test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Augement companion question

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
Hey everyone.

In light of the bonding situation, I have been going over some alternatives, and well, I have always liked augment companions, but... something has been nagging me.

An augment, if I am reading things right, gives 100% of if stats to it owner while summoned.... correct?
Now those stats, is that the "base" stats of the pet, or does it include whatever additional stats it gets from runestones, gear and enchants in said gear?

Legendary companion status gives what?? 10% stats to owner?

Now the real crux of the question is... if a augment who goes to Legendary is already giving 100% stat increase, what, if any are the benefits of making it Legendary? Does it give 110% while summoned?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Legendary gives 16% for first one. 8% for second etc.

It sums up. So it will give you 100% + the legendary companion bonus (for max of 31% for 5 companions).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,239 Arc User
    The summoned one does not have to be legendary. If you have an active legendary companion (not necessary the summon one), you get 16% of the stat of the summon one. If the summon one is an augment pet, you can 116% in total.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Thanks for the input so far guys :)

Does help my thinking process... and possibly putting an augment back onto my main.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Keep in mind, augments can't be buffed by others. So they won't give you extra power from DC.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I believe power sharing via companion will be the next thing to change.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Thanks for the further input.

I ran some experiments over the long weekend... and well.... first off let me point out that I was not running with R12 bondings...

That said... I used my Red Dragon ioun stone that I got ages ago on my SW... and put on a R10 eldritch... with loyal companion gear and R8 and 9 enchants...

I was most definitely getting better results than my fire archon with R8 bondings... and... in Chult... the ioun stone didn't aggro everything in site. Which made dealing with the yuan-ti and batiri much more manageable.

So... for right now... I think I'm going to stick with my ioun stone... and get one of my other active companions to legendary to increase the stat sharing.

Thanks alot for everyone's input... :)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,239 Arc User

Thanks for the further input.

I ran some experiments over the long weekend... and well.... first off let me point out that I was not running with R12 bondings...

That said... I used my Red Dragon ioun stone that I got ages ago on my SW... and put on a R10 eldritch... with loyal companion gear and R8 and 9 enchants...

I was most definitely getting better results than my fire archon with R8 bondings... and... in Chult... the ioun stone didn't aggro everything in site. Which made dealing with the yuan-ti and batiri much more manageable.

So... for right now... I think I'm going to stick with my ioun stone... and get one of my other active companions to legendary to increase the stat sharing.

Thanks alot for everyone's input... :)

I guess this is situational. Assuming non-runestone stat is comparable between your stone and archon, the difference between 2 is:

900 power + 105% multiplier (R8 bonding x 3) + combat advantage vs 146.5% (3 x r10 Eldritch) + always proc

I am not saying which one is better. IMO, they are at least comparable.
    Don't forget to check you insignia bonus to make sure to switch out companion damage related bonus (if any).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Thanks for the added input plasticbat... but... if i remember right.. i didn't slot any insignias or have any insignia bonuses that effect that. But I will double check that when I get back in game.