test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Folder in Neverwinter Directory

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 184 Arc User
Why does the game keep putting a STO folder into my Neverwinter directory? Granted the folder is empty but I would really like if it stop making a folder it doesnt use.

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    It your using ARC (which I do) it should install both to C:\ or E:\ or the drive you've installed on to:

\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en & \Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en

So they should be in completely two different directories. If you don't play Star Trek Online you could try removing the game from Arc or Steam.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    if u go to option on the client launcher and enable all games option u will understand why its there ^^
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    standalone client, not using steam or arc. installed on D drive under program files x86 in it's own nw folder.

i'll see that option in the launcher and fiddle around with it.

i also have sto but it's in it's own sto folder as well. that doesnt add any extra game folders.
  • Options
    ok i see what that check box does (display all games). I have it off since I have a different folder for NW and STO.

The NW launcher automatically adds the STO folder when you launch the game... you dont even need to log in with your id or password, the folder is made at launch.

I guess the launcher was made first for STO and retooled/recycled for NW? So that would be why each time I launch NW it makes the STO folders. Lazy coding to not remove the STO reference I guess.