test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All-in-One Review Package for Mod.12B

masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Hey all, going in directly,

* Rank 14 upgrade, along with bonding stone nerf is literally saying the players that u need to farm now to be able to reach where u were 3 minutes ago, and I believe a big change like bonding nerf and rank 14 update shouldn't be together. (-)
* Never EVER think about bringing uptime-downtime to Bondings, NEVER! (-)
* Convert to RP option is a big Quality of Life improvement to my eyes. (+)
* Getting rid of a second of the same enchantment is a big improvement, as well. (+)
* Adding enchantment stones that drops un-bound from Tong is a very good implementation but we need to see actual drop rates ofc. (+)
* I still believe the need of coalescent ward and preservation wards is such a stupid thing to have along with RP, but hey MONEY! (-)

Bug Fixes:

* As far as I tested, u guys fixed Feytouched issue with AoE powers which is very much welcomed.
* Seeker's Vengeance of Hunter Ranger is now looking to be fixed for melee powers.

Minor Suggestions:

* With this update, not everyone will be able to hit Armor Pen cap with only bondings easily. So, my suggestion is to add a small icon next to damage floaters indicating the armor penetration of the damage we deal. Ex: If the target is at 60% Damage Resistance and we are hitting with 40% armor pen, give us a yellow icon that says, "Hey, u can actually deal more damage!", u got the point.
* After bonding changes, we all will become weaker, so a little bit of dungeon tweaks might be needed, not every player in server is running FBI for record times.

Unparalleled Enchants:

* In general, I believe that the increase from transcendent to unparalleled should be high, and also higher than any other rank up. It is the hardest after all, and the most expensive one, as well. Ex: Say, Vorpal at trans. is 50% crit sev. + 2% damage debuff and %2 defence debuff. It should be something like, at least 60-65% crit sev + 5% damage debuff and 5% dr debuff for it to make sense.
* Some unparalleled enchants are looking logical to upgrade but some like Dread looks really really stupid to upgrade. Only an increase from 75% to 80% crit sev looks really stupid considering the less effectiveness we get from crit sev the higher crit sev. we have.
* Negation was already OP, %4 for each stack is way too much at unparalleled.

Finally, I believe the weapon enchants should be the most powerful damage enforcer we have, so my opinion in this regard, make an enchant hard to rank up to unparalleled but also make it count. I couldn't test each enchant but here are some suggestions for enchants of unparalleled(I won't be messing with weapon damage percentages because it requires hard testing, and I believe you can do it better than me):

* Lightning : It doesn't make sense to not getting any increase on cooldown reduction abilities. (5% per normal damage, %3 for each chain at unparalleled.)
* Feytouched: %20 damage decrease to enemy, %25 damage increase to user at unparalleled.
* Vorpal: 60-65% crit sev + 5% damage debuff and 5% dr debuff
* Dread : 90% crit sev - 50% fixed weapon damage that can crit and reduce the DoT timer to 3 second from 5. Debuffs can go upto 45% defense, 5% + 5% debuff.
* Plague-Fire: 5% dr debuff and 5% damage debuff each stack. Make each stack add up, Ex: First Stack : 5%, Second Stack : (5 + 10) % , Third Stack : (5 + 10 + 15) %, and make the cooldown of the 3 stack attack 10 seconds.
* Fire: Make the stacking work like plague fire for this enchant, too, and decrease the 3 stack attack cooldown 5 seconds in order this enchant to compete.
* Terror: 10% damage, % DR debuff, erase root mechanism.
* BronzeWood: Marks should also be applied once in 10 seconds for fully uptime debuffing. 20% DR debuff.
* Soulforged: 90 seconds at lesser, 30 seconds at unparalleled.
* Bilethorn: The second damage should be applied after 2 seconds, 4 is too much and also it should crit.
* Frost: % 20 dr debuff at unparalleled.
* Negation: 3.5% dr for a stack. 4 is too much. 2% incoming healing and 2% recovery for each stack.

Comments

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Let's Laugh Together.

Holy Avenger
    - ERASE ICD.
    Lifedrinker - You deal and additional 30% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with your powers, and increase your life steal chance by 30%, severity by 30%, and incoming healing by 9.9%.
    Barkshield - JUST FINE.
    Bloodtheft - When below 99% health you have a 5% chance upon receiving damage to deal Necrotic damage to your attacker and heal yourself for that amount and that amount again over the following 5 seconds. This damage is based on your level. This can only occur once every 5 seconds.
    Briartwine - You reflect 6.66% of the damage dealt to you back to your attacker. You also have a 5% chance to root your target. This root can only occur once every 9.99 seconds.
    Elven Battle - You are 200% more resistant to slows, immobilizes, disables, and stuns. Their duration is reduced. Your stamina Regen is also increased by 30%. Your movement is also increased by 10%.
    Fireburst - ERASE ICD.
    Frostburn - ERASE ICD.
    Shadowclad - ERASE ICD.
    Thunderhead - ERASE ICD.

PTR enchants:
    Rimuru?
    Dead πŸ”ͺ
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    * As far as I tested, u guys fixed Feytouched issue with AoE powers which is very much welcomed.

just tested: still broken
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

:-( Some things just never get fixed .....
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

I tested it with Planth Growth, it didn't go crazy but maybe other AoE powers still bugs it. Didn't test it for every power :sweat:
  • Options

Let's Laugh Together.

Holy Avenger
    - ERASE ICD.
    Lifedrinker - You deal and additional 30% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with your powers, and increase your life steal chance by 30%, severity by 30%, and incoming healing by 9.9%.
    Barkshield - JUST FINE.
    Bloodtheft - When below 99% health you have a 5% chance upon receiving damage to deal Necrotic damage to your attacker and heal yourself for that amount and that amount again over the following 5 seconds. This damage is based on your level. This can only occur once every 5 seconds.
    Briartwine - You reflect 6.66% of the damage dealt to you back to your attacker. You also have a 5% chance to root your target. This root can only occur once every 9.99 seconds.
    Elven Battle - You are 200% more resistant to slows, immobilizes, disables, and stuns. Their duration is reduced. Your stamina Regen is also increased by 30%. Your movement is also increased by 10%.
    Fireburst - ERASE ICD.
    Frostburn - ERASE ICD.
    Shadowclad - ERASE ICD.
    Thunderhead - ERASE ICD.

PTR enchants:

I don't agree on Holy avenger ICD erasing, and I believe 30% lifesteal chance from a weapon enchant is simply too much for a "weapon" enchant, but otherwise, lets laugh together :smiley:
  • Options

rayrdan said:

I tested it with Planth Growth, it didn't go crazy but maybe other AoE powers still bugs it. Didn't test it for every power :sweat:
    it was never bugged on plant growth but with powers casting an entity: thron ward, cordon of arrows, rain of arrows.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

rayrdan said:

it was never bugged on plant growth but with powers casting an entity: thron ward, cordon of arrows, rain of arrows.
    Yeah, u are right, entity casters are still bugging it, I just wanted to believe what I wanna :dizzy:
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Tbh. as long as seekers is fixed I don't care if they break fey even more. :)
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2017

* In general, I believe that the increase from transcendent to unparalleled should be high, and also higher than any other rank up. It is the hardest after all, and the most expensive one, as well. Ex: Say, Vorpal at trans. is 50% crit sev. + 2% damage debuff and %2 defence debuff. It should be something like, at least 60-65% crit sev + 5% damage debuff and 5% dr debuff for it to make sense.

While this is true for some things, it doesn't have to always be "it is most expensive, therefore it must give the highest increase."
    In MMOs, often this isn't the case. These are reserved for those who would do anything for that little extra edge over others.

Also, they should be more careful and conservative. Buffing something later is better than a big nerf. People get very upset when things they have become accustomed to (and paid heavily for) are taken away. Having said that, they really need to re-balance these unparalleled enchantments. Some of much better than their transcendent counterpart, while others are only slightly better.

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Have you guys seen this new USF already? It rocks:
    image image

Also:
    image image
    Rimuru?
    Dead πŸ”ͺ
  • Options
    I hope they give unparalleled fireburst a nuclear option.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

AMEN!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options

Have you guys seen this new USF already? It rocks:
    image image

Also:
    image image

LoL
  • Options
    kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Nice fix for Seeker's Vengeance but still not working with Roots and Careful Attack.
  • Options
    Not to bothered about roots, but the careful attack thing is disappointing. CA is weird anyway, despite being melee it seems to be coded as a ranged attack. Oh well. Still good news.
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Yup, SW Pillar of Power also completely bugs it out still and no damage buff at all after the first buff expires :(
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

Barkshield just fine... on preview? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. They know it's bugged. It will be fixed. Just had to throw my 2 cents in about that one.

Yeah, but it got bugged after I posted lol, and now fixed I suppose.
    kainan777 said:

Nice fix for Seeker's Vengeance but still not working with Roots and Careful Attack.

In my testing, I saw an increase on Roots, but hey if it doesn't it's plain stupid.

Btw, while seeker is good to have, it's not that great as u might think. I mean yeah lets say, we get a total 5% damage from DoT at best, we won't always be able to hit from behind, u know. I mean for some fights like Turtle in Fbi, it's not even possible lol.
    For trappers, it'll be very good at boss fights but otherwise, meeh.
    jonkoca said:

They should freaking decrease their 20 second nuclear hit option down to 5 or 3. Even with that, it probably won't compare to Lightning or Holy for GWFs.

While this is true for some things, it doesn't have to always be "it is most expensive, therefore it must give the highest increase."
    In MMOs, often this isn't the case. These are reserved for those who would do anything for that little extra edge over others.

Also, they should be more careful and conservative. Buffing something later is better than a big nerf. People get very upset when things they have become accustomed to (and paid heavily for) are taken away. Having said that, they really need to re-balance these unparalleled enchantments. Some of much better than their transcendent counterpart, while others are only slightly better.

This one is totally true, but I'd love to see the other way around. I'd love to have enchants getting new effects on every level if possible, but since it's not the case here, I'd love to at least see a different effect on unparalleled or at least a big increase when ranking up, otherwise, an increase from moderate to greater for Dread will be much effective upgrade than trans. -> unparalleled, and tbh it doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Well, they could do a little bit more. The difference between transcendent and unparalleled soulforged is a whopping 1250 HP heal in a world where everything hits for tens or hundred of thousands. ...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80