test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Partial Paralysis (Ring o.t. Curse Bringer) is useless

hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Since partial paralysis is effected by the cc resistance it is useless in pve. On most adds it simply disappears after it procs (uptime ~0.05 sec) so that it doesn't even uses its effect once.
I think this development is kinda sad. Before the patch the ring was finally a good way to get at least a bit control on cc-immune adds and bosses. Now it is simply useless.
Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    But partial paralysis affects players entirely too much. Works against us and not for us, must be WaI.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Perhaps it's good in PvP? I don't PvP any longer but it seems it would be interesting in there.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, one dropped for me so I'll try it with my already massively annoying stunbot pvp trapper build.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Apparently it works so well in PvP it's on the no-no list along with drains.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

Apparently it works so well in PvP it's on the no-no list along with drains.

Sadly it is the opposite in PvE :/
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    the ring was designed by the Devs for Pvp griefing... I 'm sure they think it is working as intended like the ring of natural order was .....
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Before the patch the ring was finally a good way to get at least a bit control on cc-immune adds and bosses. Now it is simply useless.

How was it before the patch? I remember that on preview it was called "Neuroshock", but i don't know what it does.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Yes yes ban the ring because you dont want to increase your control resistance.
    I have no problem vs it and i am not playing the elven enchant.
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

The ring ignored all resistance. You can be control immune and still get cced.
  • Options

The ring ignored all resistance. You can be control immune and still get cced.
    still ignores the control resist of the player ? or ignored ?

manticore talon in other hand used a lot in premades and general ignore everything unstopables , control immunity after dodge, block. ofcourse you can argue this one is every 60 seconds ( but we saw what happened with lions 5 in each team is like they dont have cooldown).
  • Options
    slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This ring has some use for a PVE guardian, it procs crushing pin forever pretty much. Super useful on bosses and the stats aren't bad. And it works well on mobs, so not sure about it being 'useless'.
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2017

still ignores the control resist of the player ? or ignored ?

manticore talon in other hand used a lot in premades and general ignore everything unstopables , control immunity after dodge, block. ofcourse you can argue this one is every 60 seconds ( but we saw what happened with lions 5 in each team is like they dont have cooldown).

Ignores*

And yeah, I find it funny when lion owners complain about other items ruining pvp. At least everyone can easily get a ring, lion on the other hand costs 12 mil or lots of bucks and creates more barrier of entry.

• Options
    slapdrive said:

This ring has some use for a PVE guardian, it procs crushing pin forever pretty much. Super useful on bosses and the stats aren't bad. And it works well on mobs, so not sure about it being 'useless'.

I use it on wizard is an extra help to my support build it works fine against the mobs.
  • Options

hastati96 said:

Before the patch the ring was finally a good way to get at least a bit control on cc-immune adds and bosses. Now it is simply useless.

How was it before the patch? I remember that on preview it was called "Neuroshock", but i don't know what it does.
    Yes, it was called Neuroshock before the patch and it was a 1sec stun every 3 - 4 sec, I am not exactly sure. On bosses it has no use anymore, same as on adds with cc resistance
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

hastati96 said:

Yes, it was called Neuroshock before the patch and it was a 1sec stun every 3 - 4 sec, I am not exactly sure. On bosses it has no use anymore, same as on adds with cc resistance
    Did it work on bosses when it was called Neuroshock?
  • Options
    hastati96 said:

hastati96 said:

and players with cc resistance the root not even last when it attempts to root all you have to say not the half things please.
  • Options

hastati96 said:

hastati96 said:

Did it work on bosses when it was called Neuroshock?
    Yes it worked.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It still helps vs monsters in chult
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    It has pretty good stats too, I think it's on par with the other new rings at +4 for a dps character. It gives like 720 crit and had 1 offensive and 1 defensive slots.