What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Unfortunately, the design is intended to average out the public queue time for all dungeons. The thought is that this will reduce the queue times. If you queue privately, you don't help the open-queues pop faster.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Seeing that many people appreciate private queue and they dont want to spoil the experience of other (low level) players...

What if we would get a private random queue added to the options?

I can see myself running the private random queue for levelling dungeons on my alts not to bother starting players. The dungeons are easy anyway...

Private RQ is already an option. You will be able to do it based on the current design.
    Random Queue is NOT about getting random players. It is about Random dungeons.
    You can form a private party to do Random Queue.
    A lot of people complains without knowing what Random Queue does. They keep on thinking the Random in RQ forces to have random players.
    Yes, you will be able to form a 3 player party to do level dungeon RQ.
    No, you can't form a one man party to do level dungeon RQ without 2 strangers to join.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Private RQ is already an option. You will be able to do it based on the current design.
    A lot of people complains without knowing what Random Queue does. They keep on thinking the Random in RQ forces to have random players.

There's a fine distinction between 'private queue' and 'random queue with a full party'.
    asterdahl said:

It is impossible to use a random queue when creating a private match. Private matches do not go through the queue system, so it is technically impossible. Additionally, we would like the incentives in the system to encourage as many players to play together as possible. If you muster up enough friends to queue with a full group, we absolutely want all of you to receive your bonuses, including role bonus for the eligible player or players. However, we don’t want players intentionally playing through with undersized groups when more players could be going through the queues with them. So, for random queues you’ll need to use a public match.

The RQ encourages you to have random players...but you can avoid it.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Seeing that many people appreciate private queue and they dont want to spoil the experience of other (low level) players...

What if we would get a private random queue added to the options?

I can see myself running the private random queue for levelling dungeons on my alts not to bother starting players. The dungeons are easy anyway...

Yes, you will be able to form a 3 player party to do level dungeon RQ.
    No, you can't form a one man party to do level dungeon RQ without 2 strangers to join.
    The private queve is an option that is getting AD nerfed. The primary non-cash sorce of AD in this game for most players is dungeon farming, so private queve is going to become a non-option for AD farming.

The random queve is built on the public queve mechanics so just like the public queve you can form a premade, but the premade has to stick to the assinie role restrictions embeded into the public queve Moreover the disconecets that so plague this game when entering dungeons and changing zones will result in auto kicks from party and getting hit with the party leaver penalty when the occure in the randome queves.

Moreover, the problem newbs experience when queving for a lvling dungeon will get worse, because most of the people that just solo run them to farm AD will be unable to do that and will now be using the random queve for lvling dungeons to farm AD.
    May be I should not use the term "private queue". You can form a party with your own friends such as a party of 3. Go to level dungeon RQ to earn your AD. There is no role limitation. (my post replied to someone who was talking about level dungeon).

I agree with all the valid negative comment. I stated many times that all the dev's objectives will not be served. I listed that one by one back then. It will not help newbie. Nobody (or very limited amount of people) who have the sole purpose to farm AD will participate Epic dungeon RQ ..... Normal Joe will not do Epic dungeon RQ, period.

The whole point about this "AD nerf" is about if one wants to waste 10 minutes of their time to form their own party of 3 to do level dungeon RQ. AD nerf is about that 10 minutes. Right now, you do 2 dungeons. In the future, you do one 10 minutes boring level dungeon RQ. In both situation, you earn similar amount of AD except you need to do 2 dungeons now and one in the future. The whole issue is about 'wasting that 10 minutes' if you are talking about "AD nerf".

i.e.
    Now, do 2 epic dungeons to earn AD and seal and salvage.
    Future, do 1 level dungeon RQ + 2 private epic dungeons to have the same amount of stuff.

The difference is that 10 minutes. I am not arguing wasting that 10 minutes is not significant. However, that is the difference.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:

>
    > i.e.
    > Now, do 2 epic dungeons to earn AD and seal and salvage.
    > Future, do 1 level dungeon RQ + 2 private epic dungeons to have the same amount of stuff.
    >
    > The difference is that 10 minutes. I am not arguing wasting that 10 minutes is not significant. However, that is the difference.

That's not the only difference. Not by a longshot. While yes it's true they can earn the same amount of AD by doing 1 extra dungeon run per day, which takes a large percentage of a casual players time, the rest of us will all be earning MORE than we are today with the other Qs that the casual and new players can't get into.

They run 3 dungeons and get bonus AD from 1 and salvage from all. We run 1 dungeon, a skirmish and a trial and get bonus AD from all 3 and salvage from all 3. The gap between casual and non casual will keep getting bigger and bigger forever as new mods keep putting the other Qs out of their reach.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

> @plasticbat said:

>

> i.e.

> Now, do 2 epic dungeons to earn AD and seal and salvage.

> Future, do 1 level dungeon RQ + 2 private epic dungeons to have the same amount of stuff.

>

> The difference is that 10 minutes. I am not arguing wasting that 10 minutes is not significant. However, that is the difference.

That's not the only difference. Not by a longshot. While yes it's true they can earn the same amount of AD by doing 1 extra dungeon run per day, which takes a large percentage of a casual players time, the rest of us will all be earning MORE than we are today with the other Qs that the casual and new players can't get into.

They run 3 dungeons and get bonus AD from 1 and salvage from all. We run 1 dungeon, a skirmish and a trial and get bonus AD from all 3 and salvage from all 3. The gap between casual and non casual will keep getting bigger and bigger forever as new mods keep putting the other Qs out of their reach.

The context of your thinking is much larger than mine. I am only thinking for one person, what is the difference between today and mod 12b?

The gap of the casual and non-casual will always be big. It is by design anyway. The game wants the casual to pay to catch up. Casual will never catch up. That is not even within dev's "fail" objectives anyway.
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > > @plasticbat said:
    >
    >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > i.e.
    >
    > > Now, do 2 epic dungeons to earn AD and seal and salvage.
    >
    > > Future, do 1 level dungeon RQ + 2 private epic dungeons to have the same amount of stuff.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > The difference is that 10 minutes. I am not arguing wasting that 10 minutes is not significant. However, that is the difference.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's not the only difference. Not by a longshot. While yes it's true they can earn the same amount of AD by doing 1 extra dungeon run per day, which takes a large percentage of a casual players time, the rest of us will all be earning MORE than we are today with the other Qs that the casual and new players can't get into.
    >
    >
    >
    > They run 3 dungeons and get bonus AD from 1 and salvage from all. We run 1 dungeon, a skirmish and a trial and get bonus AD from all 3 and salvage from all 3. The gap between casual and non casual will keep getting bigger and bigger forever as new mods keep putting the other Qs out of their reach.
    >
    > The context of your thinking is much larger than mine. I am only thinking for one person, what is the difference between today and mod 12b?
    >
    > The gap of the casual and non-casual will always be big. It is by design anyway. The game wants the casual to pay to catch up. Casual will never catch up. That is not even within dev's "fail" objectives anyway.

Technically, with us getting more AD, some type of inflation will occur. So in the context of one person, yes, they will be getting the same about of AD, but it will be worth less.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Technically, with us getting more AD, some type of inflation will occur. So in the context of one person, yes, they will be getting the same about of AD, but it will be worth less.

Comparing with the amount of AD we used to have in the past (such as around mod 3 to mod 6), this will not increase much for the global economy. If people wants to take "advantage' of the RQ system to earn significantly more AD, I would say they will be disappointed. For the same amount of time they will spend to do epic dungeon RQ for the sake of the extra AD bonus, they would have more AD earned today. They key is the unpredictable amount of time to do epic dungeon RQ (and if they can actually complete it).

I personally do not do Epic dungeon today for the sake of AD anymore. I certainly will not do RQ (level or Epic) for that reason in the future either. So, the economy will lose my occasionally epic dungeon run raw AD earnings (in some sense, good for economy) as one non-casual player. For me, to do RQ Epic dungeon is too much time, frustration, too little return (both AD and enjoyment). No, I don't want to waste that 10 minutes.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Sorry, what is the reason people here complains about the new RQ when they can always do normal (private) queue?
    Answer: RQ will give bonus AD and normal (private) queue will not. The only factor here is about AD earning.

Suggesting paying to join normal (private) queue so that you can get AD? Huh!?

Are you trying to make it worse than the RQ system so that the RQ system can look good?

No, the only factor isn't AD earning.

Other factors such as gear, seals, SH Cleric Quest Rewards, wanting to help others out, and fun for the player all play a part in the decision to run dungeons.

Stop saying its just about AD.

AD can be earnt easily and readily by those of us that are in the position to run FBI and up, its not hard.

What this system stops is people using their time to combine getting maximum AD rewards with helping others get gear, seals, SH Cleric Quest Rewards and what the players feel is fun.

This system says I have to separate "helping others and fun" from "maximum AD rewards and SH Cleric Quest Rewards", which given I have limited time (mostly) I don't think is good.

Changing it so that the split point is CN (ie FBI/mSP/ToNG are separate) would fix this, but no its ok you can still get the AD by running levelling dungeons because the only reason to run dungeons is to get AD....
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    > @joe123thewayward said:
    > Technically, with us getting more AD, some type of inflation will occur. So in the context of one person, yes, they will be getting the same about of AD, but it will be worth less.
    >
    > There is not going to be a net increase in AD realative to the supply of items per sale on the AH, so inflation will not be a problem. The only possible sorce of inflation under the random queve scheme is a decrease in supply of items farmed from dungeons ending up on the AH. The reality of this scheme is that there will be less AD in system as a result of it.
    >
    > Every Random Queve except for the leveling queve is gated multiple times. These gates will block out players from running those queves, which means that much of the player base is stuck outside the gates.
    >
    > The return from the lvling queve is less than the return on the faster t1s and t2s.
    >
    > Etos return currently: 4500 RAD + 1 to 4 salvagables + seals to buy more salvage + very low chance at an unbound drop + a slightly better chance at a bound drop
    >
    > Random lvling dungeon queve return: 7000 RAD + a very low chance at a cragmire crypt artifact.
    >
    > Which would you rather have? The current Etos return or the random lvling queve return? Its rare that I net less than 15,000 to 16,000 RAD per Etos run.

They're will absolutely be an influx of AD to anyone who can get into all Qs which will absolutely cause inflation as supply and demand isn't the end all be all of the market. Double everyone's salaries in the country and see what happens.

You run a blink of an eye leveling dungeon for a free 7k AD plus they will now drop 60 seals and have all the time in the world left to do whatever you want to make AD and seals. Our RAD intake is going to go up.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

They're will absolutely be an influx of AD to anyone who can get into all Qs which will absolutely cause inflation as supply and demand isn't the end all be all of the market. Double everyone's salaries in the country and see what happens.

You run a blink of an eye leveling dungeon for a free 7k AD plus they will now drop 60 seals and have all the time in the world left to do whatever you want to make AD and seals. Our RAD intake is going to go up.

My prediction are:
    1. there will be more people to run level dungeon RQ (comparing with the amount of people running level dungeon now).
    2. there will be a small amount of people who will run Epic dungeon RQ and any non-level dungeon RQ.
    3. Most non-causal and established people will just run regular Epic dungeon queue and ignore the AD.
    4. It will not double everyone's salaries and most likely many non-casual will just ignore RQ (and its AD) and do #3 only. Some may get more AD and some will basically "lose the job" (if they refuse to do RQ).

Time will tell if my predictions will be true.
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > They're will absolutely be an influx of AD to anyone who can get into all Qs which will absolutely cause inflation as supply and demand isn't the end all be all of the market. Double everyone's salaries in the country and see what happens.
    >
    >
    >
    > You run a blink of an eye leveling dungeon for a free 7k AD plus they will now drop 60 seals and have all the time in the world left to do whatever you want to make AD and seals. Our RAD intake is going to go up.
    >
    > My prediction are:
    > 1. there will be more people to run level dungeon RQ (comparing with the amount of people running level dungeon now).
    > 2. there will be a small amount of people who will run Epic dungeon RQ and any non-level dungeon RQ.
    > 3. Most non-causal and established people will just run regular Epic dungeon queue and ignore the AD.
    > 4. It will not double everyone's salaries and most likely many non-casual will just ignore RQ (and its AD) and do #3 only. Some may get more AD and some will basically "lose the job" (if they refuse to do RQ).
    >
    > Time will tell if my predictions will be true.

I believe the opposite. Why in the world would anyone pass on minimum 7k AD and 60 seals for 3 mins worth of 'work'?

Also, it may seem as if I'm against random queues. I'm not. I actually think they are a great idea to both shorten Q times and as, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I find myself standing around the stronghold or PE doing nothing far too often and they would be a great 'let's see what happens'. I just think the implementation of them wasn't fully thought out. At all.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I believe the opposite. Why in the world would anyone pass on minimum 7k AD and 60 seals for 3 mins worth of 'work'?

Also, it may seem as if I'm against random queues. I'm not. I actually think they are a great idea to both shorten Q times and as, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I find myself standing around the stronghold or PE doing nothing far too often and they would be a great 'let's see what happens'. I just think the implementation of them wasn't fully thought out. At all.

Because it is not 3 minutes. Did you try to do a test run on all the level dungeons? None of them can be done in 3 minutes. Just walking from the beginning to the end, door to door without picking up anything would be at least 10 minutes. It takes longer to walk to the end for Level dungeon than Epic dungeon.

By the way, it is not 7K. It will be ~14K for one daily level dungeon RQ walk with 2 other people.
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I feel like RQs will bring more speed-running than ever before. All this 70's doing leveling dungeons (not challenging for them/us) ruining the fun of others and just leaving all the monsters behind, going from boss to boss to get to the end of the dungeon is pretty bad.

So, as stated somewhere in this thread, we will probably get a "3k_zerg"-like channel of Leveling RQ, but that does not solve the issue of speed-running everything, no meaningful rewards and... Well, 'I am 10k IL, i feel powerful doing MC, but no Epic RQ for me because i'm too noob?' kind of feel (at least I feel like that).

The dungeons are already tiered by IL, I don't get why we can't have them tiered in RQ. Just put more bonuses on harder tiers and make the dungeons have meaningful rewards. You don't have to make them all give AD, just, for example, first RQ dungeon of the day gives you AD, and that AD is based on the tier of the dungeon (tier 3 gives much more AD than tier 1 or baby dungeons).

Also, it would be cool if the IL requirement would be rebalanced in order to make sense with the estimated time to complete the dungeon. I guess very skilled people could go onto MSP* with the bare minimum IL, but they will spend like 1 hour or more in that dungeon; if you want people to go in the dungeon and be there on average for bare minimum IL 30 mins, adjust the IL. Or put some bonuses for people carrying others, or make adjustments on the matching algorithm in order to get groups that will finish the dungeon instead of getting into a group of people who will not be able to get to the end.

* I have not played this dungeon and the times I've put there are estimations. I don't know if you can go through MSP with the min IL and finish it, nor do I know if you will be there 1 hour, 4 hours or 3 minutes.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Blocking lvl 70s from leveling dungeon RQ immediately occurred to me, but I didn't want to bring it up because I figured they would be much more likely to do that than just do the right thing: separate FBI/mSP from the epic RQ. Even though that's the obviously right thing to do, they don't want to because people might get endgame stuff from endgame dungeons! The horror! *le gasp*
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

pterias said:

Blocking lvl 70s from leveling dungeon RQ immediately occurred to me, but I didn't want to bring it up because I figured they would be much more likely to do that than just do the right thing: separate FBI/mSP from the epic RQ. Even though that's the obviously right thing to do, they don't want to because people might get endgame stuff from endgame dungeons! The horror! *le gasp*

Blocking lvl 70s from Puging lvling dungeons, but still allowing access to them via private queve would not be bad if the changes to AD farming via the random queve were not happening. Such a change in light of the random queve debachal would just make the AD nerf worse.
    This ^ Because at some point in the leveling and gearing process, you are met with a level 70 dude with 5.4k IL who cannot do Leveling RQ, nor Epic RQ, nor Epic Trial RQ, nor Skirmish RQ. So you really get stuck in the no AD limbo there D:
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

kisakee said:

PS.: We are awaiting your reply for the stronghold shard quests with RQs to this day.

Yes. Yes, we are. Because if you need to run specific content for shards in addition to random content for AD, that's not remotely respectful of players with limited time, now is it?
    There will now be a daily Random Skirmish and Random Epic Dungeon quest available from the stronghold, instead of a specific dungeon, with the same rewards as the previous two epic dungeon dailies. Similar to before, players below level 70 will have an easier quest: they'll have a daily dungeon.

As an improvement for lower level players, because one of the epic dungeon quests was changed to a skirmish, players below 70 can complete both the daily skirmish and daily dungeon.
    I know i asked for a change of the stronghold dungeon shard quests but i don't wanted it to going even worse.

With this change private queues are completely useless and can only be used for testing group constellations or so, this is totally nonsense. Recently you made private queues perfect with the option to enter with any team and any team number, now you're destroying a good system.

It feels like you're always take a good suggestion and make the poorist thing out of it.

Edit:

pterias said:

Blocking lvl 70s from Puging lvling dungeons, but still allowing access to them via private queve would not be bad if the changes to AD farming via the random queve were not happening. Such a change in light of the random queve debachal would just make the AD nerf worse.
    This ^ Because at some point in the leveling and gearing process, you are met with a level 70 dude with 5.4k IL who cannot do Leveling RQ, nor Epic RQ, nor Epic Trial RQ, nor Skirmish RQ. So you really get stuck in the no AD limbo there D:
    Wait a second.. You try to say Lvl 70 peeps can't do random lowlevel dungeons anymore?

Edit 2.0: Lvl 70 are able to do random lowlevel dungeons, stuff above is just a rumor.
    Post edited by kisakee on
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2017
    kisakee said:

pterias said:

Wait a second.. You try to say Lvl 70 peeps can't do random lowlevel dungeons anymore?

Edit 2.0: Lvl 70 are able to do random lowlevel dungeons, stuff above is just a rumor.
    There was no rumour. You just did not understand what she said. It was her comment and her comment was about what ^ referred to. What "^" referred to was a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.