test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hammerstone Pact Blade and Mage Slayer / SH Cleric Companions.

jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
I recently got a Hammerstone Pact Blade running IWP HE's (why is Hammerstone gear dropping in IWP btw?! And does Elk gear drop in DV?!).

I don't have a Mage Slayer or SH Cleric Companion but wanted to know if this item could be used by either of these companions, the reason being that while this item is not very good, it does have over 2k power, added with 3xR12's and Legendary bonus which would make it attractive.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    The companion that has pact blade slot can only work with companion gear pact blades.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Ahhh that's a shame, ty for answering :)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Not thinking so, you can't equip artifact pact blade, but I believe any other you can.

@etelgrin is correct. I have the mage companion on one of my characters. I bought a +6 pact blade for him on the AH.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    silence1x said:

etelgrin said:

Not thinking so, you can't equip artifact pact blade, but I believe any other you can.

@etelgrin is correct. I have the mage companion on one of my characters. I bought a +6 pact blade for him on the AH.

Last time I heard was you can put that in but you don't get the stat.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228928/pc-mage-slayer-companions-pact-blade-slot-issue

My guildie bought the Mage when it came out for the purpose of using conventional pact blade. He could put that in but did not get the stat. Was that "fixed" afterward? I don't know.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Last time I heard was you can put that in but you don't get the stat.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228928/pc-mage-slayer-companions-pact-blade-slot-issue

My guildie bought the Mage when it came out for the purpose of using conventional pact blade. He could put that in but did not get the stat. Was that "fixed" afterward? I don't know.

Interesting. I don't think I ever checked. I do know that the weapon enchant didn't proc (that would have been sweet!)

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    silence1x said:

etelgrin said:

While it IS correct that you cannot equip an artifact weapon on a companion... Hammerstone Pactblade is not an artifact weapon. It is, like ancient Mulhorand, an epic gear that was BIS @ the time the content was new. Unfortunately, this seems to be a gift of the magi. Not sure if the item is worth spending whatever the 2 companions that can use it are worth. Might be better to sell it on AH. No idea what those items are worth, now.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ok I buckled under the weight of my own curiosity and bought the Mage Slayer for my OP who has an Owlbear, Rising Power + 5 and Brutality +5.

I chose Elk Tribe Pact Blade over Hammestone because it had more power, however, not a single stat point is transferred to you through the bondings. Even if you slot an enchantment in the offense slot, the enchantments value is not passed on to you at all via bondings. Which is a damn shame considering it has 2,667 power which should(?) be multplied by bondings and Legendary bonus.

EDIT:
    I should say not a single stat point from the Pact Blade is passed on to to you via bondings.

I wonder if this is a new feature they are working on, allowing companions to use weapons with Weapon Enchantments Like Terror/Vorpal and the like.
    Post edited by jumpingmorks on