fashion is available ?
    > There is whole packs you can get both on AH or for T bars.
    > Not to mention almost every event has some sort of an outfit. Just like the Port...eh... ( I forgot the name ) , that is happening right now.
    > And ofc then you have masterwork profession outfits .But that is extra.And takes a long er period of time.
    >
    > Every campg. zone has like at least 2 sets of that zone outfit.
    > Some you can get really cheaply and some during special promotions. And some by opening lockboxes.
    > I got three runic bags of em. I should know...

It is exactly as you say. There are many sources for fashion items. It would be nice to have a total overview so we can choose in that overview which fashion we like and then find it at the appropriate source (tbar store/profession/ah etc)