test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Various Suggestions

hi everybody, the support guys said to come here, so here I am. I've come up with various ideas over time, and sent them in, and one of them finally said to present them here as well.

So, in no particular order,

1. The ability to give Zen as a gift certificate or something. Birthday presents anyone?
3. The ability to "switch sides" (have your alignment actually matter!!!) and "help the bad guys". ie if you're a level 40 in a level 50 zone and you switch sides, you can keep people from finishing their quest, or at least slow them down. rewards based on how quickly you finish as compared to a "normal" time. Think about it... having a regular storyline quest that you don't automatically finish because somebody switched sides? Or you finish it but only get the bare mininum reward? Or you finish it and do well and get extra reward?
4. A new zone - Ravenloft. Well duh, it would look cool and have a storyline we all already know, but more importantly, undead with the ability to....

......wait for it....

drain XP's and/or levels. (or at least add negative levels that have to be worked off somehow.)

Can't you just see some level 70 showoff getting a level or two sucked away? Hysterical. And what better way to give the uber-characters something to actually be afraid of, for once?

5. A "1 v 1 PVP" setup
6. A PVP setup that matches item levels instead of "PVP that just gets one side's HAMSTER kicked which is no fun"
7. A PVP setup that allows AI / Ghost to fill a team so that people could actually, you know, PLAY stronghold matches and etc.
8. A "solo dungeon" option so you don't have to wait for people to fill a team. if your character is so powerful that you can solo Throne of the Dwarven Gods, for instance, have that be an option.
9. If it's story-related, PUT IT IN THE STORY INVENTORY STACK WHERE IT BELONGS. STOP TAKING UP MY INVENTORY WHEN YOU CREATED A WHOLE SEPARATE INVENTORY TAB JUST FOR THAT HAMSTER.

Those are the major ones I've come up with so far off the top of my head.

Minor suggestions:
5. an "open everything openable in my inventory" button.
6. a "sell everything that's just a sellable object" button.
7. a "stack everything that's similar whether it came from a box or a drop or whatever" button.
8. a "refine all enchants below level X" button.
9. a "sort inventory between all bags" button.
10. a "sort inventory by rarity / item level / whatever" button.
11. a "loadout" for mounts / companions. (i'm so tired of swapping healing stuff for Wanderer's Fortune.)

Regards

Oshannon#5015

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    3: Too much like PvP. Personally I don't want other players interfering with my game. Players are supposed to be heroes of Neverwinter.

4: Ravenloft isn't part of the Realms.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You do realise that if a player went below level 70 they'd be locked out of 90% of the game? Nobody would go into that zone.

I suspect you haven't reached level 70 yet.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    some of your suggestions I could get behind but if they implemented 3 and 4 I think a good portion of the player base would quit
  • Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    On PC if you meet the requirements you can private que for anything. I have been soloing, pairing, and tripling dungeon's for about a week now. As in any number upto the norm. Did a 5man ndemo the other day.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    greywynd said:

You get to Ravenloft FROM the realms. It's a separate world that you find yourself in when the mist rolls in. I honestly think it would be amazing to have it as a separate set of maps we go to like the Underdark (mantol derith) or Icewindale. Ideally with some super evil nasty dungeons - go slay Soth and the like.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ravenskya said:

greywynd said:

You get to Ravenloft FROM the realms. It's a separate world that you find yourself in when the mist rolls in. I honestly think it would be amazing to have it as a separate set of maps we go to like the Underdark (mantol derith) or Icewindale. Ideally with some super evil nasty dungeons - go slay Soth and the like.
    Ravenloft has been requested many times. However, I don't know if Wizards would allow the game to go in that direction. The game is following Wizard's releases.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

greywynd said:

It's on the Demiplane of Despair. Soth, while located in said demiplane, is from Krynn. This is entirely too much campaign world bending for my tastes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @greywynd

"Ravenloft was a campaign setting released by TSR, Inc. It was a Gothic horror setting that took place in an extradimensional space known as the Demiplane of Dread.

Ravenloft was linked to the Forgotten Realms by way of the Ethereal Plane,[1] and several crossovers between the two settings have officially been noted. Harkon Lukas, one of the Darklords of the Demiplane of Dread was born in Cormyr.[2] Gondegal, the Lost King, was transported there,[3] as was Jander Sunstar, a gold elf from Evermeet,[4] and the entire Castle Spulzeer, along with Chardath and Kartak Spellseer.[5] Glorming Pass in the Vast was said to have a gate to Ravenloft as well.[6]

At an unspecified time, a Vistani camp was settled near Daggerford and Duchess Morwen Daggerford asked a group of adventurers to scare them away. The Vistani were in fact trying to lure the adventurers into the realm of Barovia in order to rid the land of the vampire Strahd[7]. "

So would Strahd or Harkon Lukas work?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    oshannon#5015 oshannon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

You do realise that if a player went below level 70 they'd be locked out of 90% of the game? Nobody would go into that zone.

I suspect you haven't reached level 70 yet.

actually I was thinking in terms of late 3rd / early 4th ed DND where you don't actually LOSE levels, you accrue negative levels and have to work them off somehow. Your suspicion that I haven't reached level 70 yet is invalid.

• Options
    #3: Griefers already in quest zones that no one seems to want to deal with.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I don't know how happy players would be getting their levels drained O.O

Putting yourself as the opposite faction is actually something our Devs enjoy doing when we have Play with Devs events. I know we can use Dev magic for that but I'm not sure how it would translate for players in terms of setting it up and making it work with the rest of the game.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    @nitocris83.
    I still wondering, why devs do not use Protectors Enclave map as pvp area? Or other maps.. YOu make 2 spawn points and have fun with killings.. All/any obstacle within area will only make Pvp more fun.. .

Also wondering, what if we would have 3 side pvp. :p That would be rather fun.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================