test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Bound Preservation Wards

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
Hello

I can't remember where I got them from, maybe a promo here an there... but I have a number of characters, that have character bound preservation wards, that I can not be used when upgrading any refined item.

I have unbound ones, and they work fine.

When in the refining window of an item that has enough RP to be upgraded and I have all the reagents required for refining, I click on the Ward button at the bottom right, next to the little window that the ward can go in.

With the bound p-ward in my character's inventory, NOT the bank, it should give me a listing of the wards that are available to be put in there.
The bound ones, don't show up.
If I then open my inventory and try to drag the ward into that slot, I get a red X in the slot.

So this is a little frustrating.

Was hoping someone can look into this.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    Aren't those pres ward packs though? Inventory icon is identical, so it's confusing. Try opening them, you should receive "normal" wards.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Winter event left me with 10 BtC pres wards on a few toons
  • Options
    haden42ee said:

Aren't those pres ward packs though? Inventory icon is identical, so it's confusing. Try opening them, you should receive "normal" wards.

That's something I didn't think of to be honest, I mean its worth a shot when I get back in game. But, I remember that when they were originally received that they did have an item count to them. My memory might be a little suspect but I think I got them last year from a promo and it was for 5 p-wards, and when I claimed that's what I got a stack of 5 p-wards.

I was able to use them, and then they stopped working.

So it is a little strange.
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

Winter event left me with 10 BtC pres wards on a few toons

Yeah I got a bunch of those too, mostly on my CW.. and those work as advertised.
  • Options
    haden42ee said:

@haden42ee, you were most certainly correct. That is what happened.

sighs... that is a really bad way of distributing those things... I have had them for months and couldn't ever get them work.

Thanks for the heads up and insight :)