test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do we have to look for a new weapon enchantment?

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Hi guys.

With bonding changes we will loose great amount of crit. Especially combat path, which trades crit chance for crit severity.

With these changes in mind, do we have to look for another, not crit-based enchantment? If yes, then which one? Feytouched seem to be bugged on HR.

Comments

• stefoid#1036 stefoid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    huh, had to read what you are talking about.

Some are saying to move back to augment companion and eldritch?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Bondings are still the best.

I dunno, I swapped from trans vorp to trans fey, hated the bugginess of it - it bugs on many of our powers, and bugs things like magistrates consideration, lolset procs and very probably any other dots that proc off weapon damage related conditions. Swapped back to trans vorp again. Basically because it's so simple in its effect there's nothing to bug.

I'll prop my crit up, and keep it. Or maybe have a look at bile, since things will die slowly enough for it to be useful maybe, or the new bronzewood.

Not sure I can summon the energy though tbh. This nerf is a nerf too far.

On the positive side it seems seekers vengeance and rnk4 pack is fixed on preview so... yay.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Bondings are still the best.

I dunno, I swapped from trans vorp to trans fey, hated the bugginess of it - it bugs on many of our powers, and bugs things like magistrates consideration, lolset procs and very probably any other dots that proc off weapon damage related conditions. Swapped back to trans vorp again. Basically because it's so simple in its effect there's nothing to bug.

I'll prop my crit up, and keep it. Or maybe have a look at bile, since things will die slowly enough for it to be useful maybe, or the new bronzewood.

Not sure I can summon the energy though tbh. This nerf is a nerf too far.

On the positive side it seems seekers vengeance and rnk4 pack is fixed on preview so... yay.

did you test seekers vengeance? the guy who said so affirms that feytouch is fixed and its not.
    considering how easy is to test it, i really cant trust it.

by the way my forum report about feytouch was noticed and its on their radar...which means nothing.

eventually (for pve) lightning may be a choice.

i will stick with vorpal
    edited September 2017
    Hmm. Damn. I really hope it's fixed.

I might drop gambit and add an erinyes. If combat advantage counts as critsev anyway, then I've had too much for a long time. 185% is supposed to be about best, and I've had about 200% or so for ages. If I swap some azures into my pet post nerf I should hit 85-90% crit chance again.

My power will take a hit though :(

One bonus for trans vorp users though, the next rank only gives another 5% critsev, so screw that, mine can stay the way it is.
    edited September 2017
    jonkoca said:

Hmm. Damn. I really hope it's fixed.

I might drop gambit and add an erinyes. If combat advantage counts as critsev anyway, then I've had too much for a long time. 185% is supposed to be about best, and I've had about 200% or so for ages. If I swap some azures into my pet post nerf I should hit 85-90% crit chance again.

My power will take a hit though :(

One bonus for trans vorp users though, the next rank only gives another 5% critsev, so screw that, mine can stay the way it is.

is supposed to be the best if you are considering feytouch as option, otherwise you have no other choices than continue to stack it.
    even at 185 critical sev, 5% should account for 2% more damage
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I tested both seekers and rank 4 pack on preview and yes they're fixed.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

did you test seekers vengeance? the guy who said so affirms that feytouch is fixed and its not.
    considering how easy is to test it, i really cant trust it.

The problem with testing Feytouched is that a lot of people look at the buff icon instead of checking the actual damage. With some skills, the icon doesn't show up but the damage increase works.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    After going on preview and only going back to rank 13 bondings and azures on the companion I'm back at Crit and Arpen caps so within 5 min of going live you will only see a difference in a small loss of power and that is it. I swapped to Trans Fey a month ago for my SW Combat build and it has been great.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    @jonkoca

So you say we should go full crit first and place azures on our companions to get decent amount of crit?

And recently I upgraded all my brutals to 12 on my companion. Sweet :neutral:
    Well, that's what I'm gonna do, getting crit back to somewhere in the high 80s is my second concern, after hitting the arpen cap. When those two stats are sorted out, power and lifesteal will be my next target.

Seekers being fixed will go a long way to helping out the power deficit. 19% damage bonus equals roughly 8000 power. I'll try get that new artifact with the 50% bonus damage too.
    @jonkoca

Fixed Seekers will work with melee attacks?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Well, that's what I'm gonna do, getting crit back to somewhere in the high 80s is my second concern, after hitting the arpen cap. When those two stats are sorted out, power and lifesteal will be my next target.

Seekers being fixed will go a long way to helping out the power deficit. 19% damage bonus equals roughly 8000 power. I'll try get that new artifact with the 50% bonus damage too.

Seeker's actually is a lot better than 8000 power since it is a seperate buff, in other words it's multiplicative with other damage buffs (power, crit severity/CA, etc...). It won't apply to everything, obviously, but it'll be a great boost no doubt.
    edited September 2017
    NM
    So now that devs are fixing bugs left and right, if Feytouched will work properly with HR, will it be BiS for Combat?
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yes. As long as your at 185% crit severity +ca I believe. Even if your slightly under, it'll be bis because it's a multiplicative buff and it buffs aoc which vorpal does not. You'll have to play with your stats and see what's best for you.
    edited October 2017
    When considering to use vorpal or not you need to do a little math to see how much of a gain it is. Assuming you have 100% crit rate add your total Crit Sev with your total CA bonus then look at Jannes spreadsheet to get the actual % increase the vorpal will add.

Example for myself. ATM on live I have w/food & pots 172% crit sev and 33.9% CA bonus which equals out to 205.9% combined.
    Using http://janne.coreside.com/mechanics/crit-ca adding in an additional 50% crit sev would net me a 16.33% dps increase. Where as Fey is 18% + multiplies with other buffs making it the strongest option for Combat HR's atm. I have been using Trans Fey the last few weeks and It works out much better for me as long as I don't bug it out.

Sources of Crit sev & CA dmg:

Skirmishers Gambit Feet: 50%
    Sleet Skills, Boon: 2%
    Dragon’s Fury 3/3, Boon: 8%
    Fiery Frenzy, Boon: 2%
    Wild Storm Elixir: 10%
    Superior flask of Potency: 7.5%
    Grand Summer Feast: 2.5% or Squash Soup: 5%, cant stack both of these foods
    Adorable Pocket Pet: 5%
    Erinyes of Belial: 10% or Cambion Magus: 10%, rarely will people run both.

Combat Advantage bonus

Diminishing returns over 1200

Base: 15%
    Drow Ambush Tactics: 10% CA dmg bonus
    Mount Insignia, of Skill: 100 ea
    Artifacts @ Mythic: 600 ea, Horn of Valhalla, Heart of the Blue Dragon, Kessell’s Sphere, Black Ice Beholder, Sigil of the Trickster & Lantern of Revelation
    Encroaching Tactics: 400
    Demonic Influence: 400

What will be better in 12.5 since we can't stack all of our elixirs that we can now. Will Wild Storms or Fate be better?
    Post edited by dragonsbane3 on
    Depends on the difference between the +1 dex (and the disciple of dexterity feat) and +1 cha and maybe +1 con (due to Aoc) from fate vs +10% crit severity from storm. Not sure if fate is better in that regard. Will have to test on preview with an op friend the difference in damage.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Great info, making another Fey.

@jonkoca, what new arti?
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Great info, making another Fey.

@jonkoca, what new arti?

Soul Sight Crystal.

1000 Power/1000 Lifesteal/600 Control Bonus.

If you apply it to a target, for the next 10 seconds, your attacks gain 1.5x damage versus the Soul Sighted Target.
    Functions similarly to the GF's Knight's Challenge: use it well and prepare burn the boss within the time allotted.

Your screen will also turn photo-negative like this:

In addition, a white circle will be pulsing from the Soul Sighted Target, making it easy to spot who you're supposed to attack for massive damage.

---

So far, from what I've tried with it, it mercifully works with Plant Growth, Gushing Wound, Blade Hurricane, and Piercing Blades, but oddly doesn't work with Thorned Roots or Careful Attack.

After messing around with it on preview I believe I will be staying with the Wheel. In all honesty it will be awesome for GWFs and TRs' whom can setup burn phases and dish out great dmg in short bursts. Where as us HR's don't really have burst potential. I am getting better dmg from 30% at 28 secs vs 50% for 10 secs. As well as the stats from the Wheel are slightly better imo.
    Argh, it's looking like I'll have to swap back to bug-tastic fey again. Between swapping from vorp to fey, back to vorp, and now back to fey again... I've probably lost 2 or 3 million.
    @jonkoca

Feybug is legit to use now? All problems with entity powers fixed?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @dragonsbane3 said:
    > When considering to use vorpal or not you need to do a little math to see how much of a gain it is. Assuming you have 100% crit rate add your total Crit Sev with your total CA bonus then look at Jannes spreadsheet to get the actual % increase the vorpal will add.
    >
    > Example for myself. ATM on live I have w/food & pots 172% crit sev and 33.9% CA bonus which equals out to 205.9% combined.
    > Using http://janne.coreside.com/mechanics/crit-ca adding in an additional 50% crit sev would net me a 16.33% dps increase. Where as Fey is 18% + multiplies with other buffs making it the strongest option for Combat HR's atm. I have been using Trans Fey the last few weeks and It works out much better for me as long as I don't bug it out.
    >
    > Sources of Crit sev & CA dmg:
    >
    > Skirmishers Gambit Feet: 50%
    > Sleet Skills, Boon: 2%
    > Dragon’s Fury 3/3, Boon: 8%
    > Fiery Frenzy, Boon: 2%
    > Wild Storm Elixir: 10%
    > Superior flask of Potency: 7.5%
    > Grand Summer Feast: 2.5% or Squash Soup: 5%, cant stack both of these foods
    > Adorable Pocket Pet: 5%
    > Erinyes of Belial: 10% or Cambion Magus: 10%, rarely will people run both.
    >
    > Combat Advantage bonus
    >
    > Diminishing returns over 1200
    >
    > Base: 15%
    > Drow Ambush Tactics: 10% CA dmg bonus
    > Mount Insignia, of Skill: 100 ea
    > Artifacts @ Mythic: 600 ea, Horn of Valhalla, Heart of the Blue Dragon, Kessell’s Sphere, Black Ice Beholder, Sigil of the Trickster & Lantern of Revelation
    > Encroaching Tactics: 400
    > Demonic Influence: 400
    >
    >
    > What will be better in 12.5 since we can't stack all of our elixirs that we can now. Will Wild Storms or Fate be better?

Are you sure Drow Ambush Tactics is 10% more CA damage bonus?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited October 2017
    Still bugged as far as I know, you can work around it though. No thornward etc.

I dunno. With vorpal I have too much critsev. 190 base, up to 230 plus with pots and combat advantage.

I think for pve I'm gonna keep the vorpal, and drop gambit to prop up my crit chance. If I add an erinyes, I should be back up around 185 critsev and high 80s critchance. 90+50vorp+25ca+10pot+10erinyes = 185.

Finding it hard to care really, with the bonding nerf etc. For 12b I'll probably grab myself a soul seer arti, level that up, and spend the rest of the time in PvP on my TR alt.
    edited October 2017
    FEYTOUCH IS NOW FIXED! JUST TESTED

and with carefull attack able to proc enchantments again it may become the bis choice
    Post edited by rayrdan on
    Yassssss!!! This is in preview right???
    edited October 2017
    eliybeats said:

Yassssss!!! This is in preview right???

yes, carefull attack is not doing that yet tho
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

FEYTOUCH IS NOW FIXED! JUST TESTED

and with carefull attack able to proc enchantments again it may become the bis choice

Great to hear.

I swear, Feytouched was being kept in check by all of its stupid bugs.

Now that it actually isn't bugged, I can see UP Fey rekting UP Vorpal most circumstances...

Oh man. That's awesome news. I recently bought trans fey for my GF for 2.5 mil AD. It will be awesome if I can use it on my HR.

Btw. You guys think that Dread still will be bis for trapper?