test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Became stuck under the effects of a Yuan-Ti Dancer's charm

pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
I was just playing my GF through the Rescue the Adventurers daily in Chult. I went into the tomb area and came up against a Dancer and some minions. The Dancer did its charm power (I had my shield up, not sure if relevant), but of course I went under its charm. Slowly walked to it, Nothing new. But when it wore off, I couldn't move or use any attacks. I still managed to survive for some time this way, somehow (yay healing boons!). Occasionally the Dancer would move away from me, but I would automatically follow it at full walking speed. It was like I was glued to it. It charmed me several more times, but the only difference between charmed or not charmed was the hearts and how fast I'd move toward it.

Eventually I died, and when I respawned, I still had no controls. I had to log out and back in to get it straightened out.

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Almost the same thing with me, also a GF; I was in open area map, and my companion (a Duergar Theurge) killed all mobs after some time, (they cant kill my tank B) ) also couldn't move, and since there no dancer nearby i stood still, tried to change channel and returned to the same spot, had to relog to recover control...

PS.: Think i had my shield up to...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I've also noticed that under rare circumstances a companion can still remain in a slow-walk state after the effects of the charm have worn off. Recently I was leveling up a Tamed Velociraptor and it remained in slow-walk mode until I left the map.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    The spells from those monsters are like nostura you have to turn your back you are not immune to them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I have faced Tiamat, Orcus and Baphomet and bested them. I am not impressed by a yuan-ti!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    this happened to me too GWF here after that charm i couldn't recover or move until i relogged to charchter screen and back in it sucked hard so now i alawyas negate thier attack and kill fast
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    that happened to me also in temple of spider i wasnt able to use again my tab after i got prone from syndrith.
    after i died i was able to use it.

That happened on my control wizard.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    This happened to me on my GF as well. My companion ended up killing the npcs (due to me not being to move/attack) but after they were dead I still couldn't move/attack. I ended up having to /kill myself and that fixed it.