test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How much ZEN would you spend on an unbinding token?

thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
The idea behind this thread is to give market research directly to the developers to use in making such a thing happen. It would be a very small sample size, but a start.

I personally think 400 ZEN is a reasonable amount. It would give you something to spend those arc points on besides VIP.

Comments

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I guess it depends on the kind of item and the quality. For a piece of epic gear, 600 zen. For an epic pet, 800 zen etc...
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Hmmm. I had not thought of scaling it.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I would be willing to spend up to 50% of the value of the item being unlocked. Any more than that, I would look for alternatives first.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Scaling seem overcomplicated to me. Since it seem the idea was to make BTC items BTA, 3-400 zen seems reasonable to me.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I look at it from the opposite angle. Tell me how expensive and I'll decide what to use it on. A lot of the things that interest me in unbinding may not be tradeable at all and thus have no market value. (transmute quest rewards for instance)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

I would be willing to spend up to 50% of the value of the item being unlocked. Any more than that, I would look for alternatives first.

Value judged by who...that is the question. Certainly not the AH or players perceived value.

Honestly, if its just converting something to Account Bound, 300-500 seems reasonable. It isn't like you gain all that much being able to move it to a new toon, and thats expensive enough that you won't be trading things often.

If it makes it BOE.....I would be shocked if they did it for anything less than about 2k Zen at a minimum. I can't imagine them even considering this though as the market would flood with rare items.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    300-500 would sound cheap for someone to transfer a legendary mount or a fully upgraded artifact set to a new main toon. There are people who would pay the full acquisition price again to get these items for a new main toons. Here cryptic would lose out.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    It's a slippery slope, cause Cryptic is going to lose out on playing time with something like this, and possibly some key sales. They need to make up for that in volume sales. Price it to sell....hurt a bit so bind status still matters, but sell. Remove AD fromt he game and improve QOL.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'd think the easiest way to manage and still provide value to us would be based on the item type and level (epic, rare, etc) as @werdandi#8366 suggested. As an example, I'd pay 500 zen to unbind a piece of Loyal Companion gear on an unplayed alt. Or - I'd pay 2000 Zen for a "pack" of unbind tokens that would be account wide use (like keys).
    I aim to misbehave
    etelgrin said:

the reasonable price would be about 10k-12k zen, according to what the company's most valuable bound things prices are.

Possibly but I would only pay that large amount of Zen if it meant I could unbind ALL of my bound stuff, not just a few items. I don't have a legendary mount so why should I be forced to pay a higher price to subsidize someone that does have a legendary mount? Just a thought.

I aim to misbehave
  • azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    500 zen x5 unbind tokens = unbind any item but reset it ... aka orange companion becomes a green. No worries about unbinding high level stuff.

Sure there would be some stuff hitting the market like adorable bits / companion gear but this stuff I feel should not have been bound in the first place. Market will adjust over time with out breaking as this stuff only comes via player's anyway it wont effect zen **Arc profits.

Mounts don't unbind instead. Allow the merchant in Protectors/ Zen market sell a account Account wide mount token. When used this makes the current cosmetic mount that is selected *the one you ride. Now fully unlocked account wide similar to a purple mount purchased by zen. Price 4000zen.

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    None. No Zen. I would not buy the item.

Items are BoA and BoC on purpose in response to what the gold sellers were profiting with. Unbinding items unsolves the problem.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    For me, I was referring to changing an item from BtC to BtA. I don't want to see the gold sellers profit but I also don't want items on one character that could be used on another if only the bind status was changed.
    I aim to misbehave