test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New artifact is a buff or a debuff ( whatever is the number seems broken).

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

From what understand reading this is a debuff.
50% debuff on single item which has the potential of 100% uptime in a coordinated team ( 1 each member) .
What does that artifact is everyone to be a strong debuffer With a single item?
Other artifacts go up to 16% debuffing this one i am sorry is gamebreaking if it is a debuff.

Please give information about this artifact.

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The "use" reads like a buff to me...
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    It's 'attacks deal' not 'targets take'... Pretty sure its a buff...
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

It just looks like a more powerful version of WoE Fire, maybe the new BIS. We will need all the damage we can get, keep it as is.

WoE lasts for 28 seconds and deals 30% extra... That stays better I guess...
    FrozenFire
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    People, you are ignoring the part that says "to the applied target". Pretty sure it's a debuff.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Today i tested the artifact i found that is a personal buff 50% increased damage for 10 seconds.

I will explain with an example how big number is the 50% buff from 1 single item.

A cw alone with bonding buff does a 500k ice knife ( maybe the number is low)
    IF add here 2 dc and debuff 200% without the artifact.

: 500k x200% ( total buff 1st dc) = 1500000 x 200% (2nd dc)= 4.5m x200% ( debuff) =13.5m total damage.

and now multiply with the artifact 13.5 x50%=6.75m which is more than the two dc gave.
    Total 20.2m damage.

OFcourse the above scenario is not every day clerics to synchronise and debuff at 200% but proves that artifact a single item is more buffing than two coordinated classes.

Were the bondings the power creep problem ?
    Does this artifact suits in a balanced game?

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017

It is fine. They are nerfing bondings, reworking buffs and making us grind rank 14s. This can be our compensation.

dev said about category on buffs something like that which can mean many things( example potion buffs type)

But that is not the point a single item never should able to buff for 50% . Compensation should not create unbalance.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    It will be totaly insane in pvp for some classes.......
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    And I was hoping to finally get rid of my Wheel of elements.... :s
  • x90210x90210 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2017

But that is not the point a single item never should able to buff for 50% . Compensation should not create unbalance.

The "nerf everything BIS", be it item or strategy, mindless rampage the devs are already on has already created an indelible imbalance. Pointing out more things for them to nerf isn't helping, anymore than is the fact that few of them have actually played the game since Mod2 and think "healer" is still a primary role.

We're all pretty much going to be nerfed by 50% in this next patch (I know I am on Preview), and it's going to be a lot harder to get back to where we are now, as we'll need straight rank 14's, and hundreds of millions of AD to get there. At best, this item will let us play as we do now against single targets, some of the time.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    The damage buff only applies to the person using the artifact and only to the single target affected. This is not a debuff on the target that all players can take advantage off.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Does it actually function as a damage multiplier or is it doing that thing where the artifact damage is calculated separately?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Does it actually function as a damage multiplier or is it doing that thing where the artifact damage is calculated separately?

How it currently works on preview* the buff works as a multiplier (like BtS). It also currently (last I tested, which was last preview build) works against all targets, not just the one affected, which hopefully will be or already was fixed.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Given the new, not to mention immense, rp cost to refine new artifacts... I don't expect this will be as bigger thing as it looks. Only the whales will have them initially, everyone else will probably just finish refining them to mythic in time to see them nerfed into oblivion.

Pass, basically.
    No idea what my toon is now.