test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Batiri Shaman Mask proc not working

smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
final blow killed thousands of enemies in the last two days and have yet to see this thing work... assuming its broken, or has anyone else got it working?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Batiri_Shaman_Mask

Comments

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    n/m You mean the Phantom Batiri never shows up to help?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The OP already has the item but has gotten the impression that its special ability doesn't do anything, and is looking for feedback from anyone else with the item. Or creating a bug report if nobody else has seen it work either.

I think I've seen the question asked in chat of "does this thing even work?" but wasn't really paying attention to the subject. It also comes up about some of the voodoo dolls.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I tried one on my main for about half an hour while I ran about slaughtering things in dino-land, never saw it proc.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    > @obsiddia said:
    > n/m You mean the Phantom Batiri never shows up to help?

correct

also I did file a bug report
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I got mine a few days ago, and on first run (wille doing Portal of Tuern weekly and some mobs in chult) is was showing up every mob group, (he doesn't move with you btw.)

On day after it got bugged ! can't summon my batiri anymore...
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Greetings,

I have the Batiri Shaman Mask on my character and it works very well :confused:

So if there is an issue, I do not think it's directly related to this item.

However, as @rafaelda already said, the Phantom Batiri do not follow the player. After the first fight in which he was summoned, Phantom Batiri only moves when you get attacked again.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    never seen it summoned, hopefully the patch this morning fixes that
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I did not see anything fighting by my side too, but what I noticed is that since I have the mask - when leaving a dragon on guild Dragon Flight event something is stunning me (animation like the new cult batiri stun).
    This is just what I noticed, did not test properly if the mask is really responsible.
    Tested last night and still nt working again
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

I have the Batiri Shaman Mask on my character and it works very well :confused:

So if there is an issue, I do not think it's directly related to this item.

However, as @rafaelda already said, the Phantom Batiri do not follow the player. After the first fight in which he was summoned, Phantom Batiri only moves when you get attacked again.

Regards,

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    yeah I have most definitely never seen that spawn before, could it be because i have illusionist weapons maybe? is there a limit to summoned things? will have to test with a ring of orcus maybe to see if that is the issue
    edited August 2017

yeah I have most definitely never seen that spawn before, could it be because i have illusionist weapons maybe? is there a limit to summoned things? will have to test with a ring of orcus maybe to see if that is the issue

i Also have the Mirage set and the helmet was working fine with it in my first night, only after that it got bugged...

My test last night i've killed mobs in Chult map, Shores of Tuern weekly quest, a Solo run in Dread ring skirmish, and some HEs in my stronghold to farm influence, after that just to be sure i went to neverdeath graveyeard leveling instance and i'm 100% sure that it didnt pop a single time in 2hrs playing this toon

I've changed the looks on the mask but i've done that before the bug, also i didnt changed any other armor/jewel/enchant/mount or companion since i got the mask and it wont call my batiri anymore :(
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Yeah would be interesting to hear what gear people have on and what powers they are using.

I would guess the most relevant factors that could be interfering are Weapon (mirage vs. others) Weapon Enchantment (vorp / dread vs. damage enchants) or entity spells.
    edited August 2017
    dupeks said:

Yeah would be interesting to hear what gear people have on and what powers they are using.

I would guess the most relevant factors that could be interfering are Weapon (mirage vs. others) Weapon Enchantment (vorp / dread vs. damage enchants) or entity spells.

I will try run only with my mask tonight (instronghold map) to see what happens, but i dont think it will work since i didn't changed anything since i got the mask...
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I have been using the mask on a GF and have only seen it only once after doing a lot of solo campaign quests. One thing I noticed the one time it spawned, is that ran away from me to another mob of enemy far away from me, I did not have any interaction with this mob beforehand. It seems to me that the proc chance is so low, that one can see this thing once in a blue moon.

I do not have the mirage weapon, I have no weapon enchantment and was just using plain GF damage encounters.
    My mask is working again !!!

a guy in my alliance told me a workaround !

First remove the mask and any other helmet from all loudouts, the got to the loudout you want and equip the mask !
    Should work fine after that, at lesat worked for me !

tell me if worked fo you to @smegman#1430

also @percemer if you could test leting the mask in all loudouts or in not all of them to try to cause the bug could help us to find the cause...
    I did see the little guy once after I took the helmet off and put it on again but then never saw again... this is annoying
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass on this thread to the Devs since there seem to be a variety of moving parts on this issue.
    seems to be working when first equipped, then it fadea off its effectiveness sort of like a dragon hoard enchant, hope this helps!