test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bonding stone nerfs?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I came here to join in on the rabblerabble hamster train.. but see nothing. I've heard second hand that they're talking nerfs to bonding stones. but not nerfing them into the ground.. making them still first.. or second (really?!?!?) in choice. (i can only hope that means something better is planned and that's why this nerf...) but still. WHY why after all this time.. and I also heard tell of a possible stronghold buffs nerf. I know that would make some happy.. but seriously.. RABBLERABBLE!!!

stop with the nerf. nerf is bad mkay

Comments

• Options
    thelordrahlthelordrahl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    duno about that, id like to see them nerf lifesteal into the ground. actually give us healers something to do other that act as buff/debuffers.
  • Options
    thelordrahlthelordrahl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    silver, i agre you cant nerf lifesteal without also dropping mob dmg. but the current state of it is once you get enough lifesteal anything that doesnt 1 shot you, you can just face tank. personally id rather heal slower, take less damage, and have to actually use a level of skill in dodging attacks even in end game content then simply counting on my uber defense and lifesteal to just face tank everything short of something that could one shot me. where is me id nerf life steal severity down to like 5% leave the life steal chance alone, and scale back mob dmg to .... just a ball park number 50%. leave it to your clerics and paladins to handle the brunt of the healing, while lifesteal just acts to top people off. as it stands there is no healer class, and there is no need for one.

what do you mean about the sh boons?
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I bet they will tone down the percentages given.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Considering how bonding runestones only come from zen shop purchases(originally, they can be listed on the AH after that) as far as I know it will really PO a lot of people if they nerf them.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Either they need to come up with something better than bondings, or take it way easy on that nerf. I came into bondings kicking an screaming--I preferred augments. I don't expect to be punished for what they forced on us.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The percentage of stats that bondings give should be closer to what augments can give, but I think it would make more sense to boost augments than to nerf bondings.

And no, I have not converted any of my 17 characters over to bonding, but I do have the bondings to do it, just have never bothered to do it, as I can run any content without them.
  • Options
    trollpc#6223 trollpc Member Posts: 5 Arc User

The percentage of stats that bondings give should be closer to what augments can give, but I think it would make more sense to boost augments than to nerf bondings.

And no, I have not converted any of my 17 characters over to bonding, but I do have the bondings to do it, just have never bothered to do it, as I can run any content without them.

Hmm, but if they make it too close, everyone will dumb bonding as the comps die all the time, and we will be back into the boring augument era, where having an active companion was a taboo.

• Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Bondings being 3 times as powerful as augment is something I can live with. What makes them especially powerful is when companion gets buffed, they transfer all that to the owner too. They would be more balanced if they only transfered the base stats.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

The most sensible solution would have been to never have introduced augments into the game in the first place. As it is, they gave a 100% stat bonus in return for having none of the problems and drawbacks that go with having a summoned companion. They don't die, they don't generate aggro and they don't take any active part in the game. In my opinion, the best thing they could do would be to phase out augments altogether by recoding the ones that do exist to be regular summoned companions. QED >:)

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    grimah said:

I like the fact that summoned pets have a place now, and there's usually a different mix.

I'd like to see a buff of the older runestones, or introduce new bondings with different stats, even defensive ones with offensive bonuses crit, recovery etc, because everyone wants 3x offensive these days.

Buffing augments so they work with bondings would be a nice addition too. would give people options for when they want +HP. And would not be overpowered because summoned pets can give nice addition effects.

I feel the same way.
  • Options
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > But flipping out now might help them rethink. By the time they give definites it's generally too late
    >
    > There's already enough player feedback that boils down to
    >
    > you must nerf bondings vs. don't you dare nerf bondings
    >
    > I think they have a good handle on it being a very contentious subject

I'm not seeing that u must Nerf bondings side show up here yet. Small but loud segmentsnare a thing. Again make it known now that we don't want that change there is a hope of at least toning it down. Staying silent has no benefit.
  • Options
    > @jumpingmorks said:
    > I like the fact that summoned pets have a place now, and there's usually a different mix.
    >
    > I'd like to see a buff of the older runestones, or introduce new bondings with different stats, even defensive ones with offensive bonuses crit, recovery etc, because everyone wants 3x offensive these days.
    >
    > Buffing augments so they work with bondings would be a nice addition too. would give people options for when they want +HP. And would not be overpowered because summoned pets can give nice addition effects.
    >
    > I feel the same way.

Yeah buff the weaker thing don't Nerf the compared thing. I can get behind that. To the person talking about the negatives of pets.. they have a lot more positive points than negative Imo. CA,taking aggro off you, various summoned per bonuses that aren't present just being active, various heals ect
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    * It is not a happy situation in the game where ONE solution is so obviously the best one as bondings are. We really need to have several viable options close to each other in power so people have options with pros and cons.
    * The problem with ever buffing buffing buffing is of course that the players get too powerful compared to the difficulty of the content.

For the good of the game, nerfing bondings a little might be the best option. They ARE rather overpowered ;)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    -leave bondings alone, buff augments to give an alternative

-drop sh boons to half their value. It enough to keep the farming worth it.
    Give guildless players a solo version of said boons, scaling 1-2-3-4k each level, achievable through farming of solo content. Might give a reason to go Back To old campaigns after You ve completed Them. Sh and solo boons cannot be activated together. but i might farm solo a boon that my guild did not get, and use it in place of the sh boon. Guilds are an option. Players should not be forced to join a guild or get far behind The guilded players (i'm in a guild with max boons, just to clarify).

-lifesteal should heal some, increase survivability. Not heal back your whole hp and make you immortal. Would make hp potions needed again. Yes guys you have hp potions for solo pve, 35k healing The new ones. Dodge, some little lifesteal and potions are enough for any content. Il not, they Can drop mob damage a bit.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    For PVE, yes D&D/Neverwinter is a PVE game, raising the level cap would be way wiser, the reasoning behind this is that the sum of SH boons + bonding may be "too much" compared to the actual power (stat points) of players, but with a level increase, that sum would be way lower and "acceptable" compared to the new power (stat points) of players.

For PVP SH boons can make too much difference right now so a simpler way would be toning down SH boons when you are flagged for PVP.

This discussion has been closed.