test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 12B : Undocumented HR changes

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
edited September 2017 in The Wilds
Since we didn't get a complete list of all changes made for mod 12B on preview I'll start a list of the changes I noticed for HR's so far and will try and update it over time.

1- Blade Hurricane : Flurry now actually starts at the end of the animation for all encounters. This means that the maximum number of blade hurricanes you can get after activating an encounter is the same for all encounters. Compared to Mod 12, you can count on one more proc (2 attacks) for most encounters. The damage was however reduced from 165% to 150%.

2- Aspect of the Pack : Rank 4 no longer disable the artifact offhand bonus.

3- Seeker's Vengeance : It know works for both ranged and melee damage.

4- Marauder's Rush : The animation was fixed (or shortened if you prefer) which means you can now use another power right after you reach your target.
Post edited by artifleur on

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    All good news. And the extra flurry hit more than compensates for the 15% loss.

I miss marauders, but it was only ever useful in mod2 pvp. Lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Well, actually Faral got to page 1 of the PvP list pugging in mod11 using LS, Marauder and Plant Growth, before he decided to leave the game. He had to unslot it only against GFs
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    And in large encounters (with a Trapper) you can get 100% LS uptime if the animation is shortened enough (will need to test).
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    When I pvp as combat I use the old favourites Fox, plant and boars.

Not a fan of boars to be honest. Hardly ever seems to knock anyone over. Don't know why really. Never/very rarely works on GFs/OPs because shield. Nor on DCs or CWs, because magic I guess. Almost never on TRs, because itc. Works on GWFs if not big and red, and HRs. Mainly works on SWs. Boars is our only encounter that procs combatants maneuver.

Argh. What to replace it with though. TW I guess..? As combat..? steel breeze..?

I just hope the c.c. changes make HRs lives easier. So tired of spending 3/4 of the game dazed, stunned, getting blown all over.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    He was using marauders to move back to Longstrider's range and then back for PG and at-wills. With GFs he had to slot Fox to survive but with other classes it worked well.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    artifleur said:

1- Blade Hurricane : Flurry now actually start at the end of the animation for all encounters. This means one more proc (2 attacks) for most encounters and at-wills. The damage was however reduced from 165% to 150%.

Sorry to ask, but when does it starts now? whats the difference that gives us 2 more atacks for at wills --and encounters? what does the encounters do here, they just trigger flurry, right? .

Also, do we will slot seekers instead of blades now?

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

artifleur said:

1- Blade Hurricane : Flurry now actually start at the end of the animation for all encounters. This means one more proc (2 attacks) for most encounters and at-wills. The damage was however reduced from 165% to 150%.

Sorry to ask, but when does it starts now? whats the difference that gives us 2 more atacks for at wills --and encounters? what does the encounters do here, they just trigger flurry, right? .

Also, do we will slot seekers instead of blades now?

Sorry this part wasn't very clear, I edited it to try and make it clearer.

If by "blades" you mean blade storm then yes seekers should definitely be a lot better. Blade storm was pretty bad anyway since it only really helped in fights with lots of mobs which are very easy compared to boss fights.
    Thank you for your quick answer.

When doe flurry starts now, compared to mod12b?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    At the moment it starts at the begining of the animation with a few exceptions like gushing wounds. Basically it's a mess.
    Oh, I understand now, you miss the hole animation span as potential flurried at will strikes. Thank you very much for the information.

As you mention GW, does still works the flurry activation by shift cancel GW, in 12b?