test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadowborn + Whirlwind Interaction

sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
So, it looks like, since they fixed the WWoB stacking, they also stopped the way Shadowborn interacted with Whirlwind, as well. It no longer holds the Shadowborn buff. This makes dying breath the better option, in my opinion.

Just an FYI to the Shadowborn holdouts who, like me, didn't realize this change had been implemented as there was no mention of it by the devs.
Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

Comments

• Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Aaahh really nice, at least the devs could say: "Hey we did an small rework on the Tr class, so don't call us a liar or lazy."

*Hello darkness dear old friend....*

Or maybe we should think about another tactic, something like reverse psychology, so instead of begging for an tweak/buff, we should ask for an "Nerf us down to ground, wehre we belong to be!!!111ELEVEN"

And suddenly the devs buffs us skyhigh....

I had an dream...

But are you that sure about dying breath?

Ok with the loadouts we could use different guides, and TonG is for me definitely more Tr friendly, than Fbi or Sp (second boss is my personal Nemesis), the thing is you need an Add in the Bossfight (not sure if the Ice that Drufi casts count), and there is an option, that makes it viable (but i will not post it here, bc it is clearly not WAI, if you have interest, feel free to pm me in the forum)
    And no we didn't use it, we tested it once on the preview server just for fun, and we all knew what will happened, if somebody is using them on live.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    It was done earlier, much earlier but as you said, there was no mention in patch notes. I remember testing it somewhere around when we were working on suggestions for the first thread and it didnt work. I remember it worked at some point but no one knows when it stopped working.
    I still preferred Shadowborn to Dying breath, at least for boss fights since they had no adds. Now the Bosses in Tomb have plenty of adds and Dying breath is indeed a better option.
  • Options
    That is interesting. Console players are saying it is still working for them. I wish the devs would tell us when they change things like this.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    If it still works for console then it either didnt get fixed for them or it broke for us, not sure though if it was ever supposed to work.
  • Options
    dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I never used Shadowborn, since it only increases dps for 1 hit. Used Dying Breath all the way and I perform good in all dungeons.
  • Options

I never used Shadowborn, since it only increases dps for 1 hit. Used Dying Breath all the way and I perform good in all dungeons.

The whole point of the interaction between Shadowborn and WWoB, was that the WWoB held the Shadowborn buff for the duration of the WWoB buff, or about 12 seconds. So, it worked for however many hits you could get in, in that 12 second window. Now, it does indeed only work for one hit, and will proc on dots like smoke bomb and bleed tics, making it pretty useless from a practical standpoint.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    So, late to the game and saw this posting. Instead of shadowborn, would anyone recommened exposed weakness, or stick with dying breath?

Just wondering, cause with the bonding changes upcoming, having more "ignoring armor" stuff would seem to work well (lots of armpen on my companion).
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

So, late to the game and saw this posting. Instead of shadowborn, would anyone recommened exposed weakness, or stick with dying breath?

Just wondering, cause with the bonding changes upcoming, having more "ignoring armor" stuff would seem to work well (lots of armpen on my companion).

ArP stat is the easiest to get enough of, with a ratio of about 110stat -> 1%. IMO, you don't want to waste feats on an easy to get stat. More so that in PvE most of the time you are out of stealth, so it wont count anywhere meaningful anyway.
  • Options
    Xbone tr here, whirlwind and shadowborn still work for 12 seconds.

And we did get the fix, per the patch notes we got. Whirlwind and shadowborn just don’t work twice within that 12 second window anymore. So you can’t double your output and then double it again before the window closes.